/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Father = Paradise

hisnameiszzz
01-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

I was listening to a sermon today and heard that if someone disrespects or "hates" their Father, they won't ever into Paradise. He mentioned the concept where Paradise is under the Father's feet and under the Mother's feet is the key or the other way round.

Could someone clarify this a bit more please. What if someone has a genuine reason to "dislike/hate" their Father?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
01-20-2017, 05:34 PM
I assume they mean that you shouldn't ever 'hate' your parents or wish them bad. There are certainly terrible parents - bad people who go on to be bad parents or just those who are unjust and cruel towards their children. However even then you shouldn't hate them or treat them with disrespect.

Of course we must always obey our parents as long as they are being reasonable and are not asking us to disobey Allah swt.

So I suppose you could 'dislike' your father if you had a good reason to, but to hate him or disrespect him is another matter all together. We can look to the examples of the Companions who had parents or family who were not believers, and their conduct with them, for inspiration.

Even if their character and behaviour is less than parent-like, our conduct with them should still be honourable. This kind of thinking should be part of our interaction with everyone, I suppose.

M.I.A.
01-20-2017, 05:43 PM
lol i think my father "hates" me.. its just part of growing up.

i do not have the luxury of forgetting i love them lol.

meh, things are not always what they seem.

..i would hope.

maybe they are exactly how they are. i dont know.

aaj
01-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Was he a desi imam giving the sermon?

The hadith says, jannah lies at your mother's feet. Nothing about the father. He comes in 4th place after your mother (3x). Islam does says to treat both parents with kindness and not badly as much as don't even say an "uff" to them. But no such thing as jannah at your father's feet.

And it's a two way street. Parents like to impose "parent's rights" over their kids but forget that children have islamic rights over their parents as well. Don't expect them to give you yours if you didn't give them theirs. You reap what you sow.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim brother
05-04-2017, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Hi all,

I was listening to a sermon today and heard that if someone disrespects or "hates" their Father, they won't ever into Paradise. He mentioned the concept where Paradise is under the Father's feet and under the Mother's feet is the key or the other way round.

Could someone clarify this a bit more please. What if someone has a genuine reason to "dislike/hate" their Father?
if they have not fulfilled your rights too as commanded by allah taala,it is quite safe to say this does not apply.
quotes like these are abused by toxic parents to justify their abuse

it is quite possible someone has valid shari reasons for avoiding toxic parents
believe me there are even fatwas for that
rare ,but they do exist
some are advised just one phone call per month is enough
if someone psychologically destroys you
can they still be in that category as in o.p..."parent"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.