/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member

Saul Silas Fath
01-24-2017, 11:00 PM
Hello all, my name is Saul Silas Fathi. I am an author and lecturer and have written 3 books on Islam: Islamic Leaders, Glossary of Arabic Terms, Arab-Islamic Groups and Organization. For those who may be interested in finding out more about my work, there is substantial information on my website: www.saulsilasfathi.com

About me:
I was born to a prominent Jewish family in Baghdad, Iraq. At age 10, my younger brother and I were smuggled out of Baghdad through Iran and eventually reached the newly-found State of Israel. I began writing my diary at age 11.

I enrolled in the Israel Air force Academy of Aeronautics, a 4-year program, where I earned my High-School diploma and became certified in Electrical Engineering. In 1958 I worked my way to Brazil where I nearly starved. Through perseverance and luck, I stated my own electrical business and earned a patent for climate-controlled windows, used in the building of the new capital, Brasilia.

In 1960 I came to the United States on a student visa, studying sculpture at the Brooklyn Museum of Art, and American history and public speech at the New School of Social Studies in New York. After 8 months, I volunteered to serve 3 years in the U.S. Army having been promised college education and U.S. citizenship. After basic training in Fort Benning, Georgia, I was sent to helicopter school at Fort Bragg, North Carolina and enrolled at the University Of Virginia. Within a few months I was shipped to South Korea where I served as Chief Electrical Technician with the 1st Cavalry Division, 15th Aviation Company, the famed helicopter division in the Vietnam War.

Back in the U.S. I battled the Immigration department for my citizenship, while studying at the University of Virginia and finally earning my Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. This launched and impressive career as a high-level executive with several Fortune-500 companies. Later, I founded and managed three high-tech companies.

I retired in 2003 and began writing my memoirs “Full Circle: Escape from Baghdad and the return,” and have published 4 other books. Today I live in Long Island, New York with my wife Rachelle. I has 3 American born daughters and 3 grand-children. I am a certified linguist, fluent in English, Hebrew, Arabic and Portuguese.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Shalom Alakom Saul,

Welcome to Islamicboard forum, may your stay here be a pleasant one.

As a Jewish man of seniority, you really are a rare breed on these boards. I have to admit, I have not come across your books before, and am curious as to your fascination with Islam and Muslims. It would be a pleasure you read you elaborate on this, if you have the time,

God bless,

Scimi

azc
01-25-2017, 05:48 AM
Welcome to islamicboard...

Muslim Woman
01-25-2017, 08:13 AM
Hello

Welcome here. Waiting to read many more interesting posts from you. In sha Allah will try to visit your site. Have a nice stay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
01-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.

That is probably the most elaborate intro to self I have read to date on this site. Very interesting life you have had. I hope you got your citizenship after the promise of it if you served.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Saul Silas Fath
01-25-2017, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Shalom Alakom Saul,

Welcome to Islamicboard forum, may your stay here be a pleasant one.

As a Jewish man of seniority, you really are a rare breed on these boards. I have to admit, I have not come across your books before, and am curious as to your fascination with Islam and Muslims. It would be a pleasure you read you elaborate on this, if you have the time,

God bless,

Scimi
Dear Scimi: I am so grateful for your response to my postings.

I have been fascinated by all religions and have devoted close to 20
years of my life to learning them. I find Islam both intriguing and
fascinating, with a most poetic scripture: The Qur'an. It resulted in
authorship of 3 scholarly books. My lecture #3: History of Islam has
been delivered to many of my 200+ customer/Organizations during
the past 12 years.

Please stay in touch and continue in your efforts to educate and open
minds. This is my mission. MARHABBAH !
Saul

Umm♥Layth
01-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Welcome, from another newbie. :)

Shamnadanu
02-03-2017, 06:19 PM
...Mashallah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.