/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why can't rich Arab countries take in all the Syrian refugees?

Bosanac
01-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Firstly, I will admit that I am not the most informed person on this crisis and welcome anyone to point out matters I may sound ignorant in.

Second, I apologise if there is already a topic on this. If there is one I would appreciate a link to it.

With that said, it frustrates me a lot seeing fellow Muslims basically grovelling to non-muslims to take them in, and even when they are taken in they're begrudgingly allowed in.

Been living in Europe the past year, even came across some refugees living nearby. While they have been welcomed, a vocal minority (at least I think a minority) really resent and fear them. It's just sad to see and hear. Why do they have to put up with this?

We have so many rich Arab countries that surely have the resources to accommodate most, if not all, Syrians. I remember a while back reading about how the camp sites for the hajj are completely empty for the remainder of the year and Saudis refuse to give the space to the refugees.

I am just really sad and confused. What's going on? Why do I not hear anyone talking about this? Or am I just not looking in the right places?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-15-2017, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ReckonerH
Firstly, I will admit that I am not the most informed person on this crisis and welcome anyone to point out matters I may sound ignorant in.

Second, I apologise if there is already a topic on this. If there is one I would appreciate a link to it.

With that said, it frustrates me a lot seeing fellow Muslims basically grovelling to non-muslims to take them in, and even when they are taken in they're begrudgingly allowed in.

Been living in Europe the past year, even came across some refugees living nearby. While they have been welcomed, a vocal minority (at least I think a minority) really resent and fear them. It's just sad to see and hear. Why do they have to put up with this?

We have so many rich Arab countries that surely have the resources to accommodate most, if not all, Syrians. I remember a while back reading about how the camp sites for the hajj are completely empty for the remainder of the year and Saudis refuse to give the space to the refugees.

I am just really sad and confused. What's going on? Why do I not hear anyone talking about this? Or am I just not looking in the right places?
They do take them in. They are given jobs, free school, free healthcare, housing, etc. but they are not called "refugees." They are treated as residents.

They also are the ones who provide housing and camps in places like Turkey and Jordan.

Why they don't do more, I don't know. It could be due to political reasons, security reasons, etc. Allahu a'lem. But as an ummah, each person should do their part in helping the organizations which are already helping refugees. We can't always just wait on governments to do everything, and there are people all over the world who need help not just Syrians. Syrians are getting a lot of coverage, which is great because there are so many organizations dedicated to helping them already, but we forget that there are other groups in the world who need just as much help and unfortunately are not getting the same coverage/attention that they deserve.

Akeyi
01-15-2017, 06:44 PM
gut question and i would like to add one if you allow.

There were babies who died while trying go to europe from turkey ?

Does this babies thought it was logical thing to do ?

They did not do anything.

Syrians who doesn't joing free syrian army or stay in turkey trying go to europe. But that is not the imporant part.

They are dying while going there. Europe doesn't want them. Some countries allows them to stay but they dont want to live there.

They risk their life . OK they risk their babies live to go to europe. It is wrong. Why dont they understand that is not the logical thing to do ?

To answer your question.

There is no ottoman empire. That is the reason. Noone since the fall of ottoman empire took the name STATE OF OUR PROPHET SAV. Because of this there is no leader since then. So they are weak because they are not ottoman empire. Ottoman empire was not weak because it was STATE OF OUR PROPHET. SAV.

AND MUSLIMS WHO LIVES IN INFIDEL LANDS MAKING THESE LANDS RICHER.
I SAW PEOPLE ASKING IF IT IS OK TO FIGHT IN INFIDEL'S ARMY.
WE GIVE TAXES WE PAY BILLS. WE INCREASE POPULATION. WE ARE BECOMING CONSRIPTED. WE ARE HELPING OTHERS. ALL THOSE THINGS HELP FOR A BETTER STATE.

RICH MEANS NOT POORER. THERE SHOULD BE RICH TO BE POOR. SO UNLESS IT IS CRUCIAL IT IS BETTER TO LIVE IN MUSLIM LANDS:

OTTOMAN EMPIRE DIDNOT LET STATE'S OFFICER'S EVERYONE WORKS IN STATE AND THEIR CHILDREN TO GO EUROPE NOT EVEN FOR SICKNESS.

IF THERE IS A CONDITION LIKE THIS PADİŞAH ORDER DOCTORS FROM EUROPE TO COME OTTOMAN EMPIRE.

BECAUSE THERE IS POSIBILITY TO LOSE FAITH.

anatolian
01-15-2017, 07:04 PM
KSA, UAE, Qatar and Kuwait, althogh provided a big amount of charity didnt accept any Syrian refugee. I also don't know why.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
01-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Some of the refugees are coming to the UK and they are more than welcomed. Surely you will get haters like you will everywhere but so far in my immediate area, they have been welcomed and are being treated like normal citizens. It's sad that the Muslim community are taking a back seat and it's the Christian community that are really going out of their way to support and aid them but I guess that just goes to show the state of the Ummah!

As for Europe, you hear about these horror stories where these refugees are alleged to be attacking young school girls and what not, but whether any of that is actually true or not is beyond me. I think the "powers that be" were scared senseless that people wanted to help the refugees and were welcoming them with open arms that they have to put some "spin" in the media to create hostility.

But Allah knows best.

Futuwwa
01-15-2017, 09:45 PM
If the Saudi government used those hajj tents to house refugees, what happens during the next hajj? Will the Saudi government be granted an internationally recognized, unconditional right to restore the status quo ante and discontinue the refugee housing should it choose to? I don't think so.

Born_Believer
01-15-2017, 10:19 PM

The UK, one of the top 5 or 6 wealthiest nations on the planet is only taking in 20 000 Syrian refugees over the course of 5 years...that number is not set in stone. In reality it could decrease with many being deported, especially if far right organisations keep pushing claims that Syrians like to rape white women.

However, the issue is not just Syria and where Syrian refugees are going. The refugee crisis affects Africa and south Asia more so than the middle east and it is the poorest countries on the planet who are taking on board these refugees. Is it not Pakistan and Lebanon who have the highest refugee populations on the planet? And pretty much every middle eastern and African nation has a refugee population numbering in the hundreds of thousands, with tens of thousands arriving every year.

Kinda puts a few thousand going into europe and the US into perspective doesnt it?

Bosanac
01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Aren't there hadiths that say sending others in your place to do hajj counts as if you too completed Hajj? Surely there are similar hadiths/justifications on foregoing a Hajj so that refugees, and Muslim refugees at that, can find safe haven...in the holiest place on earth too! And even if not, surely Saudi Arabia has the resources to expand these Hajj campsites.

Bosanac
01-16-2017, 11:54 AM
My last post was a response to futuwwa, sorry I dont know how to edit a post on the forum yet :statisfie

YahyaAE
01-16-2017, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
KSA, UAE, Qatar and Kuwait, althogh provided a big amount of charity didnt accept any Syrian refugee.
This simply isn't true. As of 2011 the year the Arab Spring started the UAE provided at least 100,000 residency permits to Syrians, and that was 5 years ago, so it must be higher now. And given how small our local population is, this is a lot. This short video shows how much they are helping Syrians.

https://youtu.be/gI_hyHWHMVc

hisnameiszzz
01-17-2017, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
The UK, one of the top 5 or 6 wealthiest nations on the planet is only taking in 20 000 Syrian refugees over the course of 5 years...that number is not set in stone. In reality it could decrease with many being deported, especially if far right organisations keep pushing claims that Syrians like to rape white women.
That is just pathetic. The Syrian refugees we are working with are lovely people. They have nothing but are so generous it's unreal.

Just because some of them are numpties, doesn't mean they all are.

talibilm
01-18-2017, 01:37 AM
:sl:

So Islam is just in name in these Muslims countries who actually have to take them and its a duty of Islam on them to help their brethren. Thats how the Today Muslim Ummah is . Inshallah we are seeing those signs that Allah told in his Noble Quran that he will bring new nations who would love Allah and Allah will love them and they will not be like them (born Muslims)

azc
01-18-2017, 05:32 AM
Muslim countries are too small to accommodate refugees in large number... Or their hearts are too small to accommodate the hapless people in their lands.

azc
01-18-2017, 05:36 AM
KSA, UAE, Qatar and Kuwait, althogh provided a big amount of charity didnt accept any Syrian refugee. I also don't know why.
because victims are Muslims....

cooterhein
01-18-2017, 07:08 AM

I've heard that one of the main reasons Saudi Arabia doesn't want Syrian refugees is because Saudi Arabia is extremely anti secular (truly extreme) and the absolute purity of their anti secularism would be upset by the relatively secular expectations of the Syrian refugees. Even if those refugees are Sunni (and most are), they are too secular for the Saudis by Saudi standards. (And Qatari standards, and a couple of other oil-rich states).

Of course, this is secularism in relative terms. Turkey remains more secular than Syria is, and Germany (where most of them want to wind up) is way more secular than that. And by German standards, the Syrian refugees are generally not considered to be terribly secular, and that is one of the issues they're running into. It's funny how we're so short on Sunni countries with the right level of secularism (although Oman might be a good candidate if people could get there), and it's puzzling that Saudi Arabia doesn't aspire to be the right sort of place for Muslims in need. Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey- over and over again- find that it all falls on them.

KSA already is the special place of mandatory hajj, so it seems rather odd that they don't want to be a safe haven for all Sunni Muslims. Of course they're not going to be on the best terms with their Shia neighbors, and I'd expect them to have some issues with some Sufi and the more fringe groups. But the vast majority of these refugees are Sunni, for goodness sake. Are they really going to shut out refugees because they have the second- or third- lowest levels of secularism in the region, and that doesn't measure up to Saudi standards of complete and total anti-secularism?

Yes, apparently that is exactly how it works with them, as far as I've been made aware. And that is just egregiously unreasonable. They're going to sit there and say, Nope, we do not compromise on this. How dare you ask if we would move on this in any way. We say no, we forbid it, and that is all we're going to say. This is how Real Islam is done, so be homeless somewhere else, we cannot allow your ideas of (relative) tolerance and religious pluralism to permanently dwell within the kingdom.

For real, how uncompromising and unreasonable is that?

Here's a piece by Mohammad Ahmad on this very issue.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...id-metropcs-us

Snel
01-18-2017, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
They do take them in. They are given jobs, free school, free healthcare, housing, etc. but they are not called "refugees." They are treated as residents.

They also are the ones who provide housing and camps in places like Turkey and Jordan.

Why they don't do more, I don't know. It could be due to political reasons, security reasons, etc. Allahu a'lem. But as an ummah, each person should do their part in helping the organizations which are already helping refugees. We can't always just wait on governments to do everything, and there are people all over the world who need help not just Syrians. Syrians are getting a lot of coverage, which is great because there are so many organizations dedicated to helping them already, but we forget that there are other groups in the world who need just as much help and unfortunately are not getting the same coverage/attention that they deserve.
Women and children were put in camps in the middle of the desert in the arabian peninsula with no running water. Saudis were gathering to "marry" their daughters for x amount of money for a week or two. Instead of helping them, or ask them to leave for that matter they attacked them. Jordan has forced christian missionaries upon the refugees in their country who force the muslims there to read up on christian literature. They're telling them to read a some chrisitan books to later test them if they actually memorized anything, if they don't they lose their homes. Turkey are using the refugees as a weapon against Europe to get political advantages there and even to try to enter the EU, which they have been trying to do for a very long time now.

By the way, all of these countries that you have mentioned, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Jordan are literally fighting the muslims of Syria together with the disbelievers.

So you've got the wrong picture about them. They don't care about the muslims, they are in fact enemies of muslims and are fighting them every day. The governments of Saudia Arabia, Jordan and Turkey are not our friends.

anatolian
01-18-2017, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snel
Turkey are using the refugees as a weapon against Europe to get political advantages there and even to try to enter the EU, which they have been trying to do for a very long time now.
The refugees are not used as some M-16s against EU in Turkey. Laughing out loud. In fact they have even more rights than turkish nationals. Turkey have the most crowded refugee population with around 3 million and goes on to take more from Europe for some favors from EU.

sister herb
01-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Syrian refugees in the region

More than 4.8 million Syrian refugees are in just five countries Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt:

Turkey hosts 2.7 million Syrian refugees, more than any other country worldwide
Lebanon hosts approximately 1 million Syrian refugees which amounts to around one in five people in the country
Jordan hosts approximately 655,675 Syrian refugees, which amounts to about 10% of the population
Iraq where 3.1 million people are already internally displaced hosts 228,894 Syrian refugees
Egypt hosts 115,204 Syrian refugees

The UN’s 2016 humanitarian appeal for Syrian refugees was just 56% funded by the end of November 2016.

93% of Syrian refugees in urban areas in Jordan are living below the poverty line, as well as 70% of Syrian refugees in Lebanon, 65% in Egypt and 37% in Iraq.

Conflict in Syria

According to the UN around 13.5 million people are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance inside Syria. The number of people displaced within Syria is expected to rise to 8.7 million by the end of 2016.

The 5 countries which border Syria (Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey) have closed their borders to people fleeing the conflict. Currently, 75,000+ Syrians are stranded in dire conditions along the Syria-Jordan border. Ongoing conflict in Syria, including recent attacks in Aleppo, will likely lead to more people trying to flee Syria.

Between January and September 2016, Syrians made up the largest nationality of those crossing the Mediterranean to get to Europe (26.2%).

International Resettlement

In total, 224,694 resettlement and other admission pathways have been pledged globally since the start of the Syria crisis, which equates to a mere 4.7% of the total population of Syrian refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt and Turkey.

At least 480,000 people in the five main host countries - or 10% - are in need of resettlement according to the UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR.

Key facts:

Gulf countries including Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Bahrain have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees.

Other high income countries including Russia, Singapore and South Korea have also offered zero resettlement places

Germany has pledged 43,431 places for Syrian refugees via resettlement and other admission pathways; about 46% of the combined EU total.

Excluding Germany, the remaining 27 EU countries have pledged around 51,205 places via resettlement and other admission pathways, or around 1% of the Syrian refugee population in the main host countries

Germany and Sweden together have received 64% of Syrian asylum applications in Europe between April 2011 and October 2016

Sources: UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), International Organization of Migration (IOM)

Mustafa16
01-18-2017, 04:56 PM
The refugees are not used as some M-16s against EU in Turkey. Laughing out loud. In fact they have even more rights than turkish nationals. Turkey have the most crowded refugee population with around 3 million and goes on to take more from Europe for some favors from EU.
they are actually.....erdogan threatened to "unleash them" on europe if they don't give visa free travel to his citizens

sister herb
01-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Women and children were put in camps in the middle of the desert in the arabian peninsula with no running water. Saudis were gathering to "marry" their daughters for x amount of money for a week or two. Instead of helping them, or ask them to leave for that matter they attacked them. Jordan has forced christian missionaries upon the refugees in their country who force the muslims there to read up on christian literature. They're telling them to read a some chrisitan books to later test them if they actually memorized anything, if they don't they lose their homes. Turkey are using the refugees as a weapon against Europe to get political advantages there and even to try to enter the EU, which they have been trying to do for a very long time now.
Can you show evidences for those claims? They sound like propaganda against those countries.

Snel
01-18-2017, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Can you show evidences for those claims? They sound like propaganda against those countries.
Saudi Arabia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRLkw1mEKU

These so called "marriages" of course do end up in abuse and divorce, as they weren't meant to last. What is going on is practically forced sexual relationships as well as prostitution with an Islamic name, the same as what is practiced by the shia.

Although this is happening among a minority, it is a problem that has to be addressed. These saudi men who go there to take advantage of defenseless muslim women in these camps must be exposed and eventually dealt with. The refugees must get real help, and the best way for that to happen is for the muslims to regain strength and to establish security in the region.

Jordan:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6d4_1376618939

Islamophobes tend to bring up the mistreatment of women in Saudi Arabia because they want to link that to Islam. Because Saudi Arabia has advertised itself as being a nation which follows sharia law, which is false. But there is a problem nonetheless, and it is not caused by Islam but by the hypocrisy of their government and a great number of saudis.

Snel
01-18-2017, 05:34 PM
No I never said they were used as spies. EU countries have a refugee-problem. Turkey controls a substantial part of the flow of refugees to Europe.

Ibrahimz
01-19-2017, 05:58 AM

By the way, all of these countries that you have mentioned, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Jordan are literally fighting the muslims of Syria together with the disbelievers.

So you've got the wrong picture about them. They don't care about the muslims, they are in fact enemies of muslims and are fighting them every day. The governments of Saudia Arabia, Jordan and Turkey are not our friends.
Assalamu Alakum Wa Rahmatulah Wa Barakatuh,

May you please provide some sources and references that Jordan has Christian Missionaries forced upon the refugees?

Same with Saudi Arabia - I've read about Turkey using the refugees as a political bargaining tool so you don't need to provide any reference for that if you don't want to. Thank you.

Born_Believer
01-19-2017, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
That is just pathetic. The Syrian refugees we are working with are lovely people. They have nothing but are so generous it's unreal.

Just because some of them are numpties, doesn't mean they all are.
Of course it's pathetic but thats what the western powers try and portray, an image of all refugees, especially Muslim ones supposedly unable to keep their hands off the superior white race. SMH.

anatolian
01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Turkey already had had so many refugees before the EU sstarted to complain about theirs. Then EU and Turkey made an agreement that EU would send their unwanted refugees to Turkey and give Turkey some favors including freeing the Turkish nationals from schengen visa requirement in visiting the EU countries. But they didnt stay true their words, as they never be, and still didnt give this right to Turkey. So, the president of Turkey simply said that if you go on like that we will send them back to you. Those refugees anyway want to turn back to Europe themselves. Still the Syrians are in a good position in Turkey

AabiruSabeel
01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
I've heard that one of the main reasons Saudi Arabia doesn't want Syrian refugees is because Saudi Arabia is extremely anti secular ...
Not sure it has got anything to do with secularism.

According to report published in September 2015, Saudi Arabia had taken in around 2.5 million Syrians since the uprising. See this link for details: http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/805236

Karl
01-19-2017, 10:46 PM
One thing I don't understand is why do they flee from jihad? Don't Muslims all go to paradise when they die with their boots on in a fight for a Holy cause? What is the point of going to Europe or where ever, if you risk darkening your soul pursuing selfish desires? Ironically the Crusaders went through hardship and long travelling to kill the "infidels" to what they thought would cleanse their souls of sin and guarantee them a place in heaven. Why oh why do Syrians and other Muslims from foreign lands go to the Crusader lands? You can only expect hostility from the local races for invading their countries.

Ibrahimz
01-20-2017, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
One thing I don't understand is why do they flee from jihad? Don't Muslims all go to paradise when they die with their boots on in a fight for a Holy cause? What is the point of going to Europe or where ever, if you risk darkening your soul pursuing selfish desires? Ironically the Crusaders went through hardship and long travelling to kill the "infidels" to what they thought would cleanse their souls of sin and guarantee them a place in heaven. Why oh why do Syrians and other Muslims from foreign lands go to the Crusader lands? You can only expect hostility from the local races for invading their countries.
Karl, these wars are orchestrated by Western powers. Why does the West not just leave the Muslim countries alone? It is we that got you out of your Dark Age, and into the Age of Enlightenment -- and you repay us by playing games in our land and destroying our countries, and murdering our innocent children, woman, and men -- for what appears to be for $$$ and political clout.

Even before the advent of Abrahamic religions, it was common courtesy to give shelter for refugees. This isn't a new custom, but one held by humans for a long time.

ISIS/Daesh/ISIL is a product Zionist-sponsored plans through the CIA.

And Allah (the most beneficent, the most merciful) knows best.

Ibrahimz
01-20-2017, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibrahimz
Karl, these wars are orchestrated by Western powers. Why does the West not just leave the Muslim countries alone? It is we that got you out of your Dark Age, and into the Age of Enlightenment -- and you repay us by playing games in our land and destroying our countries, and murdering our innocent children, woman, and men -- for what appears to be for $$$ and political clout.

Even before the advent of Abrahamic religions, it was common courtesy to give shelter for refugees. This isn't a new custom, but one held by humans for a long time.

ISIS/Daesh/ISIL is a product Zionist-sponsored plans through the CIA.

And Allah (the most beneficent, the most merciful) knows best.
Sorry, I prematurely attacked you, and that should have not happened. Please accept my apologies.

With that said, I still stand with what I said about western countries and western powers based on my understanding. And Allah (the all encompassing, the most beneficent) knows best.

Karl
01-20-2017, 02:08 AM
Sorry, I prematurely attacked you, and that should have not happened. Please accept my apologies.

With that said, I still stand with what I said about western countries and western powers based on my understanding. And Allah (the all encompassing, the most beneficent) knows best.
Don't apologize that was very good. So can you answer me why Muslims in the East want to enter and live in the West? In the lands of the Great Satan and imperialists of the darkest order with an atrocious history of atrocities. Why do Muslims expect to be treated fairly?

Ibrahimz
01-20-2017, 02:51 AM
Don't apologize that was very good. So can you answer me why Muslims in the East want to enter and live in the West? In the lands of the Great Satan and imperialists of the darkest order with an atrocious history of atrocities. Why do Muslims expect to be treated fairly?
Assalamu Alakum Wa Rahmatulah Wa Barakatuh Brother Karl,

There is a distinction between want and need to -- if no Muslim land accepts them (and most of them are puppet states of the West) -- where are they forced to go? You are correct to say that if they died in their land, they will most likely go to Jannah. If Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) had not chosen them to die there then must be a reason why they were allowed in the West. Islam is a global religion and I do think there is a reason why Muslim refugees may want to go to western lands - a good reason is to do Dawah and share their stories on how they got there. Any reasonable person would feel a level of remorse knowing that a group of people were forced out of their ancestral homeland due to a greedy group of powerful elite - even if they do not follow the same religious traditions.

Personally, I was born in the West and am quite frustrated with living here right now. My homeland has been in a state of Civil War, so it is not the safest place for me to go back to. I would prefer to live in either Makkah, Medina, or perhaps another Muslim-majority city (I do have issues with KSA, but the first two are Holy Cities, regardless of who controls them.) I would prefer to go now but it would not be permissible for me to leave under my understanding of Islam at the moment. In the meantime, I think the best thing is to find some internal peace and spread Islam in the best way possible (something I and am sure many other Western Muslims could do a better job at, while there are plenty of Western-based Muslims who do a good job at this already).

Also, these Western countries are choosing to treat their Muslim population poorly -- they are not forced by Iblis to harm us, it is their choice to listen to him and their own evil desires.

Just like we as Believers make the choice to be Slaves of Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) - there are times in all our lives that it would be easier to succumb to our dark desires, but we signed a covenant to try our hardest not to (and it is a strong and serious covenant placed upon all of us) so must constantly improve and reform our behavior. So part of the problem probably has to do with how Western Muslims act in these lands, but honestly, this is like the Chicken or the egg scenario imho. Do we place more blame on the oppressed for lashing out at times or do we blame the group doing the oppressing -- I would be more likely to place more blame on the latter, but that does not completely excuse misbehavior from the Believer. We are taught to be better, and we should act better as well in ALL circumstances because our religion is one of Success, and if we believe in that truly, we will see our Ummah do amazing things regardless of where we are.

Also, as a final point, I do disagree that the West is purely Satan's land. There are Western Muslims who reverted back into Islam after exposure from born-Muslims and other Muslims who travel to the West. Do these people not deserve the opportunity to be exposed to the Truth and have the opportunity to accept it? Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) created all of us, therefore, it is incorrect to demonize an entire group of people or an entire region. My criticism is towards to the powerful elite and the people who partner with them in spreading lies, discord, and sins - not the entire population. There are plenty of good-hearted people who live in the East, the North, the South, and the West.

And Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) knows best.

Karl
01-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Assalamu Alakum Wa Rahmatulah Wa Barakatuh Brother Karl,

There is a distinction between want and need to -- if no Muslim land accepts them (and most of them are puppet states of the West) -- where are they forced to go? You are correct to say that if they died in their land, they will most likely go to Jannah. If Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) had not chosen them to die there then must be a reason why they were allowed in the West. Islam is a global religion and I do think there is a reason why Muslim refugees may want to go to western lands - a good reason is to do Dawah and share their stories on how they got there. Any reasonable person would feel a level of remorse knowing that a group of people were forced out of their ancestral homeland due to a greedy group of powerful elite - even if they do not follow the same religious traditions.

Personally, I was born in the West and am quite frustrated with living here right now. My homeland has been in a state of Civil War, so it is not the safest place for me to go back to. I would prefer to live in either Makkah, Medina, or perhaps another Muslim-majority city (I do have issues with KSA, but the first two are Holy Cities, regardless of who controls them.) I would prefer to go now but it would not be permissible for me to leave under my understanding of Islam at the moment. In the meantime, I think the best thing is to find some internal peace and spread Islam in the best way possible (something I and am sure many other Western Muslims could do a better job at, while there are plenty of Western-based Muslims who do a good job at this already).

Also, these Western countries are choosing to treat their Muslim population poorly -- they are not forced by Iblis to harm us, it is their choice to listen to him and their own evil desires.

Just like we as Believers make the choice to be Slaves of Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) - there are times in all our lives that it would be easier to succumb to our dark desires, but we signed a covenant to try our hardest not to (and it is a strong and serious covenant placed upon all of us) so must constantly improve and reform our behavior. So part of the problem probably has to do with how Western Muslims act in these lands, but honestly, this is like the Chicken or the egg scenario imho. Do we place more blame on the oppressed for lashing out at times or do we blame the group doing the oppressing -- I would be more likely to place more blame on the latter, but that does not completely excuse misbehavior from the Believer. We are taught to be better, and we should act better as well in ALL circumstances because our religion is one of Success, and if we believe in that truly, we will see our Ummah do amazing things regardless of where we are.

Also, as a final point, I do disagree that the West is purely Satan's land. There are Western Muslims who reverted back into Islam after exposure from born-Muslims and other Muslims who travel to the West. Do these people not deserve the opportunity to be exposed to the Truth and have the opportunity to accept it? Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) created all of us, therefore, it is incorrect to demonize an entire group of people or an entire region. My criticism is towards to the powerful elite and the people who partner with them in spreading lies, discord, and sins - not the entire population. There are plenty of good-hearted people who live in the East, the North, the South, and the West.

And Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) knows best.
You have some good points but I don't think you understand the big picture. Islam is not really the Issue for a lot of westerners (even though many will pretend it's about Islam). It is that the silent majority of Europeans have a healthy racial awareness and don't want to be overrun by Africans and Asians. The real issue is a race turf issue. That's why you will sometimes hear news reports of white nationalists harassing not only Muslims but also Hindu from India and Christians from the Philippines and Mexico! It is a natural animal instinct to be territorial and pretty much racist, because of the threat of alien genetics tainting and genociding the locals through the degenerate act of miscegenation. I as a north European feel threatened by hordes of foreign races invading my country and simply don't want them here, just as I can equally understand that any Asian or African would not want hordes of whites invading their country. If things keep going on in the direction they are going with the cultural Marxists attempting to create multi racial "melting pots" the end result will eventually and almost inevitably lead to very serious race wars.

aaj
01-27-2017, 04:16 PM
Love for duniya and hate for death is what makes them flee rather then stand and defend their lands and people. Plus those running to the west think the west is their savior. State of the ummah will not change till this mindset changes.

anatolian
01-27-2017, 08:21 PM
After all disscusions and accusations there is still a human tragedy over there

Umm♥Layth
01-28-2017, 12:23 AM
This video breaks my heart into a million pieces. I wish I could bring her to my home, ya Allah imsad

Bosanac
01-28-2017, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Love for duniya and hate for death is what makes them flee rather then stand and defend their lands and people. Plus those running to the west think the west is their savior. State of the ummah will not change till this mindset changes.
What about the hijra to Medina? Or when the prophet pbuh sent his companions to Abyssinia? Come on now, think before you generalize. There are million reasons why they might flee rather than fight. Accusing them of weak faith is insulting.

Born_Believer
01-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Again, no one has yet addressed that the issue that Arab and non-Arab countries ARE taking in refugees, some by the millions. So does that not simply disprove the whole myth?

Bosanac
01-29-2017, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
Again, no one has yet addressed that the issue that Arab and non-Arab countries ARE taking in refugees, some by the millions. So does that not simply disprove the whole myth?
I'm really glad to hear about that. But it does beg the question why they would then choose such a long and dangerous journey to Europe or north America instead. I'm sure they have their reasons, like family there or something, but it's just strange to me.

Also strange that I haven't come across any coverage about these Arabic countries taking in refugees. I would think they'd want to dispel the myth themselves.

Born_Believer
01-29-2017, 08:00 PM
I'm really glad to hear about that. But it does beg the question why they would then choose such a long and dangerous journey to Europe or north America instead. I'm sure they have their reasons, like family there or something, but it's just strange to me.

Also strange that I haven't come across any coverage about these Arabic countries taking in refugees. I would think they'd want to dispel the myth themselves.
You are assuming that Arab or Muslim countries have a say so on what appears in the western media. You are also assuming that the only refugees are from the Arab world. You are also mistaken in thinking that the journey across the Mediterranean is more dangerous than a journey through deserts and other warzones.

Do not assume my friend.

Bosanac
01-29-2017, 08:45 PM
You're absolutely right, I am indeed making too many assumptions. In my defense though about media coverage, I just figured independent journalists or more reputable/neutral stations would at least contest what's in the mainstream media. I hear RT is pretty reliable for example, is it that not the case anymore? (Serious question, not rhetorical lol)

cooterhein
01-31-2017, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Not sure it has got anything to do with secularism.

According to report published in September 2015, Saudi Arabia had taken in around 2.5 million Syrians since the uprising. See this link for details: http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/805236
I'll keep this really simple. Here is a link from the same arabnews website that you gave me, on roughly the same topic, from two days before that one.

http://www.arabnews.com/columns/news/804116

In one article, it says that KSA (pay attention now) "has hosted" 2.5 million Syrians since the start of the Syrian civil war.

In the other article from the very same source, it says that KSA "is now home to" 500,000 Syrians. They're not refugees, of course, because KSA "doesn't deal with them as refugees."

Can you explain the distinctions that allow for both of those numbers to be accurate to the situation?

AabiruSabeel
01-31-2017, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
I'll keep this really simple. Here is a link from the same arabnews website that you gave me, on roughly the same topic, from two days before that one.

http://www.arabnews.com/columns/news/804116

In one article, it says that KSA (pay attention now) "has hosted" 2.5 million Syrians since the start of the Syrian civil war.

In the other article from the very same source, it says that KSA "is now home to" 500,000 Syrians. They're not refugees, of course, because KSA "doesn't deal with them as refugees."

Can you explain the distinctions that allow for both of those numbers to be accurate to the situation?
The article that you've linked above was published before the one that I have linked.

This one says that KSA is already home to 500,000 Syrians, that means, that many Syrians were already living and working in KSA before the start of the conflict.

The second one which I have linked says that since the start of the conflict, KSA took in 2.5 million Syrians. That means, the total number of Syrians living in KSA would be around 3 million at this time.

According to the report here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anhvin...b_8175924.html

... a look at Saudi Arabia’s UNHCR page has a few curious footnotes that Western publications are conveniently omitting. The UNHCR counts refugees by noting only those “persons recognized as refugees under the 1951 UN Convention/1967 Protocol, the 1969 OAU Convention, in accordance with the UNHCR Statute, persons granted a complementary form of protection and those granted temporary protection.“ Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and the UAE are not parties to any of the UN protocols on refugees, and so through this technicality, they, along with most of their refugees, are excluded from many refugee counting mechanisms.

And as if the statement that Saudi Arabia has not taken any refugees were not preposterous enough, with the lack of a “Great Arabian Wall” of sorts, numerous commentators have conveniently overlooked the fact that the noted Gulf States are not included in maps of UNHCR progress reports like this one. One would think that such maps might raise the question, why aren’t any of the Gulf States included in the graphics? And given their exclusion from many UN refugee graphics, one might also ask, is the absence of Syrian refugees in Saudi Arabia really due to an astonishingly secure border? Or just a technicality that pundits have deceitfully misinterpreted?

With Saudi Arabia’s non-signatory status, the Syrians residing in Saudi Arabia are classified as “Arab brothers and sisters in distress” instead of refugees covered by UN treaties. According to Nabil Othman, the UNHCR regional representative to the Gulf region, there were 500,000 Syrian refugees in Saudi Arabia at the time of his statement. The government itself of Saudi Arabia has stated that it has, over the past five years since the start of the conflict hosted 2.5 million refugees.

Because the noted treaties establish treatment standards for refugees, some might raise concerns regarding the conditions that Saudi Arabia’s refugees may be living in. However, Al-Arabiya, a news outlet based in the UAE, has noted that “Saudi authorities granted Syrians the right of residency and work, and provided them with education and health services for free.” According to the Saudi government, over 100,000 children are currently receiving education in the country’s schools. Saudi Arabia is not alone in attempts to provide education for the refugees, with Lebanon now providing schooling for another 100,000 child refugees.

Bosanac
01-31-2017, 03:27 PM
Very informative; thank you

Yahya.
01-31-2017, 04:26 PM
The answer is simple; they don't want revolutionary ideas to be spread in their lands, as it would threaten their kingdom.

Born_Believer
02-05-2017, 09:31 PM
You're absolutely right, I am indeed making too many assumptions. In my defense though about media coverage, I just figured independent journalists or more reputable/neutral stations would at least contest what's in the mainstream media. I hear RT is pretty reliable for example, is it that not the case anymore? (Serious question, not rhetorical lol)
Rt
is pretty good, give it a watch but it wont give you the entire picture. Its not just the tv media, read online media sources and even the bigger ones which are mainstream western organisations will have the tiniest headline about something positive to do with muslims lol

Elcocaloca
02-05-2017, 09:39 PM
What rich arab countries you know? If it is rich per capita, it doesn't mean it is rich and can accept all syrians. And if all syrians leave syria who will fight for their future?
By the way most syrians refugees are in Turkey and Jordan, not Europe.

beleiver
02-12-2017, 01:08 AM
Saudi Arabia props up the Fiat petrodollar the mother of all usury monopoly casinos that serve the wealthy at the expense of the poor , they just made a Pact to wage more war with the USA and Donald Trump, They are a hyper conservative sectarian Kingdom that hides important truths which doesn't emulate the kind of system Mohamed would of wanted as far as my limited understand goes and what little i know about the secular stateless society that was forged with the constitution of Medina.

May be they are not helping because they are just bad Muslims?

Sho Islam
03-28-2017, 06:42 PM
It is true that many Gulf countries including Saudi Arabia have taken in many Syrians since the war began, however they have taken these people in mainly via family visas (via a Syrian family member living in a Gulf country) then they would generally convert these into work visas to gain the right to stay and work in a Gulf country.

Below is evidence for the above, from Sky News Arabic debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMeg7ze5ZVQ

I have not heard of Saudi Arabia or any other 'rich' Gulf country taking in refugees without some sort of visa, which begs the question what does a Syrian refugee do when they don't fulfill the requirements of a visa...?

If Saudi and other wealthy Muslim Gulf countries cared so much about helping the Syrian people would they not make this process easier for Syrians...?

Why the need for a visa at all for women and children who is fleeing conflict and have no other place to go...?

azc
03-28-2017, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sho Islam
It is true that many Gulf countries including Saudi Arabia have taken in many Syrians since the war began, however they have taken these people in mainly via family visas (via a Syrian family member living in a Gulf country) then they would generally convert these into work visas to gain the right to stay and work in a Gulf country.Below is evidence for the above, from Sky News Arabic debate:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMeg7ze5ZVQI have not heard of Saudi Arabia or any other 'rich' Gulf country taking in refugees without some sort of visa, which begs the question what does a Syrian refugee do when they don't fulfill the requirements of a visa...?If Saudi and other wealthy Muslim Gulf countries cared so much about helping the Syrian people would they not make this process easier for Syrians...? Why the need for a visa at all for women and children who is fleeing conflict and have no other place to go...?
Why the need for a visa at all for women and children who is fleeing conflict and have no other place to go...?
it makes sense. Concerned authorities should consider it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.