/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Fear

aminah996
02-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Assalamu Calaykum,

I have a friend who has anxiety and fear and just wanted you to hear me out.

She feels very lonely and vulnerable and doesn't want to interact with anyone, this has been happening for the past week and doesn't want to tell anyone how she feels and she locks herself in her room away from society and away from anyone even her own family.

She just cries about it and has panic attack for a good 10mins. Its even worse she cannot sleep, she tries to sleep and when she does try she gets nightmares. She feels very alone and that she doesn't want to live the next day at all. She hasn't gotten out of her house since last week and really feels down. She feels that she is scared, she isn't going to make it, she feels like there's no point of life. Like VERY low. As in she doesn't live properly anymore.

Ive told her to strengthen her bond with the Quran and also to do her prayers too aswell. Gave her some duas to read aswell. I cannot directly help as I don't live with her but I check with her older sister who's my bestfriend. I also wanted to ask you guys to keep her in your duas seriously. Its really heartbreaking to see someone who you know facing a difficult time.
Please remember her and constantly pray for her welfare inshaAllah.

Jazakallahu khairan for hearing me out. May Allah grant you the best success and health

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
02-08-2017, 07:12 PM
you and her should take up jogging..

for emotional support.

and stay on your deen.. in opposite order "/

aminah996
02-08-2017, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
you and her should take up jogging..

for emotional support.

and stay on your deen.. in opposite order "/
Sorry I don't understand the last part?

M.I.A.
02-08-2017, 08:29 PM
well deen is the more important of the two.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminah996
02-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Ohhh okay yh ur right thanks

hisnameiszzz
02-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Has your friend been to their GP?

Is something happening or has something happened in their life to bring these thoughts about?

aminah996
02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
She has been to the GP and then she is being booked with a counselling service. And im not very sure, she isn't being open about these things. Its been damaging her for a year now, but only got worse now

Eric H
02-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Greetings and peace be with you aminah996;

Its been damaging her for a year now, but only got worse now
Forgive me for asking, but what happened a year ago, that has made her like this?

She is in my prayers.
Blessings,
Eric

Scimitar
02-09-2017, 02:06 AM
Tell her to read Qur'an with meaning, to understand it - it will soothe her heart and her anxiety will dissipate - guarantee it.

Scimi

aminah996
02-09-2017, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hajerette
Alsalaam Alaykum sister,

For now keep her withe the reminding of Allah and the Quran and the prophet. Also give her time while at the same time being there for her. The last thing you want to do is to just let her be because loneliness can add up to it. So keep reminding her she has Allah and to turn to Allah but also be there for her, even if she may seem silent and distance. Also make sure she knows she has a support system and that she's filled with love.

Take it from someone who gets panic attacks & is anxious all the time.

Please keep us updated sister and Ya Rab it turns out well for her and her health gets better ya Rab

Ameen

Allah yejazeeki kul Khair
Yes well said! Im keeping this in mind, ive told her ill message her everyday to keep in contact with her, and she said that thats good.
So inshaAllah keep her in your prayers

aminah996
02-09-2017, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you aminah996;

Forgive me for asking, but what happened a year ago, that has made her like this?

She is in my prayers.
Blessings,
Eric
Im not actually sure. Its quite absurd. She had gotten it and when she first understood she's had it she's been dealing with it as something she can control. But then only now is she realising its getting worse and she needs counselling and that type of help.

aminah996
02-09-2017, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Tell her to read Qur'an with meaning, to understand it - it will soothe her heart and her anxiety will dissipate - guarantee it.

Scimi
InshaAllah jazakallahu khairan. Keep her in your prayers.

_E_3
02-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Has anything happened to her or anything trigger it ?
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.WJxmRvIxiFo
i hope its ok to give out this link
its has info on anxiety and panic attacks
has she tried medication ? somtimes it helps
but just be there for her praying for her
maybe listening to the quran on mp3 while she out and about or when she isnt so good
its helped me
remain calm and focus my mind on Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.