/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to learn about Islam like this?

Mustafa16
01-17-2017, 04:24 PM
is it possible to learn enough about Islam only online (On YouTube and Islamic websites) and on this forum?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
01-17-2017, 04:31 PM
It is possible but only to an extent. Unless you have a personal contact you can talk to online , you are limited just as you would be offline.

Zeal
01-17-2017, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
is it possible to learn enough about Islam only online (On YouTube and Islamic websites) and on this forum?
There is Islamic Online University

azc
01-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Don't forget to sit with pious scholars

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
01-17-2017, 05:12 PM
If you study Islam online and this forum, you have much more information than I had when I started to learn Islam. Much more I hadnĀ“t than only the Quran. No teachers, no courses, no other books, no other Muslims, no internet, not even pious scholars. I think many have had to start with kind of situation.

Comparing that, you have a lot. But be carefull at online - the internet is a jungle.

Serinity
01-17-2017, 08:43 PM
:salam:
@sisterherb , I think that is a good description of the Internet - it is a Jungle. There are times when you will, if Allah wills, feel confused, lost and sad. But remember - with Allah on your side, nothing can go wrong. Even if you feel like it - as long as you hold tight on to the rope of Allah.

Remember to always have your "filter" on, and keep asking questions! If there is something you don't understand - seek Allah's help and ask questions! you will meet lots of people - Good and bad, pious and righteous, as well as wicked and astray.

Don't be too burdened by the choices of other people. Much like Real Life.

Astaghfirgullah if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

Allahu alam.
Allahu alam.

talibilm
01-17-2017, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:
@sisterherb , I think that is a good description of the Internet - it is a Jungle. There are times when you will, if Allah wills, feel confused, lost and sad. But remember - with Allah on your side, nothing can go wrong. Even if you feel like it - as long as you hold tight on to the rope of Allah.

Remember to always have your "filter" on, and keep asking questions! If there is something you don't understand - seek Allah's help and ask questions! you will meet lots of people - Good and bad, pious and righteous, as well as wicked and astray.

Don't be too burdened by the choices of other people. Much like Real Life.

Astaghfirgullah if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

Allahu alam.
Allahu alam.
:sl: Bro Serenity & Sister herb has used the right words ''its a jungle '' and a little carelessness can end us in trouble . But you have 10,000's of hadith at your finger tips and also different opinions to see about various matters. So take which does not make your heart uneasy (hadith)

an example of it and getting mislead is from this post # 25 when a two so called knowledgeable in Ummah have (I guess) copied from website but have not well enquired about the correctness of this info

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-a-Muslim-quot

So any info use your intellect and check it (even if it comes from a so called knowledgeable person.)
( how true it is by comparing it with the Noble Quran , hadiths and shahabas though its tough but Allah is with you to help you when you strive for it.even if it comes from a so called knowledgeable person.

Sabeel Shah
02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
aoa yes it is possible to learn islam like this y not . it is okay .

S.Ali786
02-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Yes this is fine but only look for knowledge from reliable and trusted sources.

greenhill
02-22-2017, 10:44 AM
If we really want to learn, we will learn from anywhere. Sometimes gems are found in the most unlikely of places.

Allah says to seek knowledge. The thing which we must also remember is that Allah also asks us to ponder, consider, reflect etc. which means that whatever information we find MUST be properly weighed and studied.

I have posted (sometime back) about my experience in the changing of belief, not about faith, as I have always been a muslim but in respect of how the dunya misleads the umma. An extreme way of putting it would be what we can see is an illusion and the real purpose of life is totally unseen or hidden, hence why many people are lost. I had a tough time going through the breaking of my life's beliefs and building in its place the spiritual belief - as in in surrendering to the Will of Allah. I still grapple. That journey started just before the turn of the century.... that long ago.

It is a hard process and it takes a lifetime of study...

:peace:

Samiun
02-22-2017, 11:38 AM
:sl: nah don't just study online, learn from our Ustadhs there are certain manners when learning that makes the whole learning experience great. Although I am guilty of this as well in the past and still struggling to find a teacher ever since. It's a good and proper introduction(if you were watching the proper channels) but otherwise it will make you even more confused in the end and make many mistakes among of which I did. As an example, I used to be very wary of weak hadeeths, and look down upon people who use them because Saheeh is the 'best'. Well what I found out later was, yes you can use weak hadeeths, our Scholars used it because it was for the benefit of the people. Now imagine I made this one mistake because of not having a teacher, how many more mistakes do you think I did in the past? I'd even go further and say to stay away from all these fatwa websites online, it's good to read but don't take it as credible. Ask the people knowledgeable people your community they know better of such situations, although again I have to point this out I struggle with this as well and have been very difficult.

Well Dunya is a struggle anyway, it's good that you are interested in Islam! Let's fight all the way...

talibilm
02-22-2017, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
:sl:

First the Noble Quran and tafsirs

Hadiths

and next other sources

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.