/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He doesn't want me to defend him when he gets insulted

Aaqib
01-27-2017, 12:32 AM
Should I listen or defend him?

Im a pathetic wimp with no strength at all. But, now he's telling me that he can take care of himself and I don't need to defend him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-27-2017, 01:17 AM
Well, you're courage is is endearing, mashaAllah.

You can defend him better by trying to ensure he doesn't end up in situations where people will offend him in sha Allah.

Prevention is always better than treatment.

Scimi

Aaqib
01-27-2017, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Well, you're courage is is endearing, mashaAllah.

You can defend him better by trying to ensure he doesn't end up in situations where people will offend him in sha Allah.

Prevention is always better than treatment.

Scimi
Oh brother don't think I'm courageous. Before he told me this I used to come up with cowardly ways of defending. After he would be insulted, I would come up to him with advice from behind to tell him without attacking the one who attacked him.

It's because I'm an extremely sensitive person. I don't know why, but I just am.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
01-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Defend who?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
01-27-2017, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Defend who?
A muslim friend

azc
01-28-2017, 06:23 AM
Instead of giving advice to your friend, come forward and stand before the person who insults your friend, if you can or let him face as he wishes.

Aaqib
01-28-2017, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Instead of giving advice to your friend, come forward and stand before the person who insults your friend, if you can or let him face as he wishes.
I genuinely believe it is more harmful for him that I stand up for him if he doesn't want me to. When he requests for me to stand up for him, then I will do my best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.