/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alone in the hotel

ceylincemal
02-12-2017, 07:31 AM
ASA

I am unmarried, but will be going to a function

It is out of state so I will be flying by myself & in a hotel by myself for 5 days

Is this halal

Should I bring my friend with me?

I cannot bring my mom, she abuses me

JAK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nk1997
02-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Of course it is!

Your intentions are pure - as long as they remain pure you have nothing to worry about. Remember Allah swt knows everything :)

Serinity
02-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Wa alaikum salam,

I can not say with 100% certainty whether it is halal or not. Because there is a ruling that says a woman has to travel with a mahram, but I do not know the ins and outs.

@huzaifahibnAdam

Allahu alam

sister herb
02-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Travel alone is one thing but isn´t living in the hotel alone be the other thing? Anyways, I think here are the rules for both situation (and someone with more knowledge may know them better than I).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-12-2017, 01:42 PM
not permissible - women MUST travel with mahram - especially on over night stays in hotel rooms.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Hadhrat `Abdullaah ibn `Abbaas رضي الله عنهما narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

عَنْ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا قَالَ : قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : ( لَا تُسَافِرْ الْمَرْأَةُ إِلَّا مَعَ ذِي مَحْرَمٍ

"A woman does not travel except with a Mahram." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and Saheeh Muslim.]

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.