/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Us and relatives

azc
02-13-2017, 04:48 AM
Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “The best charity is charity given to relatives who cut off ties with you and harbours enmity” (Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, Hadith: 2386, Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 204, volume: 25, Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 1 pg. 406. Also see: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 3 pg. 116)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-13-2017, 04:52 AM
How many of us practice upon this hadith..?

greenhill
02-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Ooooh! interesting question... very interesting practice indeed!

I remember the first instance I came across this was in the story Cane and Abel ( a long time ago) ...

Thanks for the reminder.

:peace:

azc
02-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Tbh I find it hard to speak (let alone keeping cordial relation) to someone who, in case, keeps enmity with me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
02-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Hence why it is the highest form of charity, I suppose.

I don't think I could in all circumstances, but there are some that I think I could. An easiest example would be people whom I may have 'wronged' and as a result hate me.

You get the picture..

:peace:

Umm Abed
02-13-2017, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Tbh I find it hard to speak (let alone keeping cordial relation) to someone who, in case, keeps enmity with me
You seem very cautious in your relationship with others perhaps there was an issue that happened before, but nevertheless, it is always better to speak less, you can greet them and be friendly with a pleasant disposition still.

azc
02-13-2017, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
You seem very cautious in your relationship with others perhaps there was an issue that happened before, but nevertheless, it is always better to speak less, you can greet them and be friendly with a pleasant disposition still.
it's in my real life, not as a user of any forum. On forum I never take even slandering or bashing or bickering seriously.

noraina
02-13-2017, 04:54 PM
It is so difficult to practice upon subhanAllah.

Maybe I would find it easier to practice if I know I was at fault somehow, or there was a misunderstanding which I could address, or any other valid reason why someone might not be on good terms with me.

There are certain relatives who are very awkward, for no apparent reason, and it is hard not to dislike them, lol. However, being polite and courteous whenever meeting with them goes a long way, they can't complain about anything on your side. It's best not to feed the fire, if they're being rude, just quietly walk away.

I admit, I only apply that to someone older than me, if it is a cousin my own age, they get as good as they give - and I know I shouldn't do that.

It is hard however, to maintain that conduct a Muslim should have with others. In'sha'Allah, it's something we can all work on and improve.

M.I.A.
02-13-2017, 05:07 PM
I feel that way about most people.

i had a random guy walk in and give me a lecture about saying jazak allah.. he said he was lybian.

he said it and i didnt say anything in reply, he said. didnt you hear what i said?

i said thank you.. and he left..

today he came back and had his daughter with him. she wanted some sweets but he didnt have any money.. i will pay you tomorrow.

may allah increase you in baraka.

o_0

very strange.

cant wait for tomorrow eh?

oh it monday again "/ lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.