/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify this Hadith?? I am very confused.

Serinity
02-11-2017, 10:13 AM
:salam:

I am very confused about this hadith.

Ibn Katheer said: Two women are to take the place of one man because women are lacking in reason, as Muslim narrated in his Saheeh… from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O women, give in charity and seek forgiveness a great deal, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell.” A wise woman among them said, “Why is it, O Messenger of Allaah, that we are the majority of the people of Hell?” He said, “Because you curse too much, and you are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you.” The woman asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, what is wrong with our common sense and our religion?” He said: “Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to that of one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion.” (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/336)

I know that men and women are not alike, and whatever is legislated by Allah, is in consideration of their nature. Cause Allah knows us best, and does things in our best interests.

my confusion is in regards to the last bit. Where the Prophet :saws: says that "and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion."

Can someone please clarify? Because, menstruation is part of their nature. They are created like that. So my question is:

What is meant by they "Fail in religion"? And about the not offering prayer, etc. Since Allah created them like that (them being on their period) how is it failing in religion?

Link: https://islamqa.info/en/1105

How are we to understand this?
And Allah :swt: knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
02-11-2017, 01:37 PM
#Huzaifah ibn adam.

Scimi

talibilm
02-11-2017, 02:07 PM
:sl:

There is a incorrect translation on the word ' fail ' since I saw this hadith else where where it said 'weak ' in your religion. About 2 women for 1 man witness , Dr Zakir Naik gives an appropriate reasonable explanation.

aminah996
02-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Yeah that wouldn't make sense I agree^ you cannot say that if we don't fast or pray and Allah made it permissible for us then we are failing our religion. Perhaps the translation wasn't good, and try and watch videos and that to explain in a more literal manner. In Islam it is very easy to make mistakes in terms of interpretation. We as beings have very little understanding compared to Allahs plan and we need to understand this too. We shouldn't assume things since Islam isn't about assumption rather explore the different meanings and make sense of the real meaning.

You don't want to be following a wrong meaning not only does it weaken your understanding but it also weakens your faith in terms of you thinking that me getting my natural "thing" is making me fail my deen which is completely not true.

But wishing you the best success.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.