/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The demise of Hazrat Ml. Abdul Hafeez Makki (RA) in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Islaahi Advices
01-17-2017, 06:49 PM
(Below is an extract from a lecture delivered yesterday by Hazrat Maulana Dawood Seedat (DB). The full audio recording will be uploaded soon on taqwa.co inshaAllah)

One day we were travelling and at Cape Town airport we saw Hazrat Maulana Abdul Hafeez Makki رحمة الله عليه. He was surrounded by young people who were embracing him as He departed. This was the character of Hazrat, even young people loved him and learnt from him despite his old age. Hazrat made a lot of deeni effort in different countries. Even in Makkah and Madina where tassawuf is not common, Hazrat had a khanqah established there. He spent his life like this, so Allah took him away while he was doing what he loved doing (i.e. dawah).

He had a programme scheduled for today and tomorrow here in Pietermaritzburg. Before he left home, he already had chest pains but he still undertook the journey. Once he reached Pietermaritzburg, he had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital. The last message we received was that he was stable, but after ‘Asr I went home and received the message that he passed away.

And that is it. At the end of the day it all boils down to that. How we live is how we will depart. The car we drove, the food we ate, our worldly accomplishments e.t.c will not matter once we breathe our last. A maulana who had a very close relationship with Hazrat invited me to have supper with them all this evening. Maulana was telling me that Hazrat will be having supper with us so please come. We planned here whilst Allah had already planned there.
Such is life, we plan but the reality is our lives are subjected to the ultimate plan of Allah. People will pass away and lamenting is natural, but our main goal should be to benefit as much as we can whilst our ulama are alive. After their death you can benefit by reading books, but we cannot derive islaahi benefit. This is the system of Allah whether we understand it or not.

There are some people, rijalullah, Allah has blessed them with a connection to Allah. If we want to connect with Allah we have to connect with them. Those who do this can benefit tremendously but those who do not bother about their islaahi talluq with their Shaikh, failing to correspond on serious matter like missing faraaidh, they will not benefit much from islaahi talluq. We must benefit from our mashaaikh whilst they are alive. Then choose one Shaikh for islaah/spiritual reformation and take your Islaah seriously.

Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel رحمة الله عليه once mentioned an incident of a Shaikh who had passed away but had no khulafa. The mureeds became concerned, they did not know who to turn to now for Islaah. The Shaikh had a son so the mureeds, who were villagers, took bayat to him. The son did not know much about tassawuf as he did not take an interest in his father’s work, so he informed them of this. However the mureeds were adamant and requested bayat. They asked him what dhikr to make but the poor son had no idea so instead, he instructed them to get a spade, go to a field and dig the soil.

They took his instruction seriously and with sincerity, they carried it out. He began worrying and with sincerity, he turned to Allah and said that ya Allah! Do something, help us! Allah saw the sincerity of the mureeds and the sincere concern of the son, so Allah blessed each one of them in the khanqah with wilayat. They were just tilling the soil in the field yet Allah blessed them. We must question ourselves, in our talluq with our Shaikh, how much sincerity and talab (i.e. desire) do we have?

Make ittilaa’ (i.e. explain you spiritual weaknesses to your Shaikh for reformation) and itiaaat (i.e. follow your Shaikh’s advice after making ittilaa’) and Allah will give you spiritual benefit in your islaahi talluq. Otherwise if we maintain a mediocre attitude towards our islaah we will only get mediocre benefit.
May Allah enable us to benefit from our ulama whilst they are alive, and He grant us tawfiq to take our spiritual reformation seriously, Aameen.

— Hazrat Maulana Dawood Seedat حفظه الله
http://www.islaahiadvices.com/?p=1599

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-18-2017, 04:14 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.