/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you can't read The Quran in arabic, scan through it with your index finger

whosebob
01-16-2017, 09:12 PM
If you can't read The Quran in arabic, scan through it with your index finger. This advice was given to me by a very good friend of mine mashallah. I had just decided to turn over a new leave and I could hardly remember how to read in Arabic anymore since I had forgotten much of what I was taught in Madressa. It gave me the incentive to learn again and before I knew it was reading Quran again mashallah. The lesson to be learnt is that everyone starts out somewhere. It's the intention that counts inshallah.

If you advanced then listen to a Qaree. Follow his words while reading the same verses inshallah. You will quickly pick up tajweed (pulling sound on certain letters in arabic in the Quran) inshallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bosanac
01-17-2017, 08:14 AM
What about us who don't even know a single letter of Arabic? How will this help us? :/

whosebob
01-17-2017, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ReckonerH
What about us who don't even know a single letter of Arabic? How will this help us? :/
Allah will give you the same reward if you scan through the Quran with your index finger inshallah. Maybe Allah will give you evens more reward because you put in effort and want to so badly read the Quran inshallah. My advice, first read the Quran in your own language then scan through it with your index finger. This way you will understand what you are doing or better yet listen to the verse in Arabic after you have read it in English inshallah.

whosebob
01-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Just touching the Quran is a blessing Alhamdullilah. That's why I say scanning through the Quran with your index finger has reward inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
01-17-2017, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ReckonerH
it's something you can implement once you can follow along with a recitor. For now, I would focus on learning the alphabet.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.