/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you/your family practice mawlid?

Cptn._.Mario
01-20-2017, 12:40 PM

• Assalamu alaikum,

If there was any khair in celebrating the Mawlid, do you think the Prophet ﷺ would have remained silent on this?

And were not the Sahaabah who loved the Prophet ﷺ the most?

Also, there is no report from the Prophet’s own daughter, Faatimah رضي الله عنها. There is no report from `Ali رضي الله عنه. Then are we better than them or do we know better than them?

Abu Dharr رضي الله عنه said:

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم left us (in such a state) that there was not a bird flapping it wings in the air except that he صلى الله عليه وسلم would teach us about it.

He (Abu Dharr) said: the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

❝ THERE IS NOTHING LEFT WHICH WOULD TAKE YOU CLOSER TO THE JANNAH AND DISTANCE YOU FROM THE FIRE, EXCEPT THAT IT HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR TO YOU.”

[al-Tabaraanee in Mu`jam al-Kabeer (1647) and graded as “Saheeh” by Shaikh al-Albaanee in al-Saheehah (1803)]

Al-`Irbaadh bin Saariyah رضي الله عنه said:

The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليع وسلم delivered a moving speech to us which made our eyes flow with tears and made our hearts melt.
    We said: 'O Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليع وسلم! This is a speech of farewell. What did you enjoin upon us?'
    He صلى الله عليع وسلم said:

❝ I AM LEAVING YOU UPON A BRIGHT (PATH) WHOSE NIGHT IS LIKE ITS DAY. NO ONE WILL DEVIATE FROM IT AFTER I AM GONE BUT ONE WHO IS DOOMED. Whoever among you lives will see great conflict. I urge you to adhere to what you know of my Sunnah and the path of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs, and cling stubbornly to it. And you must obey, even if (your leader is) an Abyssinian leader. For the true believer is like a camel with a ring in its nose; wherever it is driven, it complies.”

[Sunan Ibn Maajah (43) and graded as “Saheeh” by Shaikh al-Albaanee and Shaikh Shu`aib al-Arna’oot]

Adding new ibadats to Islam is called bid'at, and it is haram. Then the question turns into Is there an ibadat in Islam for celebrating the birth day of the nabi?. The answer is no. There is no birthday celebration for the nabi in Islam. Nabi's followers had never done any kind of celebration or birthday party for him when he was alive.

Birthday celebration for the nabi is definitely bid'at. Even those who intensely claim that it is not haram accept that it is a bid'at. But they say that it is a good kind of bid'at (bid'at-i hasene). Every bid'at is haram, there is no kind of "good bid'at".

The nabi Muhammad was born in year 571. But, the first mawlid was celebrated in 1232 in Egypt. These celebrations are done mostly by mushriks of the type that are defined in Quran as the ones who are obedient to the pat which they find their fathers on. They defend themselves by saying "These celebrations are being done for centuries. Did all those people do wrong all those years? There were many scholars and omniscient among them. How do you know better than them?".

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمْ تَعَالَوْاْ إِلَى مَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ وَإِلَى الرَّسُولِ قَالُواْ حَسْبُنَا مَا وَجَدْنَا عَلَيْهِ آبَاءنَا أَوَلَوْ كَانَ آبَاؤُهُمْ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ شَيْئًا وَلاَ يَهْتَدُونَ
    And when it is said to them, "Come to what Allah has revealed and to the Messenger," they say, "Sufficient for us is that upon which we found our fathers." Even though their fathers knew nothing, nor were they guided?

Quran - AL-MA'IDAH (THE TABLE SPREAD) [5:104]

The number of people doing something can not be used to prove that that thing is rightful. There is no such celebrations in Islam. They are injected inside Islam many years after the death of the nabi. Christians celebrate birthday of a certain nabi, we Muslims don't have such a sunnah (convention).

12th Rabee Ul Awwal AKA Mawlid AKA Eid-Milad-Un-Nabi AKA Prophets Birthday

attachmentphp?attachmentid5938&ampstc1 -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
01-20-2017, 02:18 PM
:sl:

Some people are more passionate about defending and adhering to Bida3, than they are about defending and adhering to the Sunnah.

noraina
01-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I'm not sure about Arab countries, but Mawlid is celebrated with a lot of passion in the Indian subcontinent. Lights hanging everywhere, gatherings, ect....

Surely the best way to recognise the life of our Prophet :saws: is by following his example in all aspects of our lives, and not just on one day of the year, and living by his Sunnah?

azc
01-20-2017, 03:03 PM
I don't do it though, but if someone does it for the sake of the love of prophet s.a.w without any show off, I keep silent on his act as everyone is accountable for his deeds

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Those who celebrate say this : http://***********/wp/2014/02/24/dubai-fatwa-mawlid/

noraina
01-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Some members of my family also celebrate mawlid, I've never particularly taken part and they know why. There intentions aren't bad, they're doing it out of love for the Prophet :saws:, but they just fail to realise that the Prophet :saws: himself gave us the precise ways in which we can express our love for him, following his example, durood and salawat ect. And there is always that danger of celebrations going too far.

I'm not for the heated debates and bitter arguments which always surround the mawlid time of year - I think it's important to express to those who celebrate why they shouldn't, but there's a way of saying it.

azc
01-20-2017, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Some members of my family also celebrate mawlid, I've never particularly taken part and they know why. There intentions aren't bad, they're doing it out of love for the Prophet :saws:, but they just fail to realise that the Prophet :saws: himself gave us the precise ways in which we can express our love for him, following his example, durood and salawat ect. And there is always that danger of celebrations going too far. I'm not for the heated debates and bitter arguments which always surround the mawlid time of year - I think it's important to express to those who celebrate why they shouldn't, but there's a way of saying it.
agree; and it's my own experience, if you have correct intention and speak with due respect, tell the truth, they are made think over their wrong doings

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.