/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove this adware/malware? (idk if it is malware, but it is annoying)

Serinity
01-22-2017, 08:46 AM
:salam:

After having downloaded a Hardware Monitoring software, from a youtube video with millions of subscribers, this adware, which I consider it to be, and you'd too.

How do I remove it? it is very annoying, especially because it was downloaded/installed without my consent.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-22-2017, 09:03 AM
:wasalam:

Try using https://www.malwarebytes.com/

It is good and it removes almost all of these known malware. Sometimes it may also identify one your useful programs as a malware, so always check the list before asking it to remove them.

Serinity
01-22-2017, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:wasalam:

Try using https://www.malwarebytes.com/

It is good and it removes almost all of these known malware. Sometimes it may also identify one your useful programs as a malware, so always check the list before asking it to remove them.
JazakAllah khayr brother. May Allah :swt: bless you.

Before installing it, should I disable Windows Defender, or can these 2 run side by side? Because usually, 2 antiviruses don't run good together (both turned on). If I have to turn Windows Defender off, how do I do that?

AabiruSabeel
01-22-2017, 09:09 AM
I think malwarebytes does not have any conflict with Windows Defender. Disable it only if it asks you to disable during the installation. Otherwise it will just run independently.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
01-22-2017, 09:17 AM
JazakAllah khayr,

In shaa' Allah it will be fixed. Will it help to add that the adware is in the browser? Say I write a sentence, and 1 of the word gets highlighted/coloured, and whenever I hover over it, an ad appears. Can it remove that? At the moment I am using Adblock to block that.

Cptn._.Mario
01-22-2017, 02:40 PM
go to add/remove programs and delete anything you find unwanted/fishy. Also if malwarebytes has not removed the adware, try this program

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
JazakAllah khayr,

In shaa' Allah it will be fixed. Will it help to add that the adware is in the browser? Say I write a sentence, and 1 of the word gets highlighted/coloured, and whenever I hover over it, an ad appears. Can it remove that? At the moment I am using Adblock to block that.

Serinity
01-22-2017, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario
go to add/remove programs and delete anything you find unwanted/fishy. Also if malwarebytes has not removed the adware, try this program

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx
:salam:

Ok, but is it ok to have Malwarebytes and this program on, at the same time.

PS. I pressed the reset button on my PC because the screen went black not responding to any button, afaik. I was loading up a game (CSGO)

I assume that as long as no update was ongoing then, no files has been corrupted.

Either way, I guess these anti virus/malware/adware programs will fix it. in shaa' Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.