/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Madinah

Nasrrein wajid
01-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Aslmwlkm everyone,

I will be moving to Madinah in 2 months with my husband and 5 year old daughter. I am not finding any information on internet about schools and after school activities and also about house help. If you are living there with your family can you help me with some information. Thankyou.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Can't help you there I'm afraid but cannot fail to notice that this is your first post. So, Welcome to the forum!

How I wish I could be going there to live! Lucky you!!!

Good luck and make the most of it. Wishing you a great stay there and here on IB too!

:peace:

aaj
01-19-2017, 05:18 PM
:wasalam:

I don't know if anyone can help you out here since most are western based. an alternative option is to check yahoo groups and facebook for expats in saudi and madinah. you could also reach out to any institution you know of there and ask them if they have any information or expats who would be interested in connecting with you (or your hubby) to help.

A quick google search also shows some info worth checking out inshallah:

https://www.internations.org/medina-expats
https://community.justlanded.com/en/...Arabia_Madinah
http://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/help-need-info-regarding-madinah-ksa-771903/

inshallah all the best to you and your family! :)

AabiruSabeel
01-19-2017, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasrrein wajid
Aslmwlkm everyone,

I will be moving to Madinah in 2 months with my husband and 5 year old daughter. I am not finding any information on internet about schools and after school activities and also about house help. If you are living there with your family can you help me with some information. Thankyou.
:wasalam:

:ma:, that is nice to know. Madinah Munawwarah is the place where you feel you are at peace.

Narrated Anas :ra:, the Prophet :saws: said, "O Allah! Bestow on Medina twice the blessings You bestowed on Mecca." [Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Huraira :ra:, Allah's Messenger :saws: said, "There are angels guarding the entrances (or roads) of Medina, neither plague nor Ad-Dajjal will be able to enter it." [Bukhari]

Narrated Sufyan b. Abu Zuhair :ra:, I heard Allah's Messenger :saws: saying,
"Yemen will be conquered and some people will migrate (from Medina) and will urge their families, and those who will obey them to migrate (to Yemen) although Medina will be better for them; if they but knew.
Sham will also be conquered and some people will migrate (from Medina) and will urge their families and those who will obey them, to migrate (to Sham) although Medina will be better for them; if they but knew.
'Iraq will be conquered and some people will migrate (from Medina) and will urge their families and those who will obey them to migrate (to 'Iraq) although Medina will be better for them; if they but knew.
" [Bukhari]

As the for information that you need, I think post summarizes it very accurately: http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl.../#post10293724

Private schools are somewhat limited in Madinah. In fact it's one of the reasons why some Expats leave. Try searching http://www.edarabia.com/schools/madina/. Minarat School follow a British curriculum.

Cost of living: a good quality 3 bedroom apartment with 2 sitting rooms would be SR30k - SR35k per year. Depends on the area of course. That's your major expense. Shopping and eating out depends on your life style but generally it's little bit cheaper than the UK. It all depends on what you buy and where you go. McDonalds, Pizza Hut price is similar to UK - whilst a local sandwich shop is cheap. Pepsi is 25p. Bottle of water (330ml) is 16p. 6 bread rolls - 16p. A bottle of 2 liter milk - £1.16. Go to www.panda.com.sa to see grocery prices.

Petrol is only 7.5p or 10p per liter depending on what octane your car takes. Either way, you don't worry about filling up your car!

Medical must, by law, be provided by the employer.

Madinah is a much smaller city than Jeddah or Riyadh so accordingly the options for everything are less. That said, over the last 5 years 3 major malls have opened with good facilities (shops, restaurants, kids fun zone).

The atmosphere in Madinah is quite relaxed and it's easy to get about with a decent set of rings roads and continuous infrastructure development. The new railway station is under construction and the airport is only 15 mins away from the town center.
You can easily search for schools by using Google maps. Please see the following link, you will find a few schools there.
https://www.google.com.sa/maps/searc...!3m1!4b1?hl=en

There are a lot of expats living there and I am sure, once you reach there, you can easily make several friends :ia:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
01-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah, that's wonderful. I can't help you much on the practical side, altho I do have an uncle who spent thirty years in Medina, he loved it, his descriptions so make me want to go there.

I overwhelmingly heard that it is a city of such peace and tranquility - that you can still feel that this was the city which opened its doors to the Prophet :saws: and the early Muslim community, and almost sense how close Medina was to his heart, subhanAllah. He even chose to remain in Medina rather than move back to Mecca when he could.

We all know the significance this city has in our religion....and it's just wonderful to think that through those streets walked the Prophet :saws:, and his Companions, and so many scholars.

Hope you have a wonderful time there, oh and welcome to this forum!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.