/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to shave?

MuhammadSajidHA
02-08-2017, 08:25 AM
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUH

Today a friend of mine told me that shaving mustache is haram and i was supposed to be cutting mustache with scissors.Is that right??? and also i want to know how to remove hairs from my armpits and also from below navel? I just know that removing hair from those parts is sunnah but i dont know if there is any rules and regulations in doing that...

JAJAKALLAHU KHAIRE

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUH

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Simple_Person
02-08-2017, 08:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB8HRrJ0KM

Sorry brother, i couldn't resist it :).

A part of your question that i can answer how to remove hair from under your armpits and below the navel. Just use those bodygroomers. If you do it with those shaving knives or so, you could hurt your self or cut yourself instead. Just trim it with a bodygroomer will remove the hair.

Umm Abed
02-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Good one, @Simple_Person :)

The thing about Islam is, that it always adopts the moderate path - that's the beauty of Islam.

For example, a non-muslim may not shave but then the moustache is left so long. Others who dont shave their beards dont do so at all, like leaving the beards very long, unkempt and with long moustaches.

Umm Abed
02-08-2017, 09:02 AM
:wa:

As far as I know, shaving the moustache is not haram, brother MuhammadSajid.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Does it help..? (ahnaf view) http://www.darululoom-deoband.com/en...air.htm??p=1??

talibilm
02-08-2017, 10:45 AM
:jzk: for the link.

An Aalim told that arm pit hairs are better removed by plucking them out. He also added though it may be a little painful if the person has already used razors but in passage of time it will be more easy and comfortable. In my experience the Aalim's words came true and also those hairs which were rough earlier (thicker) became softer and less denser too.

Simple_Person
02-08-2017, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Good one, @Simple_Person

The thing about Islam is, that it always adopts the moderate path - that's the beauty of Islam.

For example, a non-muslim may not shave but then the moustache is left so long. Others who dont shave their beards dont do so at all, like leaving the beards very long, unkempt and with long moustaches.
I have experimented 4 years ago with a beard. Before that, i wanted a beard so badly, although i have alhamdullilah a blessed full beard, however because of the itchiness, i couldn't keep it longer than 1 week. Sub'han'Allah somehow a year or two before i started to use a trimmer instead of a razor blade and indeed the effect of a razor gives you the itchiness, while a trimmer it doesn't itch at all if you decide to let it grow. Btw, the razor even damages the skin.

What i also found very interesting, people started to greet you despite they being of another ethnicity or religion or you being a stranger to them. I saw people have more respect for you out of the blue. Some people were afraid, despite me not looking angry. I think this has a lot to do with the whole propaganda and causing people trauma's of people with black beards..are terrorists kinda message. People take you also directly serious when you say something. At work i analyzed the behavior first of a colleague of mine that i did not speak often with. At first she was scared of, but when time went on, she became more at ease as experiencing..that i came in peace and not gonna eat anyone alive...(If they are dead..off course..meat is meat..;D ).

What i also experienced with the beard, i had a lot more respect towards myself. As if looking at some wise person. What even MORE weirder was, was that my thoughts were different than when i had no beard. I behaved more like an adult without pretending or trying to fit the picture as a man with a beard. But really it changed my behavior and thoughts. I had back then during my experiment grow my beard for like 2.5 months and ma'sha'Allah i couldn't see my skin anymore. Very thick and when i moved my hand over my beard like a person who is in deep thoughts, i also could analyze things better, became much calmer and could focus better and was less distracted by whatever went by.

When moving my hand over my beard like a person who is in deep thoughts, women especially became all distracted from their game like a person who is in panic as if that look of mine was going through her game and she knowing that i saw through her pokerface. I also had more attention from women looking at me not in a scary way, but more like ..i don't know..as if they were interested somehow.

My mustache i also did not shave back then and it got in my mouth each time, so i had to curl it sideways.

When the 2.5 months ended, i decide to shave the beard. What i experienced was that i looked in to the mirror and i saw a young person that i myself couldn't take serious. I also suddenly had very childish thoughts and my behavior also became more childish. Again..easily distracted, no more focus. Very strange that was indeed.

Then i decided to always have a beard. Sadly i have problems with dandruff, so whenever i let my beard grow, it gets all itchy and during sujood i inhale it and thus have to cough each time. So i trim it every month or so.

Although to prove these things as facts, is hard as i have experienced them myself, but i would encourage other brothers to experiment also with it and observe what is happening to themselves and their surroundings.

talibilm
02-08-2017, 11:33 AM
:sl:

Sunnah has blessings in it which we do not know all of them.

For dandruff use selsun . that's the best medicine. I never had any itching with beard though its length is of a fist.

Shaving beard has a bad prophecy from a hadith.

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 651

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:
The Prophet saidid, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Simple_Person
02-08-2017, 11:47 AM
@talibilm,

Where is selsun made of? I am not that fond of western medicine. Rather try to find the natural thing and use that instead.

Scimitar
02-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Serinity
02-08-2017, 05:45 PM
:salam:

I wish I could have a thick beard.. But mine is soo thin :( I'm thinking if I shave it, maybe it will come back thicker. but idk about that.

my beard just seems too hairy.

Allahu alam.

MuhammadSajidHA
02-08-2017, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I wish I could have a thick beard.. But mine is soo thin :( I'm thinking if I shave it, maybe it will come back thicker. but idk about that.

Allahu alam.
bro dont be so down

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-08-2017, 06:34 PM

Allahu alam.
No, don't do that. It's not permissible to shave the beard, even if it's for the intention of having it grow back thicker. And that doesn't work, anyway. Shaving doesn't cause it to become thicker. That's a myth.

Something a lot of people don't understand is that, the command is not to grow a beard; the command is to not shave your beard. The word used in the Hadeeth is "I`faa", which literally means "to pardon" the beard. Meaning, leave it alone. Let it grow. And if nothing grows, that's not your fault. Your duty is just to see that you never shave your beard. Allaah Ta`aalaa will make it grow as much as He has decreed.

Serinity
02-08-2017, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
No, don't do that. It's not permissible to shave the beard, even if it's for the intention of having it grow back thicker. And that doesn't work, anyway. Shaving doesn't cause it to become thicker. That's a myth.

Something a lot of people don't understand is that, the command is not to grow a beard; the command is to not shave your beard. The word used in the Hadeeth is "I`faa", which literally means "to pardon" the beard. Meaning, leave it alone. Let it grow. And if nothing grows, that's not your fault. Your duty is just to see that you never shave your beard. Allaah Ta`aalaa will make it grow as much as He has decreed.

I got it.

So how can I make the beard thicker/nourish it?

My chin has a beard and so has my side cheeks. But most of it is "invincible".

I need more nutrients. lol.

I make dua to Allah to make the beard look good in the end. my beard grows very slow.

Allahu alam.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-08-2017, 09:32 PM

I got it.

So how can I make the beard thicker/nourish it?

My chin has a beard and so has my side cheeks. But most of it is "invincible".

I need more nutrients. lol.

I make dua to Allah to make the beard look good in the end. my beard grows very slow.

Allahu alam.
You can always make Du`aa that your beard grows to the size you want it to be. That will work a lot better than shaving, I guarantee you. In Shaa Allaah.

talibilm
02-09-2017, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
@talibilm,

Where is selsun made of? I am not that fond of western medicine. Rather try to find the natural thing and use that instead.

I do not know what it is made off . but its at least 3 decades older tested product for dandruff and though i prefer natural medicines too but in my experience that was the best for dandruff iow Allah had given shifa to me through that , so I recommend it

Umm Abed
02-09-2017, 10:57 AM
I think itchiness would come if you kept on cutting it so, leaving it to grow naturally would get rid of the irritation so its best to let it grow. Yes having a beard gives you a dignified look compared to someone who doesnt have one, and he is not taken so seriously, honestly.

Thats true that you can focus better, instead of having to think everyday about the worry to shave.

Occasional oiling helps too with the dandruff as well as using anti-dandruff shampoo. These days you do find in shops products especially made for beard care, I dont know how well it works but its always worth a try. @Simple_Person .

azc
02-09-2017, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:jzk: for the link.An Aalim told that arm pit hairs are better removed by plucking them out. He also added though it may be a little painful if the person has already used razors but in passage of time it will be more easy and comfortable. In my experience the Aalim's words came true and also those hairs which were rough earlier (thicker) became softer and less denser too.
I've never experienced this....

Simple_Person
02-09-2017, 11:04 AM
I do not know what it is made off . but its at least 3 decades older tested product for dandruff and though i prefer natural medicines too but in my experience that was the best for dandruff iow Allah had given shifa to me through that , so I recommend it
Bro, i have used almost everything. If there is no snow during the winter, just visit brother Simple Person and you can taste some snow:popcorn: or make an angel in it. It's a beast. ;D

However, i am willing to try it out. I do want to know if it is one time thing? So you use it..and it never comes back or do i have to keep using it? Because my beard, head, eyebrows all is experiencing winter even though it's not snowing outside :Emoji22:.

Simple_Person
02-09-2017, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I think itchiness would come if you kept on cutting it so, leaving it to grow naturally would get rid of the irritation so its best to let it grow. Yes having a beard gives you a dignified look compared to someone who doesnt have one, and he is not taken so seriously, honestly.

Thats true that you can focus better, instead of having to think everyday about the worry to shave.

Occasional oiling helps too with the dandruff as well as using anti-dandruff shampoo. These days you do find in shops products especially made for beard care, I dont know how well it works but its always worth a try. @Simple_Person.
Well based on what i have experiencing and tested, is that when the hair grows, but is is still too short, it makes sort of a u turn towards your skin again. As it has been cut by a razor, the end of that hair is also sharp. However when somebody shaves, the razor literally damages the skin also. As i have also experimented with that, because in the two years earlier to my experiment i sometimes had my beard one weak, but did not feel any itchiness.

So based on that, i have concluded that when the skin is damaged and you would move something a bit sharp over it slowly, it will itch. As during your day to day life you talk, you eat, you turn your head. which you then experience the hair also moving.

Yeah, but if somebody is not taken seriously based on what, are people not taking him seriously? Just some hair on their chin? I mean what about Asian men, who do not have almost any beard growth so to say? This whole idea of shaving off the beard in the present time is an idea/trend that has started(not originated) from WW1 and has kept this way.

Well the focus is not necessarily about you have to shave again, but more like if somebody has a better focus, one is able to reach deeper levels of thought. When the focus is not there, you tend to lose your focus much quicker by what is happening around you and thus not think things thoroughly. Which results in shallow opinions or bad decisions. Many times even a car driving by you suddenly lose your focus, look at the people inside ..and if they were looking at you and or look at the car it self, while these things are not important at all. The best that i can portray it in something visual is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU1B0lOtvHA

Everything is happening all around you in your mind, people walk by, but you are calm and in deep thoughts not aware of what is happening around you so to say. When you also for example have to cross the street your focus is so good that you can analyze as if you are aware of the 360 degrees around you. While a child for example, just runs whatever he sees and not being aware of his surroundings.

anti-dandruff shampoo.., that is more food for the beast ..;D. I bought a anti-dandruff shampoo..it cost me like 16 euros for 500ml. No result. I currently use that soap that is made of olive oil

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a1192704d6.jpg

Every 2 days the beast conquerors this defeat and my head itches again. Although i THINK this is natural to have itchiness every two days. As with shampoos it did not itch for maybe like 4-5 days (yes, i know not showered for 4-5 days :facepalm:, although my record when i was young was like 1.5 week ;D, don't break the record!!..take a shower it is better for you). I think shampoo like many things that we eat and use are NOT good for our health. They put too much stuff in it, that upsets our body. While that soap that i use is i think natural as natural can be.

Never thought of whole beard products, i am kind of skeptical as many claim so much, to sell you something that really does not work as they themselves know it is rubbish.

talibilm
02-09-2017, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Bro, i have used almost everything. If there is no snow during the winter, just visit brother Simple Person and you can taste some snow:popcorn: or make an angel in it. It's a beast. ;D

However, i am willing to try it out. I do want to know if it is one time thing? So you use it..and it never comes back or do i have to keep using it? Because my beard, head, eyebrows all is experiencing winter even though it's not snowing outside :Emoji22:.
I am living in a hot country like Thailand and was living in India before two decades ago. What i remember is when i used the dandruff went away for good untill after atleast for 7 years or more and i again used it and alhamdulilah again. last time i used it was about 3 years ago. I just used a a bottle and thats it.

Simple_Person
02-09-2017, 03:27 PM
I am living in a hot country like Thailand and was living in India before two decades ago. What i remember is when i used the dandruff went away for good untill after atleast for 7 years or more and i again used it and alhamdulilah again. last time i used it was about 3 years ago. I just used a a bottle and thats it.
Oke, i will try it in'sha'Allah. I will let you through an automated message know that i have died because of it, if it might happen. ;D

Scimitar
02-09-2017, 04:05 PM
PLUCKING ARM PIT HAIRS!!! NO WAAAAY JOSE.

I ain't no chicken, so no plucking here thank you lol.

Sticking to my trimmer and blades. And cut throat razor. I'm kind deft with it.

Scimi

talibilm
02-09-2017, 10:34 PM
@ Scimitar

this is was the same response once from me when i heard it when i was probably in my late teens from an Aalim and hafiz.

but i tried since it came from an aalim. it really worked.

Its all upto you .
:D

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-09-2017, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
PLUCKING ARM PIT HAIRS!!! NO WAAAAY JOSE.

I ain't no chicken, so no plucking here thank you lol.

Sticking to my trimmer and blades. And cut throat razor. I'm kind deft with it.

Scimi
In fact, some `Ulamaa said that not only should armpit hair be plucked, but pubic hair should be plucked as well.

Scimitar
02-10-2017, 02:36 AM
Assalaam alaikum brother Huzaifah,

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
In fact, some `Ulamaa said that not only should armpit hair be plucked, but pubic hair should be plucked as well.
Whoa bro,

I don't let it grow tho,

Shave down close low bro,

So the cuticle stay invisible,

And the follicle, undetectable,

aint no 'fro yo :D

@ Scimitar

this is was the same response when i heard it when i was probably in my late teens from an Aalim and hafiz.

but i tried since it came from an aalim. it really worked.

Its all upto you .
:D
I will think about it :S

Scimi

GodIsAll
02-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Wow.
I'm just going to bathe in NAIR, now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.