/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do men , in muslim countries, in appearances outnumber women in REPENTING?

abuahmed
02-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Assalamu Alaykum, and may Allah guides us to what is benefitial to us in this short life and the everlasting other one.
I think, and I hope, we all know that the right understanding of Islam and its practice has been declining ever since the first generations.
Regarding the knowledge and understanding of Islam and its teachings, and for different reasons, it has been slowly deviated from its original pure path, sometimes such deviations got so sharp that it gave birth to sects. According to some eminent Scholars, the UMMAH entered in a stagnation state since the 5th higiri century( 11th century). Gone were the time that gave birth to EMINENT Scholars and Imams such as IMAM THAWRY, IMAM HASSAN, Imam AbuHanifa, Imam MALIK, Imam SHAFII, IMAM AHMED, Imam TABARI, IMAM BUKHARI, ….).
However as promised by the Prophet(SALLA ALLAH AALAIHI WA SALAM), from time to time, a new Scholar tried hardly to revive the DEEN and give a new impulse, and tried to take back the UMMAH to the level of knowledge of the early generations.
Regarding the practice of the teachings of Islam, it was also a subject of decline. Such decline were sometimes backed by deviated understanding or perception of these teachings, such as the beleif that the practice does not at all affect the faith itself. Anyway for many reasons, muslims, if one dismisses some, were practicing less and less.
In the last century and due to the blessing of ALLAH for this UMMAH and the efforts of some sincere Scholars or just DAAI, many muslims repented from ignorance, from deviated sects, from just imitating past generations, and started rebuilding their faith on solid basis, and restarted practicing with fervor the teachings of Islam. And this continues to this hour.
Alhamdu Lilah. But based on what I have read or seen, based also on my travels to few muslim countries ( Saudi Arabia, DUBAI, Jordany, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya)I have noticed that men outnumber, in apparences, women in such repentance. Of course I know some reasons for that, but I am very curious to know more.
So in your opinion why do men, in muslim countries, outnumber women in repenting?
Thanks for your contribution!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Wow!

I think that might be over generalising, or too a simple conclusion from observation, I might take. But your summary on the state of islam is an interesting one. I believe that is the whole test. Because, ultimately, each and every one will be judge for his or her own deeds. It is not on the collective state of the ummah. And Allah's first command to us all is "iqra" so it is already our duty to seek knowledge and differentiate between truth and falsehood, hence Allah never set out to have earth perfect, but a place of tests for human kind, and every one is tested differently. I feel I have had an incredible journey in every respect. Extremes in very many aspects.. But the truth is a hard one to swallow, even if you know so. The world and its trappings are far too tempting. . .plus, to follow the truth means having to submit... and continually strive but accept all that is given with gratitude, patience and humility.

:peace:

Ummshareef
02-10-2017, 06:16 PM
:wa:

Maybe it is because the women were repenting inside their homes, hidden from view, when you visited those countries.

abuahmed
02-11-2017, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummshareef
:wa:

Maybe it is because the women were repenting inside their homes, hidden from view, when you visited those countries.
Wa Alaykum Assalam, you really got a strong point here and it is true for many sisters, neverthless there are many means that reveals and reflects that reality.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
02-11-2017, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abuahmed
Assalamu Alaykum, and may Allah guides us to what is benefitial to us in this short life and the everlasting other one.
I think, and I hope, we all know that the right understanding of Islam and its practice has been declining ever since the first generations.
Regarding the knowledge and understanding of Islam and its teachings, and for different reasons, it has been slowly deviated from its original pure path, sometimes such deviations got so sharp that it gave birth to sects. According to some eminent Scholars, the UMMAH entered in a stagnation state since the 5th higiri century( 11th century). Gone were the time that gave birth to EMINENT Scholars and Imams such as IMAM THAWRY, IMAM HASSAN, Imam AbuHanifa, Imam MALIK, Imam SHAFII, IMAM AHMED, Imam TABARI, IMAM BUKHARI, ….).
However as promised by the Prophet(SALLA ALLAH AALAIHI WA SALAM), from time to time, a new Scholar tried hardly to revive the DEEN and give a new impulse, and tried to take back the UMMAH to the level of knowledge of the early generations.
Regarding the practice of the teachings of Islam, it was also a subject of decline. Such decline were sometimes backed by deviated understanding or perception of these teachings, such as the beleif that the practice does not at all affect the faith itself. Anyway for many reasons, muslims, if one dismisses some, were practicing less and less.
In the last century and due to the blessing of ALLAH for this UMMAH and the efforts of some sincere Scholars or just DAAI, many muslims repented from ignorance, from deviated sects, from just imitating past generations, and started rebuilding their faith on solid basis, and restarted practicing with fervor the teachings of Islam. And this continues to this hour.
Alhamdu Lilah. But based on what I have read or seen, based also on my travels to few muslim countries ( Saudi Arabia, DUBAI, Jordany, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya)I have noticed that men outnumber, in apparences, women in such repentance. Of course I know some reasons for that, but I am very curious to know more.
So in your opinion why do men, in muslim countries, outnumber women in repenting?
Thanks for your contribution!
Asalaamulaykum:

Dear writer - I have read your article twice over and I think that you have an inadvertent issue with the understanding of "repenting" or "repentance"

Reading your entire article has nothing to do with the last question. You have discussed one or a few topics in the entire article and then surprisingly asked another issue in the end.

Repentance is between a believer and Allah SWT - You as a person right now have idea to who repents and who doesn't in your family, friends or society. Repentance is something that is private and generally acted upon without others knowing. Example - Do you stand up in a Musjid and announce that you are to repent in the next 5 minutes ?? . I am sure see my point. Hence, you have no idea if males repent more than females or even if youngsters repent more than the elderly simply because its a private matter that is generally acted upon in privacy.

Moving on...I think you are talking about other issues that are visible to the eye, example you might note in your travels that a certain society has more brothers with beards than woman wearing hijab and so on and so forth. That is a different issue altogether and one cannot deduce that repentance is absent.

If I were to draw a parable - Repentance is similar to Thahajud Salaah - you actually don't know whos praying it and whos not - and frankly its non of our business to who does and who doesn't as IT IS DESIGNED TO BE A PRIVATE ISSUE.

With much kindness and love , I suggest you concentrate on your own repentance rather than worry who is doing it around you or who is not. I understand the need to resolve the issue in your mind but that is not a priority - Your accountability in your grave & the Last day is your main objective of concern. ( The same applies to me and all believers)

Wasalaam.

Simple_Person
02-11-2017, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamulaykum:

Dear writer - I have read your article twice over and I think that you have an inadvertent issue with the understanding of "repenting" or "repentance"

Reading your entire article has nothing to do with the last question. You have discussed one or a few topics in the entire article and then surprisingly asked another issue in the end.

Repentance is between a believer and Allah SWT - You as a person right now have idea to who repents and who doesn't in your family, friends or society. Repentance is something that is private and generally acted upon without others knowing. Example - Do you stand up in a Musjid and announce that you are to repent in the next 5 minutes ?? . I am sure see my point. Hence, you have no idea if males repent more than females or even if youngsters repent more than the elderly simply because its a private matter that is generally acted upon in privacy.

Moving on...I think you are talking about other issues that are visible to the eye, example you might note in your travels that a certain society has more brothers with beards than woman wearing hijab and so on and so forth. That is a different issue altogether and one cannot deduce that repentance is absent.

If I were to draw a parable - Repentance is similar to Thahajud Salaah - you actually don't know whos praying it and whos not - and frankly its non of our business to who does and who doesn't as IT IS DESIGNED TO BE A PRIVATE ISSUE.

With much kindness and love , I suggest you concentrate on your own repentance rather than worry who is doing it around you or who is not. I understand the need to resolve the issue in your mind but that is not a priority - Your accountability in your grave & the Last day is your main objective of concern. ( The same applies to me and all believers)

Wasalaam.
As salamu alaykum,

I was also very confused what that brother said. But a part of what you said even confused me more. I SUSPECT you are in the same boat as i am, in the sense of "Are there really people who say in public they are going to repent?(make tubaw).

Or is it maybe that those brothers regarding towards for example a crime they have done and public knowing it about. So they in public have declared they repented that action? However that also is very illogical in comparing it with women, as if the crimes are 50% done by women and 50% done by men..o_O!. So if that would be the case, then logically speaking you do not even have to bring that up as many criminal acts so to say are done by men instead of women.

Very confusion topic to be honest.

abuahmed
02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Assalamu Alaykum!
All these creatures and these events that are occuring in this vast world, are the creation of ALLAH SWT.These creations and events emmerge in this life by his WORDS, but He let them happen thru some laws and SUNNAN. These creatures, these events, these SUNNAN(Laws) are all signs from Allah to endorse the revelations to HIS Prophets.
He has allowed mankind to slowly, from age to age, and from century to century, to discover these creatures and events no matter how huge or how tiny they were, more than that He has pemitted them with HIS guidance to slowly discover and understand thoses SUNNAN (LAWS) thru which these creations and events happen.
Discovering and having a grasp on these creatures,events and SUNNAN gives mankind a knowledge and science that should lead men first to know better their creator ALLAH SWT, to get closer to HIM and totaly submit to HIM, secondly it should push muslim men to use these science for the best of Islam, muslims and even all mankind. That's why Allah in some verses has called all humain to have an indeep look to these creations and events.
Apples were falling from trees all the time; some men did not even care about that event, it was common for them. For others it was not so common and tried to go beyond that common event. One of them with indepth analysis and usage of data from earlier scholars could define mathematically the laws that govern the general system of gravitation. Whether it is a true story or just a myth the idea is there.
About half a century ago an islamically important event happenned: many muslims in muslim countries started returning to Islam. That wave went beyond the muslim countries boundaries and reached Europe, America and even as far as Oceania; non-muslims started being more and more interested in Islam and many of them embrassed Islam.
Of course muslims noticed that event but they reacted differently; while for some it was just news, others were profoundly affected positively by it . After thanking ALLAH , they prayed for these Scholars or just common muslims who stood behind such awackness and look for ways to help them in their honorable work. Making DUAA for them and contributing financially was a great help, but they also know they could help differently based on indepth analyzis of all these processes. And that what pushed them to spend some valuable time to try to have such analysis.
While analyzing the process of repenting taking place in muslim countries they noticed may things that needed special attention, one of them is the fact that men seem to outnumber women in such awackness, of course they did not went to MASJIDS and ask newly repented muslims to stand up, nor did they stood in streets and start counting HIJABI sisters. The repenting process shook up the whole society it does clear, no need for such stupid things in order to have a grasp on such process.
And of course some people will ask them to concentrate on their REPENTANCE instead of counting brothers and sisters. How did these brothers conclude that they are not deeply involved in QYAM LAIL and REPENTANCE.
May Allah guides us to what is benefitial to us.

abuahmed
02-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Assalamu Alaykum, if read back the thread you see clearly that I meant REPENTING because I used the term appearances. I just miss-used the term REPENTANCE.

abuahmed
02-15-2017, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamulaykum:

Wasalaam.
Assalamu Alaykum, if read back the thread you see clearly that I meant REPENTING because I used the term appearances. I just miss-used the term REPENTANCE.

M.I.A.
02-16-2017, 06:10 PM
i thought maybe its because the women are ninjas "/

no im kidding, you know sometimes you can only see what you are shown..

great i just triped a fuse..

figures.

azc
02-16-2017, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abuahmed
Assalamu Alaykum, and may Allah guides us to what is benefitial to us in this short life and the everlasting other one.I think, and I hope, we all know that the right understanding of Islam and its practice has been declining ever since the first generations. Regarding the knowledge and understanding of Islam and its teachings, and for different reasons, it has been slowly deviated from its original pure path, sometimes such deviations got so sharp that it gave birth to sects. According to some eminent Scholars, the UMMAH entered in a stagnation state since the 5th higiri century( 11th century). Gone were the time that gave birth to EMINENT Scholars and Imams such as IMAM THAWRY, IMAM HASSAN, Imam AbuHanifa, Imam MALIK, Imam SHAFII, IMAM AHMED, Imam TABARI, IMAM BUKHARI, ….). However as promised by the Prophet(SALLA ALLAH AALAIHI WA SALAM), from time to time, a new Scholar tried hardly to revive the DEEN and give a new impulse, and tried to take back the UMMAH to the level of knowledge of the early generations.Regarding the practice of the teachings of Islam, it was also a subject of decline. Such decline were sometimes backed by deviated understanding or perception of these teachings, such as the beleif that the practice does not at all affect the faith itself. Anyway for many reasons, muslims, if one dismisses some, were practicing less and less. In the last century and due to the blessing of ALLAH for this UMMAH and the efforts of some sincere Scholars or just DAAI, many muslims repented from ignorance, from deviated sects, from just imitating past generations, and started rebuilding their faith on solid basis, and restarted practicing with fervor the teachings of Islam. And this continues to this hour. Alhamdu Lilah. But based on what I have read or seen, based also on my travels to few muslim countries ( Saudi Arabia, DUBAI, Jordany, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya)I have noticed that men outnumber, in apparences, women in such repentance. Of course I know some reasons for that, but I am very curious to know more.So in your opinion why do men, in muslim countries, outnumber women in repenting?Thanks for your contribution!
:wa: Ameen
According to some eminent Scholars, the UMMAH entered in a stagnation state since the 5th higiri century( 11th century).
No, it's not true. See ilm ar rijal came into existence as the separate branch in the field of hadith, most of famous scholars like asqalani rh, aini rh, zahbi rh, ibn taimiyya rh, ibn qayyim rh, mulla Ali qari rh etc, interpretation of books of ahdith, and Quran were written, even sihah sitta was established after 5th century...even Bukhari got the status of ''Sahih''... Etc
However as promised by the Prophet(SALLA ALLAH AALAIHI WA SALAM), from time to time, a new Scholar tried hardly to revive the DEEN and give a new impulse, and tried to take back the UMMAH to the level of knowledge of the early generations.Regarding thepracticeof the teachings of Islam, it was also a subject of decline. Such decline were sometimes backed by deviated understanding or perception of these teachings, such as the beleif that the practice does not at all affect the faith itself. Anyway for many reasons, muslims, if one dismisses some, were practicing less and less
true but who're they..? It Can't be decided easily.
No, the time closer to khairulquroon is always better than the present one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.