/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I marry twins

whosebob
01-16-2017, 08:31 PM
I don't think this is possible but inshallah I would like to know for certain and why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-16-2017, 09:01 PM
:sl:

You can marry one of the twins, not both of them. Marrying two sisters at the same time is not allowed.

Allah :swt: says:

Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers, and your step-daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful. [4:23]

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Stick to one wife,there's no need for two

qissh
05-28-2017, 12:19 PM
What Cinnamorolls said[emoji1369]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Yaqzan
05-28-2017, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Explain

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Yaqzan
Explain
In todays society there really is no need for more than one wife, also i dont think a lot of men are able to provide for more than one wife,also men dont think in the same way our Prophet pbuh did when he married more than one wife,he married older women,divorcees etc.Now a lot of men just want another wife for intimate reasons or because they want a younger prettier wife,just generally superficial reasons etc. Even if there was an issue,eg a mans wife could not have children,there's adoption.Adoption is 100% okay in Islam,so there really is no need for more than one wife. Lastly do u really think a woman is going to be pleased sharing her husband with another woman? Doubt it.Or what if the man starts to treat one wife differently than the other? And the twins thing is stupid. Im sorry but really, it is. Do you really think 2 TWIN SISTERS are going to feel comfortable with the same husband. One wife is more than enough if you treat her with love,respect and kindness, like how Islam teaches us to.

AbdurRahman.
05-28-2017, 03:58 PM
In todays society there really is no need for more than one wife, also i dont think a lot of men are able to provide for more than one wife,also men dont think in the same way our Prophet pbuh did when he married more than one wife,he married older women,divorcees etc.Now a lot of men just want another wife for intimate reasons or because they want a younger prettier wife,just generally superficial reasons etc. Even if there was an issue,eg a mans wife could not have children,there's adoption.Adoption is 100% okay in Islam,so there really is no need for more than one wife. Lastly do u really think a woman is going to be pleased sharing her husband with another woman? Doubt it.Or what if the man starts to treat one wife differently than the other? And the twins thing is stupid. Im sorry but really, it is. Do you really think 2 TWIN SISTERS are going to feel comfortable with the same husband. One wife is more than enough if you treat her with love,respect and kindness, like how Islam teaches us to.
maashALlah good post but i would argue there is need for more than one wife for the culture is much more sexualised thus men get more [the 'h' word :Emoji49:] than usual and pester their wife too much for se* and their even resltess when wife has period

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
maashALlah good post but i would argue there is need for more than one wife for the culture is much more sexualised thus men get more [the 'h' word :Emoji49:] than usual and pester their wife too much for se* and their even resltess when wife has period
Well then they should learn some patience. This goes for both men and women, if someone's spouse is not in the mood than respect their wishes. Im sorry but i dont really agree with your view on this part

AbdurRahman.
05-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Well then they should learn some patience. This goes for both men and women, if someone's spouse is not in the mood than respect their wishes. Im sorry but i dont really agree with your view on this part
but Allah allows us four wives and the commentary i read on it says it is specifically for this reason, i.e, better to have 4 wives [and fulfill your desires that way] than have 4 mistresses, so in this sexualised culture this reason is all the more stronger

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Honestly i feel yall get so excited about the whole more than one wife thing, but remember there are conditions and you cant just go off marrying someone just because you find them attractive or whatever. There are criteria and conditions and i dont think most men meet those conditions,either they generally don't know or think women are stupid enough to just blindly agrrr

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 04:16 PM
*agree

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
but Allah allows us four wives and the commentary i read on it says it is specifically for this reason, i.e, better to have 4 wives [and fulfill your desires that way] than have 4 mistresses, so in this sexualised culture this reason is all the more stronger
I don't agree personally, but lets not argue about it. And im aware polygamy is allowed

Hamza Asadullah
05-28-2017, 05:14 PM

I don't agree personally

In todays society there really is no need for more than one wife

The area of polygamy can be a very sensitive topic for many women. But this is because women look at this topic with an emotional rather than rational hat on. Almighty Allah has allowed men upto 4 wives for a reason because he knows best. Even though it may go against our own desires. Many women link it to men wanting more sexual gratification but there are many rational reasons for it.

Some of the main reasons include; firstly the nature of how Allah created men in terms of men being capable of polygamy, the fact that the population of women is ever increasing with many countries already having far more women than men and we can see this in the marriage market today where there are far more women looking than men. Also because of having more children which is something the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) encouraged as he wants his Ummah to be plentiful on the day of judgement. Through wars where most of the victims are men through fighting, political alliances and uniting tribes and families together etc as was the case with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). You state that it is not needed in todays society but we see many divorced women struggling to find a partner. You only have to look at the situation in Syria for example where there are countless widowed women with very little hope of finding another husband.

In fact many anthropologists say that polygamy has been the norm throughout history and is quite common in many cultures today including non Muslim cultures. Polygamy was practised even throughout western history. However today's Modern day western culture is very hypocritical about polygamy because it frowns upon having more than one wife but it accepts a promiscuous society where men have numerous partners "on the side" and allows adultery etc.

So as long as certain conditions for polygamy are met then we do not have the right to reject or frown upon that which is permissable or say it is "not relevant in todays society". If certain people are abusing polygamy then they will have to answer for it but we should not paint everyone with the same brush because of the actions of a few and therefore we should not hate or dislike that which Allah has permitted.

And Allah knows best in all matters

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah

The area of polygamy can be a very sensitive topic for many women. But this is because women look at this topic with an emotional rather than rational hat on. Almighty Allah has allowed men upto 4 wives for a reason. Not merely for sexual gratification but for many rational reasons.

Some of the main reasons include; firstly the nature of how Allah created men in terms of men being capable of polygamy, the fact that the population of women is ever increasing with many countries already having far more women than men and we can see this in the marriage market today where there are far more women looking than men. Also because of having more children which is something the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) encouraged as he wants his Ummah to be plentiful on the day of judgement. Through wars where most of the victims are men through fighting, political alliances and uniting tribes and families together etc as was the case with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). You state that it is not needed in todays society but we see many divorced women struggling to find a partner. You only have to look at the situation in Syria for example where there are countless widowed women with very little hope of finding another husband.

In fact many anthropologists say that polygamy has been the norm throughout history and is quite common in many cultures today including non Muslim cultures. Polygamy was practised even throughout western history. However today's Modern day western culture is very hypocritical about polygamy because it frowns upon having more than one wife but it accepts a promiscuous society where men have numerous partners "on the side" and allows adultery etc.

So as long as certain conditions for polygamy are met then we do not have the right to reject or frown upon that which is permissable or say it is "not relevant in todays society". If certain people are abusing polygamy then they will have to answer for it but we should not paint everyone with the same brush because of the actions of a few and therefore we should not hate or dislike that which Allah.

Yes, im okay with polygamy if it is for a legitimate reason and the criteria on behalf of the man is fulfilled and it's not just for intimate reasons.
However when men say they want another wife for so and so and if its a superficial reason or generally a stupid one im against it.

sister herb
05-28-2017, 06:37 PM
That´s true that nowadays for example because of Syrian war there are many widowed women (many also with kids with them) but as also many men prefer to marry with young and virgin, it seems that polygamy doesn´t give much help to the situation of those widows. Society should start to educate men to see how they could help those widows as marrying them instead of marrying virgins but are men aware about this possibility or is it to them too difficult choice?

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
That´s true that nowadays for example because of Syrian war there are many widowed women (many also with kids with them) but as also many men prefer to marry with young and virgin, it seems that polygamy doesn´t give much help to the situation of those widows. Society should start to educate men to see how they could help those widows as marrying them instead of marrying virgins but are men aware about this possibility or is it to them too difficult choice?
exactly. How many men who want a second wife would consider marrying one with children? Next to none it appears.

Bobbyflay23
05-28-2017, 08:26 PM
You just reminded me of a video where two twins where born in the same body or somthing and they where intimate with the same guy it's at around 40 minutes in the video https://youtu.be/K57IcN9DWXo

Bobbyflay23
05-28-2017, 08:37 PM
exactly. How many men who want a second wife would consider marrying one with children? Next to none it appears.
Actually when I first got the idea of marrying a second wife it was thinking it would be a widow or a divorcee that's like 8 years older then me because like they have a extremely hard time finding a new husband and end up really poor but either way it's not gonna happen I'm never gonna be that rich unless allah wills so I'm gonna stick to one plus it's illegal in America to marry for then one and it's allot of work like think about it I'd have to like take turns and all that stuff and I'd have to do all of the lovey and favor stuff for both sides which seems extremely tiring I don't know how he prophet (saw) would be able to have 11 wives I feel like it'd be so hard so idk I mean if I can and I feel like I have a allot of time I'd take a second as a widow or divorcee but when I do get married the first time I'm gonna get married to someone who's around as young as me maybe like 7 years older then me idk

Bobbyflay23
05-28-2017, 08:46 PM
I don't agree personally, but lets not argue about it. And im aware polygamy is allowed
I think polygamy should be particularly for the really religious people who arnt using the women as a sexual object and also they actually know how to keep a stable relationship because now a days people want to divorce left and right and then everybody is having bad marriages and all that stuff I particularly think there's no wrong in it if both wives are completely okay with it if they don't care then that just leaves society to care I feel as if back then women didn't care about polygamy but then society intruduced the idea about how it's cheating and all that stuff yet as hamza said it's hypocritical fit just depends if both wives are okay with it and the man knows how to keep a stable relationship has the time and money and has his deen with allah why not I mean sure if the mans going out marrying the women behind her back in another country that's not okay or he says I will divorce you if you don't let me then that's not okay but like if both wives are cool with it it's perfectly fine also the whole polygamy thing i just realized it's technically not illegal because you can just get married through the state to one and then the other you can only get married through Islamic law so I mean it's fine

Bobbyflay23
05-28-2017, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah

The area of polygamy can be a very sensitive topic for many women. But this is because women look at this topic with an emotional rather than rational hat on. Almighty Allah has allowed men upto 4 wives for a reason because he knows best. Even though it may go against our own desires. Many women link it to men wanting more sexual gratification but there are many rational reasons for it.

So as long as certain conditions for polygamy are met then we do not have the right to reject or frown upon that which is permissable or say it is "not relevant in todays society". If certain people are abusing polygamy then they will have to answer for it but we should not paint everyone with the same brush because of the actions of a few and therefore we should not hate or dislike that which Allah has permitted.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that my comment has some parts that are close to yours I had not read it before I posted mine Ima edit the stuff out in my comment that align with yours since it's allready been said

sister herb
05-28-2017, 08:58 PM
We should also remember in this kind of matter not to blame men too much (if they finally marry only young virgins and forget widows). We have to remember that there might be strong social pressure from their relatives and the community they live, which prevent them to marry a widow (even if they would like to).

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
I think polygamy should be particularly for the really religious people who arnt using the women as a sexual object and also they actually know how to keep a stable relationship because now a days people want to divorce left and right and then everybody is having bad marriages and all that stuff I particularly think there's no wrong in it if both wives are completely okay with it if they don't care then that just leaves society to care I feel as if back then women didn't care about polygamy but then society intruduced the idea about how it's cheating and all that stuff yet as hamza said it's hypocritical fit just depends if both wives are okay with it and the man knows how to keep a stable relationship has the time and money and has his deen with allah why not I mean sure if the mans going out marrying the women behind her back in another country that's not okay or he says I will divorce you if you don't let me then that's not okay but like if both wives are cool with it it's perfectly fine also the whole polygamy thing i just realized it's technically not illegal because you can just get married through the state to one and then the other you can only get married through Islamic law so I mean it's fine
yes,i agree, and if they are both good practising muslims

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 09:17 PM
You just reminded me of a video where two twins where born in the same body or somthing and they where intimate with the same guy it's at around 40 minutes in the video https://youtu.be/K57IcN9DWXo
Wow, that's such a strange thing! Subhanallah

cinnamonrolls1
05-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Actually when I first got the idea of marrying a second wife it was thinking it would be a widow or a divorcee that's like 8 years older then me because like they have a extremely hard time finding a new husband and end up really poor but either way it's not gonna happen I'm never gonna be that rich unless allah wills so I'm gonna stick to one plus it's illegal in America to marry for then one and it's allot of work like think about it I'd have to like take turns and all that stuff and I'd have to do all of the lovey and favor stuff for both sides which seems extremely tiring I don't know how he prophet (saw) would be able to have 11 wives I feel like it'd be so hard so idk I mean if I can and I feel like I have a allot of time I'd take a second as a widow or divorcee but when I do get married the first time I'm gonna get married to someone who's around as young as me maybe like 7 years older then me idk
See thats okay. Your helping someone by getting married to them and its not for a totally superficial reason. That i can respect,if only more men who wanted second wives thought like you bro.

Scimitar
05-28-2017, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Yaqzan
Explain
It is forbidden to marry two sisters at the same time - it's in Qur'an.

You can ask Allah on the day of judgement to explain !!!

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
05-28-2017, 09:54 PM
See thats okay. Your helping someone by getting married to them and its not for a totally superficial reason. That i can respect,if only more men who wanted second wives thought like you bro.
Well I mean my first wife is probably not going to be someone who's 14 years older then me or anything it's just if I get a second wife I'd be willing to follow the sunnah as for the first I don't care if she's a divorcee or widow if she's okay looking and is 6-7 years older then me max I'm fine with it but for like the second I'm allot more open and willing to follow the sunnah tbh realizing it polygamy isn't the only way to help people like that (divorcees and widows) it's just the best way to help people like that idk my point is I'm still close to other brothers with there thoughts on the 1st marriage but as for the second I'd be willing to do polygamy for like the real and original reason

Ibn Yaqzan
05-29-2017, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
It is forbidden to marry two sisters at the same time - it's in Qur'an.

You can ask Allah on the day of judgement to explain !!!

Scimi
Bro, I asked about the polygamy, not marrying two sisters at the same time. I know its my bad that I only used one word. [emoji851]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.