/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Depression

ebrahimH
02-12-2017, 05:10 PM
I long so much for death , I pray every night before I close my eyes that Allah swt will not wake me up and in the morning when I do wake up instead of thanking Allah the first thing I feel is disappointment , I always feel alone in life I try to make salah and read quran most times I just feel worst afterwards I have thought of taking my life but I dnt have it in me to do such a thing to myself and I know what will happen if I do, I know my problems are not that big compared to our brothers and sisters in palistine , Iraq , Syria etc but am just so tired of trying the best thing in my life right now is my job yet I hate getting up and going there everyday but I need it if I was to lose it I would have nothing left I just want to leave this duniya am tired this weekend all I did was sleep nothing else

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karina Rahman
02-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Even I feel the same thing...not getting job..not getting married... My elder sister is also there..she is also unmarried... My family are also not so good...feeling so helpless...

Zeal
02-12-2017, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ebrahimH
I long so much for death , I pray every night before I close my eyes that Allah swt will not wake me up and in the morning when I do wake up instead of thanking Allah the first thing I feel is disappointment , I always feel alone in life I try to make salah and read quran most times I just feel worst afterwards I have thought of taking my life but I dnt have it in me to do such a thing to myself and I know what will happen if I do, I know my problems are not that big compared to our brothers and sisters in palistine , Iraq , Syria etc but am just so tired of trying the best thing in my life right now is my job yet I hate getting up and going there everyday but I need it if I was to lose it I would have nothing left I just want to leave this duniya am tired this weekend all I did was sleep nothing else
Make sure you are in good health.
Get healthy hours of sleep.
Eat healthy, eat fruit.(don't watch TV whilst eating)
Cut down the Tv and gaming read instead or fill your time with better things like jogging

Do hifz {O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”

but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)
}

I would recommend fasting so that you get closer to your rabb

Also, instead of telling yourself you're so depressed ask yourself productive questions so your mind can subconsciously make solutions for them; like how do I gain contentment in life etc etc
And that way you would rewire your brain to think in a better way

Simple_Person
02-12-2017, 07:05 PM
When you do feel depression, it is what you are NOT doing. You do not know the reason why you are doing what you are doing. What i mean by this. Many people pray..but they do not pray. They do it because they "have" to. It is not because you "have" to. When you pray and you feel as i "have" to, that is when you lack understanding of Islam. You must pray because you WANT to. When you do something because you HAVE to, it is saying that if it was up to you, you would rather not want to pray.

So feeling depression is having no meaning in your life. Ponder about the things you are doing? Friends, job, goals in life. Life style?

To give you some examples. I have alhamdullilah already reached the 30 and i am still not married. Instead of complaining how useless my life is, i try to look from Islamic perspective. Having the knowledge that i know now, i say ALHAMDULLILAH that i haven't married yet. I know myself and i know that for sure i would have done injustice to my spouse if i did not have this knowledge and understanding. That would be a huge problem for me on the Day of Judgement. Many of us only think of marrying, instead of that, i would say look at people who already have married. Majority now a days are having very difficulties in their marriage. They have chosen a spouse because of "love"=_=! or because of desires or because of showing to people look i have married.

About your job, if you truly are depressed about your job, what is holding your back? BRO, YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST library humanity has ever seen at your finger tips. There are TONS of books online to learn other professions. Take the first step. You do not know how to use sheikh google? Or torrents.. just say it.

In the weekends, try to have a hobby or try to do something that keeps your mind busy. I for example always wanted to do whole gardening stuff. Although i do not have a garden but a balcony, just have some flowerpots and start planting seeds of cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes name it..buy books that you really can benefit from. For example just bought some books on how to survive in the wilderness and how to know what fungi to eat. TV will kill your mind, stop that nonsense. There is sub'han'Allah so much to do and to learn, but we narrow ourselves to smallest and most useless things. Just ask yourself..what did i like to do when i was younger? I myself i loved creating my own stuff. From DIY solutions in house and all kind of other things to digital solutions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
02-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Remember that depression is also a disease. If you don´t find any help from those advices you got, maybe you could meet a doctor.

ebrahimH
02-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Jazak Allah for the advice all who replied , I dnt blame Allah for my situation I always feel like a hipocrite as when I pray it's only cause I need from Allah swt , I have been to a head doctor for help and no can help me right now accept Allah swt but when ever it's time for Salaah I get so lazy and make excuse in my head not to read but I guess it like Allah says it the quran " do u think u will be left alone and not be tested " I mean how much did the Prophets pbut go through yet they had so much sabr so I try to think of that I dnt won't much in life I just want a sense of belonging to find peace where am at and what ever Allah has decreed of me that I will be content with that , I sometimes have awful thoughts is there Allah does he exist and it makes me feel so bad cause how am I here how is there air to breath water to drink sun to rejuvenate and give us strength not only us but the flowers the trees and I know all this but that thoughts always come back in my head bad ones , I know am being tested and right now am failing his test even coming here and talking I dnt know why I do but I do

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-12-2017, 10:07 PM
The first step in treating a problem is finding out the cause. What we need to do is, we need to find out what exactly it is that is causing you to be depressed, as well as how long you have been depressed.

OmAbdullah
02-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Eemaan (the faith of Islam) must be very strong. Always seek the refuge of Allah from Satan. Try to recite and understand a few verses (1---3) of the Holy Quraan daily. never leave a single obligatory prayer in any day. Getting doubts in the existence of Allah can be the main cause of depression. Also missing an obligatory prayer will cause terrible depression.

Simple_Person
02-13-2017, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ebrahimH
Jazak Allah for the advice all who replied , I dnt blame Allah for my situation I always feel like a hipocrite as when I pray it's only cause I need from Allah swt , I have been to a head doctor for help and no can help me right now accept Allah swt but when ever it's time for Salaah I get so lazy and make excuse in my head not to read but I guess it like Allah says it the quran " do u think u will be left alone and not be tested " I mean how much did the Prophets pbut go through yet they had so much sabr so I try to think of that I dnt won't much in life I just want a sense of belonging to find peace where am at and what ever Allah has decreed of me that I will be content with that , I sometimes have awful thoughts is there Allah does he exist and it makes me feel so bad cause how am I here how is there air to breath water to drink sun to rejuvenate and give us strength not only us but the flowers the trees and I know all this but that thoughts always come back in my head bad ones , I know am being tested and right now am failing his test even coming here and talking I dnt know why I do but I do
Brother Islam has answers to all the questions you have. For example you are saying, does Allah exist? Many Muslim brothers or sisters, rather indeed answering this, they try to avoid this question. Follow logic, rationality and reason. Sheytan will try to put doubt in your heart regarding the deen, but as a ex-atheist myself and very curious for knowledge, i have found answers to each and every question (Alhamdulillah)

So for example, your question of "Does Allah exist?". What you first need to do, is gather all the other believes. For example not 1 God, but multiple God(Hindusm for example) or there is no God (Atheism for example) or i do not know if there is a God or no God (Agnosticism). So to put it simple you could say in total of 4 types of believes as Islam/Judaism/(some sects of Christianity who also believe in 1 God) the unity of 1 God.

To tackle each and every one of these believes, one could easily start with the most simple one. Does a God/Gods exist? Atheists talk A LOT and claim A LOT, but when you suddenly bring the whole what came before the big bang, then suddenly they are kind of more often quite. So what did came before the big bang? The core of logic is mathematics. As we know, 0+0+0+0+0+0+0=0..it can NEVER become 1...NEVER. So the notion of there was nothing before the big bang and big bang started out of nothing goes against the principle of mathematics, which kills the argument of atheist. I have heard from an atheist, that there is a theory that something can come out of nothing, i said indeed this is a FACT in Islam.

"....He says, "Be," and it is,.." Qur'an 6:73

So out of nothing something comes to existence, however atheist do not believe that a being causes this, so still their argument is invalid, as it goes against the core of logic..mathematics.

I have heard the theory of multiverse, but the question STILL has not been answered. What did came BEFORE multiverse then? As core of logic, is based on 0+0+0+0=0. That is the moment they shutdown as they have no valid argument to build on. So because mathematics fails in this, we go to simple philosophy. As something cannot come out of nothing, then something must already exist that causes something to come in to existence. However, atheist again, would not agree with this, because their core of believe is based on mathematics not philosophy or any other thing. However, because their core fails, their believe also fails to have a firm root of believe.

So going further in to the philosophy of something must already exist. So what can this be? Again Islam for sure says,

"He neither begets nor is born," Qur'an 112:3

If something is not born..aka not come to existence, then what is left, is that it must already have existed. Which answers the question of something that already exists before the big bang. So from here on, it is all logical, as if something already exists it can cause something to come in to existence. Which is again referring to

"....He says, "Be," and it is,.." Qur'an 6:73

Now having build the foundation of what came before the big bang, atheism and agnosticism both fail as they bot do not have a firm core. Which leaves two discussions open. Multiple Gods/1 God and Which religion of the religions that speak about unity of God.

This also is a very simple argument. As we already have created a foundation that mathematics could not answer, which only left philosophy to answer that question (which something must already have existed), from now on, mathematics based on logic, rationality and reason can answer almost any question there is. In case of lets say multiple Gods.

If i as a human being would decide to worship God X, but NOT God Y, would God Y punish me for not worshiping him? If yes, then God X is useless as he cannot even protect me or even another argument, God X is weak, as he cannot even protect me from God Y. If i worship God Y, but not God X, would God X punish me? If yes then again God Y in this case is useless as he cannot protect me from the punishment from God X. Which again would mean that God Y is weak. So if i must worship both the Gods, but who decides what are the boundaries? I mean one can easily go over the boundaries of another God. Is there a sort of guard that prevents these Gods to go over the boundary of another God? If so, that means that guard is more powerful than BOTH of those Gods. Which makes those Gods kind of useless as they are not even able to fight this guard as he is stronger then them. So rather i would say worship that "guard" instead right? So then again comes to the argument of 1 God as multiple God is kind of contradictory on even more levels than what i simply described here.

Now the last question. Which of the religions is the true religion as all of them talk about oneness of God. Well lets keep the argument simple as i am a Simple_Person. Look in to the scriptures of each religion, if you find errors in them, by default those religions are not the true religions.

My own conclusion brought me to Islam as all other philosophies and religions fail MISERABLY to answer the most simple and basic questions. I mean i am not follower of the Judaism or Christianity of today, but i feel embarrassed as how weak their arguments are. Like a Jew i had a discussion with said..i believe in the Judaism, because bani Israel had seen Moses(as) do those Miracles. I said, who said bani Israel were not lying? You believe somebody has seen something without any hard evidence to backup their claims. As i can say i have gone to America and out of nowhere a limousine came picked me up brought me to a 5 star hotel gave me the best food there was balblabalb..ALL FOR FREE. However, i have no pictures of it, if have no video of it.. i have no witnesses or even a card as evidence..just believe me on my word =_=!.

So brother, those doubts that you have are super easy to refute, but you have to ponder just a little about it. If you do not know, you can also ask somebody about it. I have till now found rational and logical answers to every question i had even the question of "what came before Allah?", while many would all tremble and think ooh i must not think like that. Be honest in your heart and bring your intention to the level that you are not questioning something to be false, but you want to know and understand things. Allah(swt) FOR SURE will give you knowledge and understanding of it.

If you have any other question that you feel doubt as you do not know the answer, there is no harm to ask it. In the end, it is YOUR heart that will guide you. Are you honest? or are you dishonest? A dishonest person, no matter if i would say 1+1=2, he will still not agree with me, as his/her heart believes it to be something else than 2 =_=!.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.