/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wronged someone many years before accepting Islam

neru
01-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Assalam aleykom brothers and sisters

I have a huge problem and its tearing me apart.
I accepted Islam in 2015 and in 2016 I suddenly remembered that I wronged a person many years prior to Islam. This person may know or not know that I did this thing to him/her. Telling and asking for forgivness from this person may result in a lot of problems for both me and the person. If I do anything it might result in me going to prison and the person will be emotinally scared for life. I have blown this thing up so big in my head so I'm too scared to do anything and if I was going to do something I dont know what that is going to be. I have so much guilt and fear of the consequences. I dont want this person to take my good deeds or me receiving this persons bad deeds on Judgement day. What do I do???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
01-21-2017, 11:59 PM
"When Allah instilled the love for Islam in my heart, I went to Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and said, 'Extend your right hand, so that I pledge allegiance to you.' He (ﷺ) stretched out his right hand, but I withdrew my hand. He said, 'What is the matter, 'Amr?' I said, 'I wish to lay down same conditions.' He asked, 'What conditions do you wish to put forward?' I replied, 'To be granted forgiveness.' He said, 'Do you not know that (embracing) Islam wipes out all that has gone before it (previous misdeeds)." https://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/2/31

sister herb
01-22-2017, 12:00 AM
Salam alaykum

I am, as many others here, a layman so I might not be able to give you proper answers but as you wrote, this happened before you became Muslim. Remember that when you said shahadah, Allah forgave all your sins, both minor and big ones. I only can advice you to pray that Allah gives peace to your mind and avoid wrongdoing at the future. Better if you could also talk with some scholar about your problem if it´s possible.

I personally would leave this matter to Allah (as you wrote that otherwise it might cause only problems to everyone).

Aaqib
01-22-2017, 12:01 AM
"Obtaining God’s forgiveness is easy

As mentioned before, sincere repentance is able to wipe out a person’s sins, forever and completely. It involves showing genuine remorse, praying for God's mercy and forgiveness, and avoiding that sin in the future. In addition to this, God has also given us other ways in which to wipe the slate clean so that a person may begin again in the eyes of God, as if he or she was a new born baby.
These acts include a nonbeliever embracing Islam, and a person performing an accepted pilgrimage (Hajj) to the House of God in Mecca, Saudi Arabia." http://www.islamreligion.com/article...eness-of-sins/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
01-22-2017, 10:27 AM
To do wrong to someone is the second worst sin in Islam after shirk. You must ask forgiveness from him/her in this world under normal conditions otherwise you will face it on the judgement day even if you run from it in this world. However, you saying that person may not know what you did makes it more complicated. So I would also ask it from several scholars. I am not sure if converting to Islam erases the sins which were commited against people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.