PDA

View Full Version : I joined two Gulenist Islamic study groups.....



Mustafa16
01-17-2017, 12:29 PM
I joined two new Islamic study groups, one in Turkish, one in english.....i went to one of the Turkish sessions, it was enriching and fun......
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AmatulWudud
03-31-2017, 04:33 PM
What is gulenists?
Reply

Simple_Person
03-31-2017, 05:14 PM
Like i already have said. It is a glass of water (Knowledge), but with a drop of oil (nationalism). 1 drop of oil ruins i am not sure how many liters of water.
Reply

AmatulWudud
03-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Stay away from gulenists people!There are all sorts of people with bad agenda & teach wrong approach to Deen!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
anatolian
03-31-2017, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Like i already have said. It is a glass of water (Knowledge), but with a drop of oil (nationalism). 1 drop of oil ruins i am not sure how many liters of water.
Just for your information, I am not sure whether you can find a Turk without Turkish nationalism. Secular ones have secular nationalism and religious ones have Islamic nationalism. It has even it's own terminology as Turko-Islamist nationalism, Turko-Islamist ideals etc. If you are religious you are automatically regarded a Turko-Islamist, an Ottomanist etc..They see themselves as the second protectors of Islam after Arabs.
Reply

azc
03-31-2017, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I joined two new Islamic study groups, one in Turkish, one in english.....i went to one of the Turkish sessions, it was enriching and fun......
why have you joined gulenist group for study.?
Reply

Scimitar
03-31-2017, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Like i already have said. It is a glass of water (Knowledge), but with a drop of oil (nationalism). 1 drop of oil ruins i am not sure how many liters of water.
none, oil and water don't mix.

A drop of poison though, now that would be a better analogy.

Scimi
Reply

sister herb
03-31-2017, 06:38 PM
Before we go again to the middle of Ottomans and gulenists and that stuff, I´d like to ask what br Mustafa16 learnt from those groups he joined about 2 and half month ago. Were they beneficial?
Reply

Simple_Person
03-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by anatolian
Just for your information, I am not sure whether you can find a Turk without Turkish nationalism. Secular ones have secular nationalism and religious ones have Islamic nationalism. It has even it's own terminology as Turko-Islamist nationalism, Turko-Islamist ideals etc. If you are religious you are automatically regarded a Turko-Islamist, an Ottomanist etc..They see themselves as the second protectors of Islam after Arabs.
Glad you were honestly bringing this out. That must be why i have found so little people in my entire life who were Turks, but felt nothing for Turkish nationalism. As i have said earlier in a post that till now i have known about only 3 Turks.

Logically speaking it is kind of strange that they see themselves as protectors of Islam, while their nationalistic ideal is rather killing what Islam stands for. True Islam in these days needs no protector as it has become tainted with dirt so to say. Arabs talk Islam, but all you see is this nationalistic ideology behind it, which is rather dividing Muslims, just the same with Turks. Right now i have the feeling that Allah just like the time with Musa(as) is using corrupt people to put them as shield around Islam. Turkey is a whole is nationalism, so the talk of Turks is used, while the Arabs and their pride of Islam is used and Pakistan and the A-bomb is used. So as a whole every people who say they are Muslims are one way or the other corrupt but give something that Islam stands for, although they might even show hypocrisy. Kurds for example many are nationalistic, bad towards themselves, but have a big heart towards non-Kurds. Turkey so far, speak about the hypocrisy in the west and in defend of Islam, although they themselves are showing hypocrisy towards minorities and showing nationalism. Arabs with money fund many masjids in the west and other Islamic projects in trying to spread Islam, all though they themselves follow also nationalistic behavior and chase dunya. This i also believe with other people also. For example Iran, openly and actively speaking out against the Zionists, although they themselves show oppression and corruption themselves.

So Islamic tendencies a bit here and a bit there and thus not really being able to exterminate Islam as a whole.
Reply

anatolian
03-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Glad you were honestly bringing this out. That must be why i have found so little people in my entire life who were Turks, but felt nothing for Turkish nationalism. As i have said earlier in a post that till now i have known about only 3 Turks.

Logically speaking it is kind of strange that they see themselves as protectors of Islam, while their nationalistic ideal is rather killing what Islam stands for. True Islam in these days needs no protector as it has become tainted with dirt so to say. Arabs talk Islam, but all you see is this nationalistic ideology behind it, which is rather dividing Muslims, just the same with Turks. Right now i have the feeling that Allah just like the time with Musa(as) is using corrupt people to put them as shield around Islam. Turkey is a whole is nationalism, so the talk of Turks is used, while the Arabs and their pride of Islam is used and Pakistan and the A-bomb is used. So as a whole every people who say they are Muslims are one way or the other corrupt but give something that Islam stands for, although they might even show hypocrisy. Kurds for example many are nationalistic, bad towards themselves, but have a big heart towards non-Kurds. Turkey so far, speak about the hypocrisy in the west and in defend of Islam, although they themselves are showing hypocrisy towards minorities and showing nationalism. Arabs with money fund many masjids in the west and other Islamic projects in trying to spread Islam, all though they themselves follow also nationalistic behavior and chase dunya. This i also believe with other people also. For example Iran, openly and actively speaking out against the Zionists, although they themselves show oppression and corruption themselves.

So Islamic tendencies a bit here and a bit there and thus not really being able to exterminate Islam as a whole.
I myself is a nationalist too. However, my understanding of nationalism is different from others and ofcourse from the western style..You love yourself most and then your family members and then relatives and neighbours. This is not anormal and just like that it is not anormal you love your people more than others. I love my nation and want best for it which is the perfect awareness of Islam. However, this doesn't require me to dislike or want less what I want for my nation for other nations. Every Muslim can have this type of nationalism I believe. When a sahaba asked about it, the Prophet aleyhissalam said there is no harm with loving your tribe/nation until you justify their wrong deeds.

And I too think Turks as a nation, from east to west, had the mission of being protectors of Islam once upon a time. Today there is no such a thing though.
Reply

Simple_Person
03-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by anatolian
I myself is a nationalist too. However, my understanding of nationalism is different from others and ofcourse from the western style..You love yourself most and then your family members and then relatives and neighbours. This is not anormal and just like that it is not anormal you love your people more than others. I love my nation and want best for it which is the perfect awareness of Islam. However, this doesn't require me to dislike or want less what I want for my nation for other nations. Every Muslim can have this type of nationalism I believe. When a sahaba asked about it, the Prophet aleyhissalam said there is no harm with loving your tribe/nation until you justify their wrong deeds.

And I too think Turks as a nation, from east to west, had the mission of being protectors of Islam once upon a time. Today there is no such a thing though.
This is what you go astray from logic according to my understanding. Let me explain it. When i read your comment, i immediately thought about prophet Nuh (as). His dua to Allah was to safeguard his family, however his son died when the flood came. Later on we came to know that family is the ones who believes and not the one who disbelieves. If we further examine Qur'an and seerah of Rasullah(saws) and everything. We again come to know that it is Muslims as family having priority above your own family in extreme cases. If those family members by blood are not Muslims and are willing to oppress you or even kill you, then your duty to them also ends (Ibrahim (as)) or look at the Muslims in Mecca when they migrated to Medina. So loving your nation as a people, not a country. This country you yourself are aware of that is MADE to divide your REAL family. We are born as a people and in to a Muslim family or not in a Muslim family. This born in to, as for example me as a Kurd. I am grateful to Allah that He has made me a Kurd. I have had many blessings to be a Kurd and be the ones that have no country to know what is oppression. To also be able to not be blinded by nationalism. Although i have tasted this nationalism in the past, but i have come to understand that this nationalism and being proud of this man-made flag..is all just rubbish. All these things will NOT help me when i die.

Do i love my fellow Kurds? Well within Kurds we also have different religions and i have also come to know about the hatred many bare towards Muslim Kurds. So i love my fellow PRACTICING Muslim Kurdish brothers, but for me is the practicing Muslim above my own non-practicing Kurdish brother. When things might happen, the REAL practicing in the sense of non-nationalistic Muslim brother for sure will have my back no matter what happens as we both want to please Allah no matter if they are Kurds, Turks, Arabs or Persians. So if we talk about Turks for example, i see them less as brothers although they might pray day in and day out, because i am not sure if they might have my back. Why? Because they still have this nationalistic tendency, just the same as the Kurdish Muslim nationalist. A nationalist despite being Muslim, would rather give up their own religion in defend of their national identity. A true Muslim (Turk, Arab, Kurd, Persian etc.) would without hesitation give up his national identity. His deen comes on #1. The person who has this, will i believe already have no nationalism in his heart. As only 1 thing can be on #1. It is either Islam or nationalism. If it is Islam, then although you say you are a nationalist, that is rather untrue, because without hesitation you would give up your national identity.

So the question is if let's say Mahdi would come tomorrow and he would attack the Turks and wipe them out because they are trying to kill him, would you join Mahdi in this fight? In my case if let's say Mahdi would come and wipe out the Kurds because they are trying to fight him, i don't hesitate to join him. I would directly would join him.

So now to you what would you do? Join him or stick with the Turks to fight the Mahdi? You can lie to me, but to Allah you cannot, so think very carefully. This question is also a fitna for you. Also if you don't reply to this question, Allah already knows what you harbor in your heart. So this is rather a question to ponder and be aware what is trying to hide in your heart.
Reply

Mustafa16
03-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Before we go again to the middle of Ottomans and gulenists and that stuff, I´d like to ask what br Mustafa16 learnt from those groups he joined about 2 and half month ago. Were they beneficial?
i actually never went except once....i liked it, but i was too lazy and shy to go again....but we read from risale i nur, which was written by said nursi....
here is a good video on him, i actually respect him much, much more than fethullah gulen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hH-7r639Qo

his teachings inspired the teachings of gulen
Reply

Simple_Person
04-01-2017, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mustafa16
i actually never went except once....i liked it, but i was too lazy and shy to go again....but we read from risale i nur, which was written by said nursi....
here is a good video on him, i actually respect him much, much more than fethullah gulen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hH-7r639Qo

his teachings inspired the teachings of gulen
But with the drop of oil added to it ;).
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 01:38 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 02:10 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 02:31 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 09:55 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!