/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Al Jazeera really just the BBC?

Karl
01-30-2017, 10:15 PM
I have been watching Al Jazeera and it seems to be exactly like the BBC World News. The music and the liberal secularist views and propaganda it has. There is no hint of Islam or Arabic culture, it is totally westernized. Who really owns it now?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
fyi
01-31-2017, 12:17 AM
Al Jazeera is anti Islam.

cooterhein
01-31-2017, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fyi
Al Jazeera has been variously accused, in public, of being anti-West, heavily pro-Sunni and anti-Shia, pro-Muslim Brotherhood and anti-Israel. It has also been asserted by some journalists (including a few of its former employees) that the ruling family of Qatar has a substantial amount of influence on the network, in terms of their interests and in terms of Qatari foreign policy.

Your assertion is new to me, and as far as I'm aware, it's an accusation that hasn't been widely disseminated by anyone of importance up to this point.

fyi
01-31-2017, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
Al Jazeera has been variously accused, in public, of being anti-West, heavily pro-Sunni and anti-Shia, pro-Muslim Brotherhood and anti-Israel. It has also been asserted by some journalists (including a few of its former employees) that the ruling family of Qatar has a substantial amount of influence on the network, in terms of their interests and in terms of Qatari foreign policy.

Your assertion is new to me, and as far as I'm aware, it's an accusation that hasn't been widely disseminated by anyone of importance up to this point.
Accusation? I watch their video's daily just so I can laugh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
01-31-2017, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fyi
Never used to be.

Prior to 911, it was a channel which reflected the Middle Eastern view of the world.

Then, once 911 happened, within a few months Al Jazeera was forcefully closed down.

A year later it was back, but under a new umbrella, and not reflecting the Middle Eastern view of the world, rather, seeking to foment polarised narratives of it instead.

Scimi

muslimahzoya
02-01-2017, 01:10 AM
Sometimes I think it's nearly impossible to find truly unbiased news.

Scimitar
02-01-2017, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahzoya
Sometimes I think it's nearly impossible to find truly unbiased news.
You can talk to people, around the world, and learn to measure the world differently from these accounts in sha Allah.

Scimi

sister herb
02-01-2017, 11:00 PM
You can talk about world news here in IB where members are around the world. Maybe we need IB News Room. ;)

سيف الله
02-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Salaam

Ive noticed changes over the years. The early years it was interesting but now its just another clone of the mainstream liberal media. Think many of the globalists didnt like its independent slant so applied 'pressure' on the Qatari royal family.

We are living in such a diverse world but its remarkable how samey corporate media outlets are.

Karl
02-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. What was the "pressure", Junon? Money or threats of destruction? Maybe they could change their name to Al Jewzeera.

Shamnadanu
02-04-2017, 02:18 AM
Allah ailam...from time to time everything around us change...from our skin,surroundings,nature culture,people...it is very amazing Allah create more and more beautiful creation from time to time...we die...it is very miracle for those who think

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.