PDA

View Full Version : A Way To Lose Weight Fast



Reminder
02-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Back when Trump got elected (November 8th), I weighed over 300 pounds. In fact, I hit 306.5 around this time. It was at this point I decided to do something about my weight. Well, it turns out I found a method to lose weight faster than anything else that ever existed. That's right, WALLAH there is no quicker or healthier way to lose weight than this, so pay attention.

It is called Water Fasting.

Basically, you stop eating food altogether and live off only water.

Please do your own research before beginning. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

I fasted for 30 days in total and lost 50 pounds.

We are built for this. ;)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Surely you lost your weight if you stop eating. It´s also called as starving. But note that you can´t live only by water as your body, organs and brains need energy, vitamins and minerals to work normally. Note also that during the first two days your body takes its needed energy from the body fat (and that puts you to lost weight) but after that body starts to take energy from your muscles and that makes you weak.

Here isn´t any magic ways to lost the weight. The only way is change your the whole life style and keep it rest of your life.

I recommend that you now go back to the dining table and start to eat healthy. Water fast of one month may risk your health seriously.
Reply

Kiro
02-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Or walk 40 minutes everyday
Reply

_E_3
02-09-2017, 01:16 PM
please dont do this ...what you are doing could make you very ill you could end up with an eating disorder yes you might loses weight but your body needs food to fusion and you most likley faint when you dont have food in your body

also you could go the other way and start binging because your body is crying out for food there are Eating disorder circles
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.WJxqu_IxiFo
https://www.b-eat.co.uk/
here infomation on eating disorders i hope its ok to post the links
No matter what size you are You are Loved by your family and friends and most of all your Love by Allah
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
noraina
02-09-2017, 02:10 PM
I was kind of expecting this as soon as I read the title, brother, there is no such thing as a way to lose weight 'fast'. And this particular 'water fasting' you have chosen is particularly bad for you, so please stay away from these fad diets.

In Islam, when we fast we are encouraged not only to have iftaar at the end of the door but also to have suhoor before you begin the fast, to bring up your stamina. Food is essential for your body to function normally, and starving yourself can have long-term effects on your health.

If you wish to lose weight, there are two simple rules: exercise and eat healthy. I do around two hours of exercise a day, and control my portions of food, and I haven't cut anything out of my diet (I just couldn't live without chocolate).

That's it, there's no magic milkshake or potion which will drop off the pounds without you doing anything. This is a slow process, but it's one you could maintain for the rest of your life and it wouldn't have a negative affect on your health. With diets like 'water fasting' the moment you begin to eat like you did you will put all the weight back on - and usually more.

Being fit and healthy is something we all want, I'm a fitness freak myself lol, but there's a way to do it which is good for you and your body, in'sha'Allah.
Reply

Simple_Person
02-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Brother, i myself have been thin, i have become fat 94 kg in the past (without fitness..so way less muscles) (207 pounds), i have also become muscular in my life. As a person who has experienced all the types so to say with many different "diets", my conclusion? Diets do NOT work. Sub'han'Allah, the Islamic way of life is really the answer. I am NOT saying this because i am a Muslim.

I myself follow logic and rationality, the Islamic way of life, gives EXACTLY that. Be active, eat, but NEVER make your stomach full. 1/3 food, 1/3 water 1/3 air. Fast Mondays and Thursdays and also if possible ever 13th, 14th, 15th of each month you will see that you suddenly have MORE energy. When fasting i observed my body and strangely enough it almost feels like i had been working out. My muscles are more tight and i also have more energy. Logically thinking it could be that the body when eating, your food contains all kind of bacteria. When you do not eat, your body switches to cleaning it self as it is deprived of extra water and toxic stuff. When you are deprived of toxic stuff, everything becomes more healthier and because less water in the body, you can feel every muscle in your body if you for example would stretch your muscles.

Eat ONLY during certain times. So when fasting, during iftar..eat..(like the Islamic way of not filling it up), however what you eat also stay with 7 or 9 dates(I have concluded that dates are CRUCIAL). Drink some fluid and eat something that gives you energy for longer period (pasta, potatoes or rice) (again..moderate..the Islamic way). Eat SLOWLY. Chew more on the food as more nutritious will be used from it. After Isha..DON'T eat anymore. You can drink water, but NOT eat anything. Sleep after Isha prayer. If you would fast the next day, wake up before fajr..again eat some dates ( i myself try every day in the morning to eat 7 and during Maghreb 7). Because i eat dates every day, i do not need meat that much as dates already contain iron, as well as little amount of protein o_O. Protein is also found in almost anything. I eat meat when i want to these days and that is sometimes maybe once every 2 weeks or once a month. Strange thing is, i don't miss it even that much. Because my taste buds have gone to their original state, i taste things WAY better than before. I don't drink coke or any of those stuff. When i do eat meat, i even taste a lot of fat, which before i did not. The meat of the present day contains A LOT of fat. BTW, you have those people who say you NEED to eat meat, the argument against it, is simple. A silverback gorilla, what meat does he eat? It is a vegetarian =_=!. This whole issue with YOU NEED to eat meat is propaganda talk of those meat companies. Your body is amazing as it can get many nutritious stuff from almost everywhere. For example sugar is added to the body because of carbohydrates. Listen to the your body. When it craves for something, THEN go also eat that. For example every now and then (a month or so) my body is craving for meat. So i go and eat meat that day.

I am myself trying to slowly change also other habits of making own bread as many food that we eat isn't as they say it is. A lot of stuff have been added to it, that messes with the body. Many food for example contain E621. It adds flavous like salt does, but this also takes away your feeling of satisfaction. When you have eaten food that contains that, it feels like as if you have not eaten anything and you still feel as if you need to eat.

If you can't stop eating, this also has A LOT to do with having a weak will. People who don't have a very strong will, are often more fat. Fix yourself i would say and find the cause of this weak willed mentality.

Nobody is fat by default, their mind is fat. The body is just a reflection of the mind.
Reply

Serinity
02-09-2017, 02:33 PM
:salam:

Do fast, but fast the Islamic way. Eat iftar, suhoor, etc. Mondays and thursdays.

And eat healthy. excerise, (run around a lil - walk, and do push ups.) Try doing 40 minutes excerise sessions, every day.

There is protein in eggs. Eat fruits! Eat meat sometimes, but dont make it a habit, once in a while.

If you can, Eat, train and fast on mondays and thursdays, and 13th, 14th and 15th. That might be good.

It is healthy to fast, but one can do it the wrong way. Do it the Islamic way. Say, fast on monday, train Tuesday and Wednesday, fast on Thursday and train on friday.

so:

Monday: fast.
Tuesday: train
Wednesday: train
Thursday: fast-
Friday: train.
Saturday: Train.
sunday: Train / day off.

Train for 40 minutes a day. Idk if there is a Gym nearby you. But if there is, maybe you could use that?

But beware: there might be half-dressed women. So if that is the case, see if there is a "male only" trainings room, or home train yourself.

Allahu alam.
Reply

noraina
02-09-2017, 02:38 PM
That's great advice from the brothers above

If you are seeking to lose weight, or just change your lifestyle, addressing your eating habits and what you eat it essential.

Firstly, I try to make what I can at home, and no you don't end up spending the entire day chained to the stove :D try to eat a minimum of processed or pre-cooked foods, they put a lot of additives you don't really need. Making the majority of your own food at home means you know and can decide what you put into your body.

Lessening the amount of meat and refined sugars. You don't have to cut them out, as I've said I can't and won't live without my Cadbury Dairy milk. I probably have meat less than six times in a month, and chocolate on the weekends (my treat days, lol). And increase the amount of water you drink to 6-8 glasses a day.

And fast in the Islamic way (including suhoor and iftaar) regularly, it's not only spiritually beneficial but a good way to detox one's body.

And Islam is such a comprehensive way of life alhamdulillah, if we followed the attitudes of the Prophet :saws: and his Companions towards food and exercise we would hardly need to do anything else. Islam is a religion of balance and moderation - if you strive to balance and take the middle path in your approach to food, you'll find you won't ever full into any extremes concerning weight inshaAllah.

It can be difficult to lose weight or adopt a healthy lifestyle, but definitely to do it in a healthy way and you'll feel so much better.
Reply

_E_3
02-09-2017, 02:42 PM
So your saying because i am Obese i dont have a strong will there can be many reasons why someone is Obese
you makes us sound that there lazy they could have other health problems or actually have an eating disorder themselves
its is not alway weak will ....Eating disorder can start from people saying what you just said here
some people with eating disorder .eg binging is something that you can always contriol there are times when we feel so bad about ourselves
that we either die from killing ourselves or die from starving Yes i binge ad sometimes i fast and sometime i make myself throw up
So telling me that i am weak willed is upseting to someone who has an eating disorder and its also dangerous how do you know that i might not eat for a weak or that i might throw up my food witch tears my parts of the throat that could kill me or that me throwing up might make me have an heart attack because it can happen
You have to be careful what you says to people be mindful of what you say it can hurt or even kill someone
Reply

noraina
02-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by _E_
So your saying because i am Obese i dont have a strong will there can be many reasons why someone is Obese
you makes us sound that there lazy they could have other health problems or actually have an eating disorder themselves
its is not alway weak will ....Eating disorder can start from people saying what you just said here
some people with eating disorder .eg binging is something that you can always contriol there are times when we feel so bad about ourselves
that we either die from killing ourselves or die from starving Yes i binge ad sometimes i fast and sometime i make myself throw up
So telling me that i am weak willed is upseting to someone who has an eating disorder and its also dangerous how do you know that i might not eat for a weak or that i might throw up my food witch tears my parts of the throat that could kill me or that me throwing up might make me have an heart attack because it can happen
You have to be careful what you says to people be mindful of what you say it can hurt or even kill someone
Of course you're not weak-willed ukhti. x

There are many medical reasons for obesity, it can be lifestyle but it is also environment, genetics, eating disorders and even prescription medications which can cause obesity. The same goes for anorexia - people often think it is a self-inflicted illness because of an obsession with body shape but there are often many reasons behind that, including emotional distress or an underlying illness.

However, if you do have an eating disorder, it's really important to seek some form of help and support for it, preferably professionally as they really can help someone in a situation like this. And generally, with obesity, it's also important to try and prevent any more weight gain via adopting a healthy lifestyle. Well, even if you're not obese, it's still important to change your lifestyle for the better.

May Allah swt make everything easy for you sister. x
Reply

Simple_Person
02-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by _E_
So your saying because i am Obese i dont have a strong will there can be many reasons why someone is Obese
you makes us sound that there lazy they could have other health problems or actually have an eating disorder themselves
its is not alway weak will ....Eating disorder can start from people saying what you just said here
some people with eating disorder .eg binging is something that you can always contriol there are times when we feel so bad about ourselves
that we either die from killing ourselves or die from starving Yes i binge ad sometimes i fast and sometime i make myself throw up
So telling me that i am weak willed is upseting to someone who has an eating disorder and its also dangerous how do you know that i might not eat for a weak or that i might throw up my food witch tears my parts of the throat that could kill me or that me throwing up might make me have an heart attack because it can happen
You have to be careful what you says to people be mindful of what you say it can hurt or even kill someone
Sister, obese is a strong word. I do not say what is obese and what is not obese as people now a days brand something. Obese in my eyes is somebody who cannot even walk through their own house. Sits or lies on their bed the whole day.

My comment especially was pointed at people who once had a normal figure and suddenly something traumatic happened in their life, that they suddenly started to eat more and thus became fat.

When this happened is that people suddenly have become weak willed.

For example a girl who has anorexia, this is a symptom not the cause. When you truly would analyze yourself if you have anorexia, something just bothers you. Many times people are obsessed with their figure, which again relates to that they care of what other people think of them and what society portrays as "good" and "healthy" and this and that. This is when i say FIX yourself, as people's opinions are NOT important. People will judge you no matter if you have the BEST body. However this body is NOT yours and use it also as it is not yours. Treat it good.

I know it is hard if somebody would through what i just said in your face, but we must face facts. It is not all happy this and happy that.

So fixing yourself is fixing what is bothering you mentality. Stop listening to people. This world is in the hands of people, look what people have made of it..it has become a mess. So would you rather listen to what people say you should or should not do? Or rather would listen to what your Creator says you should and should not do?

People with anorexia for example, will NEVER admit they are suffering from anorexia. I do not have to tell you you are too this or too that. You can decide that for your self. Don't think i am free of things that need to be fixing. I have also my own battles to fight.

Forgive me for my harsh words, but i often get straight to the point.

BTW, what i also forgot to say, read my original comment again as the food is not food anymore. Even if you would have eaten the SAME amount of food whatever that might be 200 years ago, you would still NOT get fat. Everything is corrupted.
Reply

M.I.A.
02-09-2017, 04:34 PM
its not really about what you eat but how you can work it off..

i stayed around 50kg until i was 30+

and that was eating without thinking about calories and sugar or fat or whatever else you may have to think about.

in fact i only gained weight once i sat down.. so iv had six years of sitting now.

skipping, boxercise..jogging.. those are all high calorie burners.. and require relatively little time.

at the moment im an experiment.. i live of chicken takeaways and back problems.

i think the legs remember they used to run.

although i limit the number of cookies and soft drinks i consume..

just waiting for a cutting phase.

so i can be a 9 stone weakling.

and this is the joke.. if you say i cant skip or i cant jog or i cant box.. then your missing the point..

the weight will fall off by itself once your comfortable with your endeavours.

something to remember is that there will always be people that are stronger, faster, smarter, quicker.. fitter..

but your not doing these things to be seen are you?

looks through cliché book...

after all, its not what you have that counts...
Reply

aaj
02-09-2017, 05:54 PM
:salam:

To maintain one's current body weight, one would need to do a brisk walk for 20 minutes daily. Do more and you loose weight.

Don'ts
Do not eat any junk food,
Do not eat GMO food
Do not eat unhealthy food (deep fried pakoras and stuff)
Do not cook with unhealthy transfat oils (corn oil, canola oil, flowerseed oil , etc)
Do not eat too much charbs (bread, wheat, rice)

DOs
Do eat lots of veggies
Do eat more protein
Do eat less (sunnah of 1/3x3)
Do eat at it's proper timing (nothing 3hrs b4 bed)
Do exercise
Reply

sister herb
02-09-2017, 06:29 PM
One more thing; when you try to lost the weight, be patient. It took years or decades to gain your weight. So don´t expect you can get rid of it for a week or a month. It takes time.
Reply

Reminder
02-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by noraina
That's it, there's no magic milkshake or potion
Excuse me, water isn't a milkshake or potion.
Reply

sister herb
02-09-2017, 07:56 PM
^^ It was a parable.

= Here is no miracle substance that guarantee fast (and permanent) weight loss results.
Reply

noraina
02-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Reminder
Excuse me, water isn't a milkshake or potion.
It isn't, by potion I meant something you use to quickly lose weight, in this context, it is being used as a potion.

Doing it the ways illustrated above does take time, but you would find it would be better for your health and easier to maintain long-term in'sha'Allah.
Reply

Reminder
02-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
^^ It was a parable.

= Here is no miracle substance that guarantee fast (and permanent) weight loss results.
What?

Water isn't a miracle substance?!

Now I have heard it all... :facepalm:
Reply

sister herb
02-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Water isn´t miracle substance when you try to lost the weight. "Water only diet" doesn´t give you those vitamins, energy etc. what your body needs in daily basis. That´s what we are talking here. I don´t think we can convince you about the dangers of kind of diets but hopely someone else will think twice before tries the same.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2017, 08:33 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 02:28 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 05:58 AM
  5. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:27 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!