/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I wish destruction upon Turkey....how do I stop?

Mustafa16
02-07-2017, 09:02 PM
I hate what is being done in Turkey to members of my jamaat under false pretenses.....Turkish people, I want you to read this...http://www.shaber3.com/
Turkish people have a below average educational system which forces rote memorization, collectivism, and ultranationalism rather than critical thinking.
The Turkish people are so self centered and think they are the center of the universe.
They are ultra nationalist, they are uneducated, they have a backwards version of Islam that venerates the state.
they have one of the worst media freedom rankings in the world.
they ignore their country's history of war crimes (including the ottomans kindapping and enslaving young boys, separating them from their families, and raping other young boys, massacring alevis, etc.)
they jail anyone who doesn't or questions their state's account of history.
they either repress religion or shove it down people's throats.
they call those who say no to the presidential system a "kaafir"
they arrested a relative of gulen and tortured him for 30 days and threatened to rape his wife!
they have arrested and/or tortured people ranging from soldiers, to journalists, to teachers, to judges, to professors, to union workers....
my aunt and uncle were schoolteachers and they were fired from their jobs and had their teaching licenses revoked.
my uncle (the teacher) was arrested, my other uncle was a traffic cop and he was placed under house arrest and fired.
my cousin was in the navy and he was on vacation and they sent him to high security prison and tortured him, and he has two very little kids......
my friend's dad was a physics professor, and he was fired.....
my friend of family was a political science professor and he fled with his wife, but while they were there they only went out at night for fear of being lynched....
they have a hotline you can call If you suspect someone is a gulenist.....
and my other friend's father had a neighbor who did not like him, so his neighbor called the hotline and he was jailed for 7 days...40,000+ people have been sent to prison, and only about 10,000 are soldiers....140,000+ people have been fired....media outlets, businesses, unions, and schools and universities have been shut down...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Turkish_purges
eu spies said gulen did not carry out the coup....
women have been raped in prison men have been raped in prison.
rapists, murderers, child molesters, and thieves, have bene released from prison to make way for gulenist "terrorists"
people have been tortured...
donating to a charity knownas "kimse yok mu?" is illegal, donating zakat to gulenist is illegal....
I have initially prayed FOR the people of Turkey, but now...I only care for members of my jamaat...I prayed that a flurry of earthquakes, tornadoes, drying up of rivers, economic turmoil, civil war, etc. destroy the people of Turkey, is this wrong? @anatolian @sister herb @Serinity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...ement_conflict

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Please brother, try to write shorter sentences and separate them with full stop. It´s hard to understand kind of post as it seems to be only one confusing sentence.

Mustafa16
02-07-2017, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Please brother, try to write shorter sentences and separate them with full stop. It´s hard to understand kind of post as it seems to be only one confusing sentence.
i fixed it, now can you answer?

Mustafa16
02-08-2017, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I would think that someone whose own people are being oppressed by a tyrannical government would take the time to answer the question within several hours rather than simply liking my post where I said I fixed my own post.... ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sharingan
02-08-2017, 01:55 AM
In my opinion, Turkey has always been evil. As you said, they think they are the centre of the universe when in fact they have contributed close to nothing to the world. They have committed genocide against the greek, the assyrians, the armenians, the kurds and they deny all of them. They want to become the leader of muslim countries but they are best friends with USA and Israel.

cooterhein
02-08-2017, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
Turkish people have a below average educational system which forces rote memorization, collectivism, and ultranationalism rather than critical thinking.
I'm not very familiar with the Turkish education system, so I'll take your word for it at the moment, but that would make me desire a better education system. I don't think this should take you any steps closer to wishing for destruction. That would also be counter-productive; civil war has never produced an amazing education system in the midst of it.

The Turkish people are so self centered and think they are the center of the universe.
They are ultra nationalist, they are uneducated, they have a backwards version of Islam that venerates the state.
I don't always reach for the Not All response but....isn't there a tremendous amount of diversity in Turkey? Granted, almost everyone is a Muslim, but as Muslim countries go it seems to set the standard for variety. I would instinctively call it a deeply divided country, except there are people who could realistically divide the country and that's a sensitive point for everyone else.

they have one of the worst media freedom rankings in the world.
I can't argue with that one. It's a legitimate issue, and there's no easy way forward. That can be frustrating.

they ignore their country's history of war crimes (including the ottomans kindapping and enslaving young boys, separating them from their families, and raping other young boys, massacring alevis, etc.)
That makes sense, in a way. A lot of people in Turkey are descendants of slaves, especially people of certain non-Turkic ancestry. They don't want the stigma of slave ancestry to be attached to them, or to people of the race within Turkey....or to the presumed reason for why their families ever became Muslim.

they jail anyone who doesn't or questions their state's account of history.
they either repress religion or shove it down people's throats.
It's almost as if the state is trying to take a very diverse populous and project some sense of uniformity over everyone. There has to be a way to embrace an identity of diversity, doesn't there? That would probably require some type of secularism though....supremacism is the enemy of diversity. And the enemy of anyone who's part of the diversity.

they call those who say no to the presidential system a "kaafir"
they arrested a relative of gulen and tortured him for 30 days and threatened to rape his wife!
they have arrested and/or tortured people ranging from soldiers, to journalists, to teachers, to judges, to professors, to union workers....
my aunt and uncle were schoolteachers and they were fired from their jobs and had their teaching licenses revoked.
my uncle (the teacher) was arrested, my other uncle was a traffic cop and he was placed under house arrest and fired.
my cousin was in the navy and he was on vacation and they sent him to high security prison and tortured him, and he has two very little kids......
my friend's dad was a physics professor, and he was fired.....
my friend of family was a political science professor and he fled with his wife, but while they were there they only went out at night for fear of being lynched....
they have a hotline you can call If you suspect someone is a gulenist.....
and my other friend's father had a neighbor who did not like him, so his neighbor called the hotline and he was jailed for 7 days...40,000+ people have been sent to prison, and only about 10,000 are soldiers....140,000+ people have been fired....media outlets, businesses, unions, and schools and universities have been shut down...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Turkish_purges
That is absolutely awful, that kind of thing shouldn't happen, and I'm very sorry about that. I know it's hard to think about this from a long ran perspective, since this is so painful and immediate and in your face, but the only thing I can tell you is that this tends to go in cycles. One group beats up the other, it's awful, then they get revenge by beating up the other people. Back and forth it goes. There's got to be some point where a peaceful resolution is reached, and revenge gets in the way of that. Revenge just keeps the cycle going. So what do you really want for Turkey?

eu spies said gulen did not carry out the coup....
That's what I've believed from the beginning.

I have initially prayed FOR the people of Turkey, but now...I only care for members of my jamaat...I prayed that a flurry of earthquakes, tornadoes, drying up of rivers, economic turmoil, civil war, etc...is this wrong?
I understand your frustration, but yes this is wrong. I think you'll get the same basic thing from everyone else too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.