/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage and Istikhara

leilasinai
02-05-2017, 12:58 AM
ASA

I got a marriage proposal from my cousin and my parents encouraged me to do istikhara, after my istikhara said yes my parents also agreed and said yes.
However, even though i said yes i was still uncertain and my father had problems with the family, for nearly two years my dad would agree to the marriage then disagree. During those two years with all the drama surrounding this proposal i did istikhara nearly 8 times and all 8 times it was a yes, i even told the guy to do istikhara and he said his was also a yes.

After two years, the guy's parents ended it

My question is this, if the end of all of this was constant feuding and then for them to just end it, then why was my istikhara constantly saying yes. To be honest i barely even knew the guy and the ONLY reason i said yes to the marriage proposal was because my istikhara said yes

JZK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm♥Layth
02-05-2017, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by leilasinai
ASA

I got a marriage proposal from my cousin and my parents encouraged me to do istikhara, after my istikhara said yes my parents also agreed and said yes.
However, even though i said yes i was still uncertain and my father had problems with the family, for nearly two years my dad would agree to the marriage then disagree. During those two years with all the drama surrounding this proposal i did istikhara nearly 8 times and all 8 times it was a yes, i even told the guy to do istikhara and he said his was also a yes.

My question is this, if the end of all of this was constant feuding and then for them to just end it, then why was my istikhara constantly saying yes. To be honest i barely even knew the guy and the ONLY reason i said yes to the marriage proposal was because my istikhara said yes

JZK
If there were issues then your istikhaara answer is clearly a no. The purpose of making istikhaara is for guidance. If something is meant for you then it becomes easy(this would be considered a "yes" for lack of better wording). If things become challenging in spite of trying, then it is not meant for you.

Translation: O Allah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allah, if in Your knowledge, this matter (then it should be mentioned by name) is good for me both in this world and in the Hereafter (or: in my religion, my livelihood and my affairs), then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge it is bad for me and for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs (or: for me both in this world and the next), then turn me away from it, [and turn it away from me], and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.
We shouldn't wait on dreams with different colors or answers because it will likely come from your naffs.

I'm unsure how you are certain your answer was a yes. Can you please explain? :)

talibilm
02-05-2017, 02:30 AM
ASA

JZK
:sl: Sister

How did you know it was an 'yes" answer for your Isthikara ??

Can you kindly explain to us . Jkk

azc
02-05-2017, 04:07 AM
Welcome to forum sister. What happens, happens good for us

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummshareef
02-05-2017, 11:12 AM
ASA

However, even though i said yes i was still uncertain...
:wa:

Istikhara is intended to help with uncertainty by filling your heart with guidance, so if you were still uncertain it sounds like a "no" to marrying this person rather than a "yes". The most important thing about Istikhara is to just place your faith in Allah and let your future unfold in the way that He decides is best for you in this world and the next.

Umm Malik
02-05-2017, 10:16 PM
When you make istikhra
Everything will led you going ahead or to stop
When you feel like he is a good person while you did istikhra and the mariage ended that means that this person is not good for you and this period of time you take is a test a reward for and you will learn from it and it will be experience for you
Sometimes the girl say no after istikhra but Allah know that this person is good for her ...he may Come again and accept him and everything be good
Allah know best
And even the period of time in being fiancee of even a wife can be better to higher your rank and to give you a lesson and to make you more strange
Do istikhra and do your best to know the best for you as a human and let Allah choose the best for you
May Allah give you better and grant you the good Muslim husband
Amen!

talibilm
02-07-2017, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
When you make istikhra
Everything will led you going ahead or to stop
When you feel like he is a good person while you did istikhra and the mariage ended that means that this person is not good for you and this period of time you take is a test a reward for and you will learn from it and it will be experience for you
Sometimes the girl say no after istikhra but Allah know that this person is good for her ...he may Come again and accept him and everything be good
Allah know best
And even the period of time in being fiancee of even a wife can be better to higher your rank and to give you a lesson and to make you more strange
Do istikhra and do your best to know the best for you as a human and let Allah choose the best for you
May Allah give you better and grant you the good Muslim husband
Amen!

This

is the most correct reply since I did do my marriage with an Isthikara and I know how i got an Yes and now Alhamdulilah , I am satisfied with what Allah ar rahman has given me.

So the OP must first reply to my post # 3 how did she know it was Yes ?,

Non replying to questions here will make us doubts is she really telling the truth or just a Troll ( apologetics) just to insert disbelief in the muslims ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.