/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photographs

noraina
01-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Have you ever experienced someone taking your photograph or filming you on their phone when you're out in public. I know it's not illegal but I find it vaguely uncomfortable.

Just the other day I was standing by library, waiting for my dad to pick me up, when I notice this random guy holding up his smartphone in my direction. I did turn my face away but he did snap a picture anyway.

I'm assuming he was a tourist or something who found that Muslim girl in the black jilbab next to an ancient library an interesting subject lol. Altho it is slightly concerning, not to mention the audacity of someone to just take your picture like that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Waalaikumsalam, young sister.

I never got experience like that. But I understand if you feel uncomfortable when a stranger take your picture without your consent.

I myself now have new hobby, taking photograph. I take picture of anything that look beautiful or unique. But actually I want to make photo compilation with title "People". It's about ordinary people in daily activities, such as street vendor, parking attendant, pedicab driver, etc. I want to tell stories about the life through my photos.

Is not difficult to find the right moment to be pictured by photo. But to be honest, everytime I would take picture I always felt hesitate. I was afraid the object (people) would feel annoyed if they knew I took their picture. Few times I tried to take picture secretly. But beside the photos are not good since these taken from bad angle, I also feel I have done something inappropriate. That's why these photos still haven't published in web.

Yeah, I could feel uncomfortable if I found a photo that taken by stranger which I become the main object without my consent. Although I do not mind if I just accidentally framed, or if I was in 'performance' like when I was in sport competition or in public speaking.

noraina
01-22-2017, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Waalaikumsalam, young sister.

I never got experience like that. But I understand if you feel uncomfortable when a stranger take your picture without your consent.

I myself now have new hobby, taking photograph. I take picture of anything that look beautiful or unique. But actually I want to make photo compilation with title "People". It's about ordinary people in daily activities, such as street vendor, parking attendant, pedicab driver, etc. I want to tell stories about the life through my photos.

Is not difficult to find the right moment to be pictured by photo. But to be honest, everytime I would take picture I always felt hesitate. I was afraid the object (people) would feel annoyed if they knew I took their picture. Few times I tried to take picture secretly. But beside the photos are not good since these taken from bad angle, I also feel I have done something inappropriate. That's why these photos still haven't published in web.

Yeah, I could feel uncomfortable if I found a photo that taken by stranger which I become the main object without my consent. Although I do not mind if I just accidentally framed, or if I was in 'performance' like when I was in sport competition or in public speaking.
I quite like photography too, altho these days I prefer to take photos of old ruins or quiet abandoned gardens or fields, where people don't usually go lol.

I just found it uncomfortable as it seemed I was captured right in that shot (there wasn't anyone else around). I wouldn't mind as long as my face isn't caught on camera and I'm not the *only* focus in that photograph.

Altho if I really mind I could just wear niqab, :D.

I'll also be waiting for your photographs to be published one day where I can see them, I'm sure they'd be wonderful inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.