/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Maya7
01-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Assalamu aleikom brothers and sisters,

I'm turning to you after Allah (swt), because I'm hopeless.. So can you please make duaa for me or advise me on how I can overcome this hardship.

I feel like nth goes right in my life, whenever I get attached to sth it just goes away and most of what I wished for aren't fulfilled.. I'm wondering why ? Maybe Allah is just teaching me how to be patient ? Or maybe it's just another trial.. But it's been sooo long. For many years now and I'm really exhausted and very desperate. I don't even have the strength to do more ad3ia or nawafil..I barely do my fara2id. I'm 'really' tired :'( I can't imagine how things will get better. I want this to stop, at least just for a while, just a break :(

I know you all people have your own problems and struggles, please tell me what to do.. I've been doing ad3ia, praying all the time, but now I'm stuck. I can't move on.. I don't know what to do.

HELP :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Walakum salaam.

First of all - you must stop feeling sorry for yourself, you can do this by refusing to be the victim of circumstance - instead you will adopt the attitude which sees every objection as an hidden opportunity.

What those opportunities are, are for you to discover.

Allah only helps those who help themselves.

Trust in HIM, and do what you have to do - and be patient. Time is a friend to the patient ones.

Secondly, prioritize your life - most people end up in a rut due to being disorganized and over time, this becomes overwhelming to the point where one gives up hope in their own ability and thinks only prayer will help. That's not the way it works. Allah helps those who help themselves.

Third, you have to know that you owe yourself, some "me" time, as a reward for an hard days working, thinking, doing stuff... even if that treat is a bowl of ice cream with lots of treacle sauce on it - it's your treat, enjoy it and thank Allah for it.

Rinse and repeat this process, and do not neglect your duties to Allah, to your family and to your self.

All else, is secondary.

Scimi

Maya7
01-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Jazakallahu khayran for your reply.

But I know you to know, that I never stopped doing what I have to do. I was making ad3ia just to maximize my chances.

And I don't see myself as a victime ? I just got hopepless as it's been a long trial over many years and still didn't get what I want. My strength and patience is fading away for doing more than fara2id. Al hamdulillah I will never quit my duties towards Allah under any circomstances insha Allah..
And I guess we humans get weak at times..Anyway, Thank you.

greenhill
01-24-2017, 01:03 PM
What makes me feel better is what has been said about Allah washing away (or blotting out) your sins when you bear with trials patiently. . .imagine on the day of reckoning, when a lot of sins already purged out because of the trials we faced with patience...

I have often wondered myself many things, my intentions for really striving for stuff, projects, work dreams etc… why, Allah gives me the way, He gives me the answers to problems and it all fits but very often it never takes off… I can only reason that it is because Allah knows things I don't. Perhaps the success would have been bad for me. Perhaps it would make me arrogant.. (although I don't believe I would be) but still, I too am frustrated.

At the end of the day, it is not this world we are chasing….

All the best to you.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
01-24-2017, 01:07 PM
You're welcome sister,

For the record, I suffered anxiety and depression symptoms many many years ago and came through it, with the help of Allah. I realised that I had to work hard in order to sort my life out, and where I had no control - that is when the help of Allah manifests in life - at the point where one can do no more, because they did all they can and left it to Allah.

It's simple advice, and I don't believe it needs to be more complicated than this.

Allahu alam.

Scimi

Maya7
01-24-2017, 01:39 PM
God bless you :)

Maya7
01-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Thank you. God bless you :)

Scimitar
01-24-2017, 02:16 PM
I'll leave this here: https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ml#post2945983

Have a read in sha Allah, you will find it both, beneficial and insightful.

Scimi

Maya7
01-24-2017, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I'll leave this here: https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ml#post2945983

Have a read in sha Allah, you will find it both, beneficial and insightful.

Scimi
Very kind of you. May Allah reward you :)

aaj
01-24-2017, 02:43 PM
:wasalam:

In addition to what has been said, would like to add a few more things inshallah.

In an ideal world, it would be just you and your duas. Prophet :saws: said to tie your camel first then put your trust on Allah. Meaning do your part first and put the effort in and then leave the rest to Allah, which is what scimi has said.

From your post it seems you have been doing that and still not getting anywhere. I would take bro scimi's advice of not falling into victim mindset and putting extra effort into it. Also, it's hard to get out of a rut, sometimes you have to change your environment and habits to get out of it.

And since we do not live in an ideal world. We have other forces acting against us, such as the shayateen, sihr and hasad of other people in addition to them actively putting obstacles in our way. Reason alone tells us if we are doing everything and still not getting anywhere and for so long then most likely an outside force is acting against us.

Someone maybe envious of you and given you hasad, it could be intentional or unintentional. Someone may have done sihr out of hatred. Often times there are signs one can observe to see the effects of it know it was done. which is why it is important to do morning and evening adkahars and recite duas and surahs of protection against such evil. If that is something you have not done so then it would be good to start implementing those in your life.

In addition to that, two other things can help you a lot. Recite durood ibrahim often, the more the better. For ever one recitation Allah sends 10 blessings on you. Isn't that what you are asking for? Try to recite around 500 daily. Also, recite istagfir a lot.

http://understandquran.com/21645.html
http://www.iqrasense.com/forgiveness...ing-story.html

azc
01-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Very sad to read of you. May Allah swt make your life happy and peaceful. Ameen

Eric H
01-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Maya7;

I think Allah answers prayers in ways that help us towards eternal salvation, rather than solve problems in this life. If you prayed for a new job, that might help you earn money, but how will that help you find eternal salvation? Could the following prayer be a clue as to how Allah answers prayers?

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

In the spirit of never giving up hope in Allah.

Eric

Maya7
01-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Jazakom o llahu kola khayr. I will try to follow your advices, thank you :)

MuslimahRo
01-30-2017, 07:59 AM
Walaikum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. Sister, I have also dealt with similar issues. Alhamdulillah, things are better now than they were for years but I still struggle to get things done and in a timely manner. What helped me a lot was learning and reciting Allah's names from a book I found at a local Islamic center. Dhikr and salat help although it took me years to perform regular/sort of regular salat again. I couldn't for many years due to fatigue and drowsiness issues. Alhamdulillah! Surely relief comes after adversity.

There is still a block in terms of having somebody to love and publishing my multiple books and certain other issues but I put my trust in Allah and I know things will happen when Allah has decreed them to happen. I just have to be patient and persevere.

Try listening to manzil on YouTube. There could be Jinn/Satanic, magic, hasad/envy influences. Also, do a review of yourself and make sure you are doing everything Islamically. Sometimes sins can go unnoticed but cause us obvious and real problems.

Get someone to pray over you and pray over yourself, too. Drink Zamzam water and make a dua for easing of difficulties. Get checked for depression and other health problems. Go to the masjid. Spend time in nature. Take supplements. Join a support group. Talk to an imam. These kind of situations build up over years and they don't go away in a day. The best you can do is try to get through them and find good moments when you feel better even though those don't usually last.

Recite dhikr, including "inna lillahe wa inna illahe rajiun" and "la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.