/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advise on Engagement

ahmed1a1
02-08-2017, 04:03 AM
I got engaged about 4 months ago. I didn't get to see the girl much or talk to her more than a few times as it's typical in our culture. My parent really wanted me to get married to her but I had some reservations on her appearance. I did istikara at the time but I didn't get an answer. However, I said yes after my parents insisted, thinking she is from a good family and this will make my parents happy. After we got engage my reservation on her appearance got stronger. I live and work in a different city from my parents and the girl and only go home for a few days every month. I talk to her on the phone and she seems like a nice girl. But she's not the kind of person I imagined myself getting married too. I feel if I get married to her I'm won't be happy and will not be able to be a good husband that she deserves. On the other hand if I break the engagement I will hurt my parents and break that girls heart and she didn't do anything to deserve that. I'm very confused and it's effecting every part of my life. I have been doing istikara recently and I don't get any clear answer. Please advise me on the Islamic way to guide me. Also if anyone had been through similar situation please share.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-08-2017, 09:17 AM
I think you should talk to your parents and convince them why you are reluctant to marry with her. If your istkhara isn't clear, your mother or father can do....... Brother, As a matter of fact we can't be sure about our decision. Sometimes we are wrong in our assumption/judgement and like/dislike. We don't know if a person who do we dislike really deserves to be disliked, it's possible that she is proven better than you, if practically observed. Keep your eyes opened but once are married, close them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.