/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interfaith relationship questions

Emperorethanboy
02-11-2017, 05:32 AM
I have been attracted to a Muslum girl my age for a while now. She wears a hijab, I am an atheist. I was curious if interfaith relationships between an atheist and a Muslim girl was possible, without violating her religious or cultural beliefs. I have read that it is absolutely forbidden unless I convert, please if anyone could tell me if this is possible at all?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-11-2017, 05:53 AM
Welcome to forum. No, you can't unless you convert to Islam

Ummshareef
02-11-2017, 08:42 AM
It is good that you have asked.

The answer is that unless you truly believe that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, then she is absolutely forbidden to marry you and in any case Islam forbids all inter-gender relationships outside of marriage.

So you will have to forget about her unless you are willing to study the peaceful message of Islam, take the Qur'an into your heart and profess your sincere belief in Allah and his Messenger (peace be upon him). Only then would you be permitted to approach her in the way the Islam allows, which means involving her parents/guardian.

This may not be what you want to hear, but please try to treat it positively as it could a sign that God is guiding you to become a Muslim.

For now though, respectfully, please stay away from her because you will be putting her in an awkward position if you try to chat with her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.