/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Google Asks

*charisma*
01-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Assalamu ALaikum

I thought it would be a good idea to answer the most googled questions about Islam/Muslims that come up in search engines. Feel free to post and answer what you got from your side of the world!

**You can volunteer to answer any of the unanswered questions in this thread here: https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ng-google.html

Here's what I got when I googled "Do Muslims..."

Edit: These questions have been copied here https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ng-google.html

Do Muslims believe in Jesus?

Yes! As a beloved prophet, not as our lord and savior.

Do Muslims celebrate Thanksgiving?

Some do, but it's not an Islamic holiday and it's not allowed.

Do Muslims celebrate Birthdays?

Some do, but again, not Islamic and not allowed.

Do Muslims celebrate Christmas?

No.

Do Muslims eat pork?

No.

Do Muslims believe in God?

Yes! And we call Him Allah and describe him by his names.

Do Muslims eat beef?

Yes, but it has to be slaughtered in an Islamic method called zabiha, which ensures that the animal is respected, raised properly, and Allah's name is said upon it.

Do Muslims wear turbans?

Some do, but it's more of a cultural custom than an Islamic practice.

Do Muslims celebrate Halloween?

No.

Do Muslims believe in heaven?

Yes! See http://www.islamicboard.com/the-here...ise-islam.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-25-2017, 02:13 PM
:wa:

:jz:, this is a really good idea. For search engine indexing, it is better to post each of these questions as a separate thread and answer them there.

noraina
01-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

This is a really good idea ma'sha'Allah - just changing the wording of the question each time we can figure out what are the most commonly asked questions about Islam.

And as brother AabiruSabeel said it would be good to post each question as a separate thread with the question as that thread's title - it would be found more easily inshaAllah.

Cptn._.Mario
01-26-2017, 09:37 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5946&ampstc1 -

Nice initiative! I don't know how you get so many suggestions but here a few more questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
01-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Jazak allahu khair :D I think it just depends on the question? lol Some questions I didn't get many results either.

I guess what I will do is make this thread the place we post the screen shots, and create a 2nd thread for those who want to volunteer and answer the questions in this thread.

*charisma*
01-26-2017, 12:29 PM

*charisma*
01-26-2017, 01:08 PM

Cptn._.Mario
01-27-2017, 06:55 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5947&ampstc1 -

*charisma*
01-27-2017, 07:43 AM

*charisma*
01-27-2017, 07:44 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.