/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will get my payback my own way

ceylincemal
01-30-2017, 11:27 PM
ASA

So I lost about $3 in the vending machine at my uni. The vending machine just took my money and did not give me my snacks. I could not even get it returned. I called the uni security, went to the uni technical office, exhausted all measures, and they said unfortunately they will not give me any refunds. Those stupid people.

Tomorrow I will take some snacks worth $3 from the uni cafe. Pray it will go well bismallah.

The vending machine has stuff that are $0.30 cheaper than the uni cafe. So I planned on getting 2 hot chips and 2 dorritos to share with my friends that cost $0.75 each (Total $3). In the uni cafe they cost $1.05 each (total $4.05). So I will be taking 2 hot chips and 2 dorritos from the uni cafe as if I took them from the uni vending machine. My right alhamduliallah.

It is only my right.

This is halal correct. I am not stealing, I am just taking what is mine back.

JAK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha
01-30-2017, 11:33 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

No, that's not right. It's stealing. Is it even worth going to so much trouble for $3? These things happen.

Are you for real?

sister herb
01-30-2017, 11:52 PM
Salam alaykum

Sorry for your troubles but as sis Aisha wrote, it´s not right. University might not be in responsible about the vending machine if there was a technical error. If you want to complain, then you should address it to the company who owns the machine and has placed it to the university, not to the university itself. As well the cafe isn´t in responsible of this lost.

Taking something from the cafe is stealing. I understand that to the student 3$ might be a significant amount but still it´s stealing.

M.I.A.
01-31-2017, 12:27 AM
its not befitting for a lady to steal..

concentrate on your university work and you wont have to worry about $3.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

No, that's not right. It's stealing. Is it even worth going to so much trouble for $3? These things happen.

Are you for real?
Sister, you must be rich. If $3 is meaningless to you.

It is a big deal for me I work very hard for my money I am on my own.

JAK

ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

Sorry for your troubles but as sis Aisha wrote, it´s not right. University might not be in responsible about the vending machine if there was a technical error. If you want to complain, then you should address it to the company who owns the machine and has placed it to the university, not to the university itself. As well the cafe isn´t in responsible of this lost.

Taking something from the cafe is stealing. I understand that to the student 3$ might be a significant amount but still it´s stealing.
JAK

But I called the vending machine company and the uni gave them specific instructions not to refund students. So technically it is my right.

JAK

ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
its not befitting for a lady to steal..

concentrate on your university work and you wont have to worry about $3.
ASA

I am not sure what you said has anything to do with a lady. What does that even mean. I am not sure I am understanding what you are saying. Please explain.

Sounds like you are rich. I work hard for my money JAK.

JAK

fromelsewhere
01-31-2017, 01:34 AM
Salaams,

Proverb: two wrongs don't make a right.

Ponder on this :)

ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fromelsewhere
Salaams,

Proverb: two wrongs don't make a right.

Ponder on this :)
ASA

Is it wrong or no?
Is it haram or no?
I have no time for I will be doing this tomorrow please let me know thanks

JAK

sister herb
01-31-2017, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ceylincemal
JAK

But I called the vending machine company and the uni gave them specific instructions not to refund students. So technically it is my right.

JAK
Who owns the cafe? Is it same company who owns that machine? If not, it´s like if Tom took your money so you take money from Joe. Both Tom and you are wrong as Joe hadn´t nothing to do with the first wrongdoing.

cooterhein
01-31-2017, 09:37 AM
So technically it is my right.
No, actually, it is not your right. You don't have any right to do this, and it would not be right if you did.

That's the sum of it. You keep repeating that it is your right, that you have a right to do this, but you do not.

Don't steal. You have no right to do so.

I can say it again if you like. No, you don't have the right to do this.

Scimitar
01-31-2017, 12:20 PM

JAK
If $3 are making you get in a huff and a puff... I wonder how you'd behave if it was $300.

Scimi

M.I.A.
01-31-2017, 02:00 PM
well this is the joke isnt it?

at points the world makes people believe it is $300.

be wary of becoming hard of heart.

sister herb
01-31-2017, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
If $3 are making you get in a huff and a puff
It´s understandable if 3$ is all you have in your pocket. Then it´s more valuable than 300$ you haven´t.

aaj
01-31-2017, 02:31 PM
JAK

JAK
why don't you go to your student government office and voice your concern there, maybe get a student petition started or something. You students are paying for education and are the customers. If such a company is going to be shady like that then have their vending machines replaced by a company that will be more understanding. Don't go stealing food and getting in trouble for it, rather use the force of your student body and raise the issue with administration, even write an article in the news paper about their practices and shame the company on social media. Stealing is not the way, shaming them on social media will get you much further.

ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Who owns the cafe? Is it same company who owns that machine? If not, it´s like if Tom took your money so you take money from Joe. Both Tom and you are wrong as Joe hadn´t nothing to do with the first wrongdoing.
ASA

yes it's partnered with the uni :(

JAK

ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 03:05 PM
well this is the joke isnt it?

at points the world makes people believe it is $300.

be wary of becoming hard of heart.
Nooooo

I hope to not lose that amount

Please I cant afford evil eye from you now

JAK

ceylincemal
01-31-2017, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
why don't you go to your student government office and voice your concern there, maybe get a student petition started or something. You students are paying for education and are the customers. If such a company is going to be shady like that then have their vending machines replaced by a company that will be more understanding. Don't go stealing food and getting in trouble for it, rather use the force of your student body and raise the issue with administration, even write an article in the news paper about their practices and shame the company on social media. Stealing is not the way, shaming them on social media will get you much further.
ASA

thank you for the advice. you are the only one who replied to me who made sense alhamduliallah

JAK

Scimitar
01-31-2017, 03:07 PM
ASA

Thanks for the 7asanaat

I came for advice not insults

But I guess I got good deeds out of it

JAK
:)

If you feel insutled by my words and not your own thoughts about stealing back the $3, you have massive issues. And no one can help you save Allah.

Scimi

M.I.A.
01-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Nooooo

I hope to not lose that amount

Please I cant afford evil eye from you now

JAK
0_0

what is this! lord of the rings?

no evil eye, im an extremely bad writer.

i sent a staff member across the road to get supplies for the shop. she came back and realised she had dropped money somewhere..

when it came to doing the till at night.. cashing up.. it was down by the same amount.

o_0 i should invest in cameras.

or a strict no money at work policy.

cant hold a grudge i suppose.

cant even tell if im lying.

aaj
01-31-2017, 05:24 PM
ASA

thank you for the advice. you are the only one who replied to me who made sense alhamduliallah

JAK
wa'alaikum as'salaam

alhamdulillah, remember two wrongs don't make a right. You can always find a way to pay back to the others using the system.

Aisha
01-31-2017, 05:32 PM

JAK
The amount is not of importance sister. Whether it's £3 or £3000, it's still stealing and wrong to do so. Surely you can see that?

Aisha
01-31-2017, 06:07 PM
Let's keep it civil here folks. Be respectful of each other even though you may disagree.

M.I.A.
01-31-2017, 09:08 PM
i have to say the amount is not important.

honestly i remember everyone that did me wrong. regardless of amount.

not all fruit is bitter.

it is the only thing that makes me question my religion..

because i am not as they are.

they seem to be better.

...anyway OP got done by a machine so she cant complain :p

ceylincemal
02-01-2017, 12:27 AM
0_0

what is this! lord of the rings?

no evil eye, im an extremely bad writer.

i sent a staff member across the road to get supplies for the shop. she came back and realised she had dropped money somewhere..

when it came to doing the till at night.. cashing up.. it was down by the same amount.

o_0 i should invest in cameras.

or a strict no money at work policy.

cant hold a grudge i suppose.

cant even tell if im lying.
ASA

Thanks for sharing the story

JAK

ceylincemal
02-01-2017, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
wa'alaikum as'salaam

alhamdulillah, remember two wrongs don't make a right. You can always find a way to pay back to the others using the system.
JAK:-)

ceylincemal
02-01-2017, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
The amount is not of importance sister. Whether it's £3 or £3000, it's still stealing and wrong to do so. Surely you can see that?
ASA

Thanks for changing your words. Initially you made it seem as though $3 is not important

JAK

ceylincemal
02-01-2017, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
let's keep it civil here folks. Be respectful of each other even though you may disagree.
ameeeeeeeeeeeen!

Eric H
02-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ceylincemal;

Sadly, if you get caught, you could end up in big trouble. Then you will know how right or wrong it is. Protest legally, even make a poster saying, I was robbed of $3 from this vending machine, and stand by it at break times.

Search for a way to forgive, this is the greater Islamic path.

Sorry to hear about your loss, blessings
Eric

ardianto
02-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Assalamualaikum.

When I experienced unfortunate that made me lose my money or must pay compensation, I always asked myself "What mistake that I've ever made, so Allah warn me?".

Since I was kid I've been taught that in every sustenance that I got, there is which the rights of needy people, and I must give their rights through sadaqah/charity. But, as ordinary human sometime I could be greedy. It made me forgot to give sadaqah, and spent my money only to buy something that I actually didn't need. In situation like this Allah may warn me through make me lose my money. This is what I believe.

Sister, probably what happened to you is a warning from Allah for the mistake you didn't realize. You lost your money when you wanted to buy chips and doritos. It's mean you were not hungry, but just wanted to snacking. But do you know?, there are many people who are really hungry but don't even have money to buy food. Did you ever remember them when you had money?.

I know that $3 mean for you. And if it mean for you, it must be mean for other people too. I am sure, the cafe employee is not rich. But he/she must responsible if some stuffs in the cafe lost through pay the lost stuff to the cafe owner. Do you know it?.

So sister, why you intend to do something that could make you being warned harder by Allah?.

My advice, you can complain to the vending machine owner, in good manner, not through anger. But if you still could not get your money back, let your money goes, and realize that it happen because Allah want it happen as a warning for you. In Shaa Allah, later Allah will give you more than what have lost.

:)

anatolian
02-01-2017, 04:00 PM
To be honest with you all, it is not easy to say yes or no to the OP with a limited knowledge. In Islam right is a very serious subject. Inshallah you have enough information to give a fatwah.

noraina
02-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Sister, I would advise you that is not the best way for you to go about this. Stealing something from the cafe for something you lost from the vending machine just doesn't make sense - apart from the fact you would be doing to whoever owns that cafe what you suffered from, taking something which is rightfully theirs.

I would suggest complaining about the machine to whoever is responsible or has authority, see if you can get your money back. If not, just leave it, forgiveness is always the better route inshaAllah.

It never pays off trying to take back what is rightfully yours by taking someone else's right away. So give your complaints, try to get them to change the vending machine and inshaAllah this won't happen again.

azc
02-01-2017, 06:57 PM
ASA Is it wrong or no? Is it haram or no? I have no time for I will be doing this tomorrow please let me know thanks JAK
when you've already decided what to do then what is the point of seeking advice.

ceylincemal
02-02-2017, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
when you've already decided what to do then what is the point of seeking advice.
ASA,

You do not make sense bro azc. I am asking for advice on what to do.

Please I cannot understand where you are coming from and where all this negativity is from

JAK

azc
02-02-2017, 09:29 AM
ASA, You do not make sense bro azc. I am asking for advice on what to do. Please I cannot understand where you are coming from and where all this negativity is from JAK
see your own words :
This is halal correct. I am not stealing, I am just taking what is mine back

ceylincemal
02-02-2017, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you ceylincemal;

Sadly, if you get caught, you could end up in big trouble. Then you will know how right or wrong it is. Protest legally, even make a poster saying, I was robbed of $3 from this vending machine, and stand by it at break times.

Search for a way to forgive, this is the greater Islamic path.

Sorry to hear about your loss, blessings
Eric
ASA

Thanks brother Eric

I agree

I appreciate your advice and sympathy

JAK

ceylincemal
02-02-2017, 09:50 AM
see your own words :
I am asking a question. Why would I even ask if I was going to just do it, why would I waste my time

JAK

azc
02-02-2017, 10:03 AM
I am asking a question. Why would I even ask if I was going to just do it, why would I waste my time JAK
and we are answering 'NO, it's not allowed''. If you disagree, then do as you wish...

azc
02-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Stop accusing and bullying me of things I did not say or do. I NEVER disagreed, so STOP! I will no more take your harassment Thanks for the continue 7asanaat btw JAK
you appear to be self assertive. What other members think of you is reminded to you.

ceylincemal
02-02-2017, 11:38 PM
you appear to be self assertive. What other members think of you is reminded to you.
ASA

JAK for everything. Truly appreciate it.

May Allah forgive you,

JAK :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.