/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with fajar pray

ghazala
02-12-2017, 09:19 AM
I have recently started praying but find it hard to get up for fajar pray please adivse

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
02-12-2017, 09:41 AM
As salamu alaikum,

Try to set up an alarm for Fajr. Make dua and read Ayatul Kursi (if you have memorised it) or Suratul Ikhlas (Ikhlas) the 3 quls (3 last surahs of the Quraan)

Try your best.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

noraina
02-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

And also, when setting up an alarm, perhaps set up three multiple alarms at five minute intervals. And place you alarm in such a place where you have to get up to turn it off, as you have done the hardest part of actually getting out of bed and can then go on to do wudhu in'sha'Allah.

Setting the adhaan is another brilliant idea, if for some reason I'm finding it hard to get up, that line 'And prayer is better than sleep' always works.

It's great you have started praying sister, ma'sha'Allah. When we fix our salah, it just seems like all of the other affairs of our life settle themselves. It really does change everything.

nk1997
02-12-2017, 10:14 AM
After Isha, or by midnight max, have a hot shower, drink a warm cup of chamomile tea and go to sleep. Set an alarm and for a few days you will feel weird but it'll become a routine.. plus I don't know anyone that can't fully wake up after wudhu early morning hahaha :P. Then you can start your day early instead of going back to sleep, so you can sleep early too. Once you've settled into the routine well you can even incorporate Tahajjud!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummshareef
02-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Mashallah. It is great news that you are starting to pray. Our salah is indeed the essence of our worship. The key to making it easy is to organise our daily lives around our five prayers, rather than working out how to fit salah in. Try to develop a mindset where nothing, but nothing, will ever come in the way of your salah. Soon in sha'Allah you will come to love your salah so much that you will yearn for the next one so much that you won't even need an alarm clock!

But for now, yes, probably best to set multiple alarms and make sure that you have to get out of bed to stop them. Some people also pair up with buddies to ring each other up to awaken them.

And go to bed early!

Zeal
02-13-2017, 10:53 PM
Put your alarm far away so you can get up out of bed

azc
02-14-2017, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghazala
I have recently started praying but find it hard to get up for fajar pray please adivse
:wa: early to sleep always works

Simple_Person
02-14-2017, 07:12 AM
Sister, i have experimented with all kind of ways and observed the experiment myself. My conclusions?

After Isha-prayer go to sleep. Your body sub'han'Allah will wake up automatically even before night prayer would start. You are fully rested in mind and body.
Based on my observations i have also come to know that if you would do isha-prayer but not go to sleep rather..watch tv or do something that you need to be active some how, your sleep is less concentrated in the sense of REM-sleep being less beneficial. So always let your isha-prayer be the LAST thing you do before going to bed. Why this? again logically thinking and observing it, i have noticed that if your isha-prayer is focused, your mind wipes out dunya stuff. Your body also becomes calm. In sujood stay a bit longer and try to have a very good concentration as during your sujood is your body will somehow be relieved of all off the stress that you have build up during the day. So when going to bed, you are all calm in mind and body. No worries..only Allah(swt) in your mind. Although my advice is still, IF it is possible when the time breaks for Isha prayer do your prayer and go to bed. After Maghreb prayer, start doing the things that you need to do. Clean up stuff laying everywhere, do the dishes if they are not done yet. Brush your teeth.. as a sort of preparation that everything is neat and during your isha-prayer when time has come you do not have to worry about anything and have a fully concentrated prayer.

During winter, have a good clothing with long sleeves when you go to sleep. Do not let your body be exposed so to say. Why? When you go to bed early for example after isha-prayer you will be awake WAY before fajr-prayer AUTOMATICALLY!!. When it is cold outside you can step outside the bed and do not feel any cold hit your body thus much easier to step out of your bed. If even possible, sleep with the window open..EVEN IN WINTER TIMES :). Fresh oxygen helps you with a better quality of sleep. Although would not advice you if you live in a area that is to crowdy. Your heart and mind get upset because of all the noise, although you do not notice it. Also car smoke doesn't benefit the air so to say.

That being said, when you go to sleep and automatically wake up during the night and feeling fully rested, have blue light. What is blue light and where can it be found? Sun light, but also white light coming from tv and computer. However i have noticed that sunlight wakes the eyes much better than tv/computer light. Also be aware, just very close to fajr-prayer the whispering of shaytan will start. I have experimented a bit with it, in the sense that i thought i am indeed tired and i again slept and i also have stayed up. What i found was remarkable. If i went to sleep, just VERY close like 5 minutes to end of fajr prayer i would wake up or like 5-10 minutes after fajr-prayer i would wake up..and thus missing the fajr-prayer. I have also fought against this sleepiness and tried to stay awake..the moment i did my prayer, the sleepiness went away. Concluding that this indeed was the work of sheytan. During the day when i did my fajr-prayer, i noticed i had A LOT..and i mean A LLOOOOT of energy. I have stayed the whole day and right around Isha-prayer i started to feel tired again. Thus meaning..live by the times of the prayer.

There are other things that i have noticed in my observations, but i'll them be for now. I hope you can benefit from these things. BTW, logically speaking, when you go early to bed..your body and mind are tired..do not prolong it to give them the rest they need. WHATEVER you think you are doing after Isha-prayer, IT CAN WAIT. Even MORE..it is better if you would rather go to sleep and wake up early as your body and mind are rested. So what you were doing will be of better quality.

talibilm
02-14-2017, 08:31 AM
:sl:

Sleeping early will help you get up early. If you have to sleep late (work etc) then do have a nap after lunch for at least half an hour or more ( complete sleep ) that will also help to wake up early inshallah.

When you feel very difficult to wake from your bed up seek help of Allah from shaitan and vow our life is for the ibadah of Allah by this ayah http://legacy.quran.com/6/162

Halallover
02-17-2017, 01:59 AM
I always drink a lot of water before bed, so when my alarm for fajir goes off I have no choice but to get up and go to the washroom. That may help.

Kiro
02-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Make dua, sleep early.

Maybe carry a water bottle near you so you can make yourself feel awake before going to the bathroom to do a wudhu

noraina
02-19-2017, 05:02 PM
And before you go to bed, make a sincere intention to wake up for Fajr.

And as humans we often do something based on the costs or rewards of it. So read up on the virtues of waking up for Fajr, comparing to any difficulties you have. You'll find the benefits *far* outweigh the disadvantages.

Also, with praying Fajr, I have been able to see the most gorgeous sunrises ma'sha'Allah. I used to think as I lived in the UK the weather just wasn't right for them, but that's far from the truth. So, if you're so inclined, just stay awake a little while after Fajr, and just appreciate the silence and beauty of that time of day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.