/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need your thoughts on this article I am writing - (salat)

Muhaba
01-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Need your thoughts, corrections. :JZK: in advance : )

As-salatul maraajul mumineen, a hadith says. Prayer is the maraaj of the momin.

Prayer (Salat) is a conversation / dialogue between Allah and you. A hadith states that Allah has divided the prayer between Himself and His servant, and He responds to what you say in your prayer.

If you’re talking to someone else in your prayer (or having an internal monologue / thoughts) while reciting the words of the prayer simultaneously but not paying any attention to those words, what kind of a conversation is that? How can you expect your prayer to be valid in this situation?

Obviously it’s not valid.

If you stand for prayer with this in mind, that you’re about to engage in a dialogue with Allah, and then pay full attention to every word you recite, then your prayer will be fulfilling, pleasing, and you can expect that it will be accepted too. Otherwise, it will get thrown back at you like a useless rag.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-21-2017, 05:11 PM
https://www.islamicboard.com/compara...ml#post2903199 hope it helps

Scimi

Umimi
01-21-2017, 05:21 PM
Very nice, would put it in to practice in Shaa Allah. I just think you should add hadiths to back it up cause for instance your solat wouldn't necessarily be thrown back at you, you would get the reward for how much you concentrated. And also, the article seems to give a wonderful advise on khushoo, so is it an article on Khushoo in solat or for solat in general. But for me , it is beautiful. May be just make those adjustments. Barakallahu fiikum

Muhaba
01-22-2017, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umimi
Very nice, would put it in to practice in Shaa Allah. I just think you should add hadiths to back it up cause for instance your solat wouldn't necessarily be thrown back at you, you would get the reward for how much you concentrated. And also, the article seems to give a wonderful advise on khushoo, so is it an article on Khushoo in solat or for solat in general. But for me , it is beautiful. May be just make those adjustments. Barakallahu fiikum
JazakAllaho khairan for your thoughts.

Anyone else want to add anything?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummshareef
01-22-2017, 05:50 PM
:sl:

It's a nice article - succinct and makes a great point.

Maybe you could add something to the effect that each salat should be approached as if it were our last (which it may be) before we meet our Creator.

Butterfly
01-27-2017, 02:34 AM
Great article. A definition of Maraaj would be nice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.