PDA

View Full Version : I'm just confused



Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 03:40 PM
I don't know how to identify the truth. I don't even know if I can be certain that my reason is true. How could I know the truth based on fact not sentiment?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
02-13-2017, 04:02 PM
the truth is subjective.

by which many are caused to be guided and many are caused to be misguided.

most people are already on a path..

there is no going back.

who do you get better and who do you get worse for?



knowledge is not power, application of knowledge is power.

if you want me slow.. i am slow.
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 04:09 PM
That means truth can only be accepted as truth by faith alone.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Your sentiments can lead u to the fact and then ultimate truth only when your sentiments are of divine and pure.....so the very first step you have to take is to purify your sentiments.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
M.I.A.
02-13-2017, 04:20 PM
i didnt get a word of that. o_0


you know, whatever...

you makes your choices, you takes your chances.
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
Your sentiments can lead u to the fact and then ultimate truth only when your sentiments are of divine and pure.....so the very first step you have to take is to purify your sentiments.
Yeah that's true. If you truly seek God, HE will find you in ways we won't expect
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
M.I.A r u pointing out my reply?
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
M.I.A r u pointing out my reply?
How can I purify my sentiment? Because I need some clarification in islam. Just some few basic questions. I don't know if you can help me, because u indeed understand what I'm talking about.
Reply

M.I.A.
02-13-2017, 04:42 PM
honestly i dont?

i had to google sentiment!

you know this is the joke,

this is the question you asked.. you know many people dont ask that question.

i dont think you need help just yet lol.
Reply

Serinity
02-13-2017, 04:44 PM
hey,

Everyone of our Journey is different. However:

In Islam it says to THINK and believe. Do not believe blindly, think and reason.

Anyways, use your mind / reason and think. But, do not cut off your heart. i.e. Use your mind to reason, etc. but do not "block" your heart.

you can say your mind is a kind of "anti Virus" that can prevent disbelief from entering. Only Allah can guide you. And Allah knows the contents of the heart.

So make lots of supplications to Allah (not Jesus) only God. Anyways, if you are confused, just keep making dua to Allah.

if you are confused on who Allah is, make dua to Allah, and seek to know Him. (Read Quran with the intention to get close to Allah)

In short, be honest, and try your best. Allah will definitely guide, In shaa' Allah, if you seek it.

Allah guides whomever He wills. But if you seek Allah (i.e. turns back to Him), then surely Allah will guide you.

Truth / Islam is not based on faith alone. Much of it is faith (believing in the unseen, etc.) but that is only because we know it is from Allah.

Anyways, may Allah guide us all. Ameen. :)

Put all of your questions here and we will, In shaa' Allah (God-willing), be able to answer you. And Allah :swt: knows best.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 04:53 PM
U can purify ur sentiments by detaching real from what is unreal.....the real thing is ur spiritual beauty that can only be gaing by giving up unreal....unreal thing is this world with all its attractions.....now plz listen carefully, every human being is designed in such a way that he is always feel attractions to this materialistic world so it is in his instinct to get attracted to a thing which appeals to his senses. And especially evil looks too much powerful to our instincs because all the evils have their physical counterparts in this world so we see them and involve ourselves in them....on the other hand human design also have a supreme conscience against evil instinct . This supreme conscience has no physical counterpart in this world like our evil instinct ..so the base of this supreme conscience is in spiritual world which we can't see with our naked eye. .now being a human being we believe more in what we see than what se can't see...that's why we always think about this materialistic world and always avoid spiritual world. ..the only way to see your spiritual world is not to think about materialism and try to make a balance in your life by not avoiding your spiritual needs and also by no completely detaching yourself from the obligations , duties and responsibilities of this world too..you should be involved in this world just to strengthen your spiritual world.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Be in touch to this world just for the sake of Allah. ..it will give strength to your spiritual world with all the purification of your heart and sentiments and leads you to the beauty of truth.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Yasmeen mujahid and nouman ali khan are well known Islamic scholars..I would like to recommend these names to you.their lectures will definitely help you to get out of your confusion.
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
hey,

Everyone of our Journey is different. However:

In Islam it says to THINK and believe. Do not believe blindly, think and reason.

Anyways, use your mind / reason and think. But, do not cut off your heart. i.e. Use your mind to reason, etc. but do not "block" your heart.

you can say your mind is a kind of "anti Virus" that can prevent disbelief from entering. Only Allah can guide you. And Allah knows the contents of the heart.

So make lots of supplications to Allah (not Jesus) only God. Anyways, if you are confused, just keep making dua to Allah.

if you are confused on who Allah is, make dua to Allah, and seek to know Him. (Read Quran with the intention to get close to Allah)

In short, be honest, and try your best. Allah will definitely guide, In shaa' Allah, if you seek it.

Allah guides whomever He wills. But if you seek Allah (i.e. turns back to Him), then surely Allah will guide you.

Truth / Islam is not based on faith alone. Much of it is faith (believing in the unseen, etc.) but that is only because we know it is from Allah.

Anyways, may Allah guide us all. Ameen. :)

Put all of your questions here and we will, In shaa' Allah (God-willing), be able to answer you. And Allah :swt: knows best.
Good, you indeed got the whole thing to the basics. So here goes my question what is the essence of Allah
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
Yasmeen mujahid and nouman ali khan are well known Islamic scholars..I would like to recommend these names to you.their lectures will definitely help you to get out of your confusion.
Thanks a lot I'm getting the picture now
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Good.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Mind u explaining your question about Allah?
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 06:01 PM
U have no need to put a question mark with the name of Allah .Allah will clarify his essence to you himself when he finds you sincere in your efforts as far as the search for Allah (God) is concerned.
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
U have no need to put a question mark with the name of Allah .Allah will clarify his essence to you himself when he finds you sincere in your efforts as far as the search for Allah (God) is concerned.
I have another question
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Explain your question
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
U have no need to put a question mark with the name of Allah .Allah will clarify his essence to you himself when he finds you sincere in your efforts as far as the search for Allah (God) is concerned.
The question is this; If we don't know Allah's true essence how then can we differentiate Allah from other false gods.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 06:07 PM
But I am feeling sleepy ..its too late.can we talk tomorrow.
Reply

muqaddas
02-13-2017, 06:08 PM
Good night.
Reply

Eric H
02-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Jacob Alozie; and welcome to the forum,

The Jews are God's chosen people, Christians are chosen by Christ, and in Islam, Allah chooses whom he wills. So first of all, we respond to God's calling.

The truth should always lead us towards compassion, mercy, kindness, forgiveness and love. the same God hears all our prayers, despite our differences.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
But I am feeling sleepy ..its too late.can we talk tomorrow.
No problem, just text once you are available
Reply

M.I.A.
02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jacob Alozie
The question is this; If we don't know Allah's true essence how then can we differentiate Allah from other false gods.
there is no such thing as a false god..

there is only guidance and misguidance.

its like an animal..

you either hold it by the leash or the tail..

where should i hold it from?


thats a very bad analogy lol.. but at the end of any path is the truth of it.


edit..

id probably just end up trading for a bag of magic beans.

and most people would just sell you off for a bag of cheese.
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Jacob Alozie; and welcome to the forum,

The Jews are God's chosen people, Christians are chosen by Christ, and in Islam, Allah chooses whom he wills. So first of all, we respond to God's calling.

The truth should always lead us towards compassion, mercy, kindness, forgiveness and love. the same God hears all our prayers, despite our differences.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Eric I love the way you presented your point but Judaism, Christianity and islam has different teachings how then can we know the truth if all of them differs in the most basic question of life whic is salvation from this world to eternity. Thanks for your contribution

Jacob.
Reply

Eric H
02-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Jacob Alozie;

Eric I love the way you presented your point but Judaism, Christianity and islam has different teachings how then can we know the truth if all of them differs in the most basic question of life whic is salvation from this world to eternity. Thanks for your contribution

Jacob.
Jacob my friend, there is no proof, we have to listen to God's calling. I have a great respect for our Muslim friends here, they seem to take prayer more seriously than most Christians do, they fast, give to charity, modesty is important to them, and they have many more qualities.

Salvation is a tricky question, we all claim to have a path to salvation through our faith. but man seems to complicate God's message. It would make sense if there was only 'One Christian Church' but there are many. It would make sense if there was only One Muslim Sect, but there are many, etc.

If I should achieve salvation, it will not be through my own efforts, rather it will be through the grace, mercy and forgiveness of God. I pray that people of all faiths and no faiths will also be shown this same grace, mercy and forgiveness.

And yes, I am a Christian.

God is beyond our understanding, and I believe that you will never look into eyes of anyone; who does not matter to God, despite all our differences.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Reply

Simple_Person
02-13-2017, 07:02 PM
I have read the other comments, with no disrespect, i did not really understand most of them. They are kind of abstract and is really hard for somebody to grab the meaning of something that is abstract.

Anyhow, i myself born a Muslim, turned in to a atheist and doing my own research based on logic, rationality and reason it brought me to Islam. As i have also experienced many of those things as being lost, not knowing what is what and keep on questioning and yet people giving me "it is what it is..and you have to accept it"..as how the world of today sort of functions. In other words, the world is full of thieves and liars and i just have to accept it and be part of them..so to say. I love philosophy and human psychology and everything in those categories told me that it doesn't make sense to be part of this corrupt world and my heart was very against this idea to be part of it.

My conclusion so far? Be honest, clean your heart of arrogance and ego be a student NOT a teacher. Ask questions to know not to criticize DO ask very critical questions but for the sake of wanting to know and to understand. However do not follow blindly. Your mind and heart must accept the answer. Many times people act like the teacher in the sense of ..i know how things truly are and everything that does not meet my level of intellect is by default false. This is completely wrong behavior as logically speaking no human being has all the knowledge. Also every human being is and will always be a student. Even a honest and GOOD teacher is still a student.

So honesty is in your heart. Be friendly to people..try always to smile and do not lie. If you see somebody fall..follow your instinct to want to help that individual. Or if you see somebody having difficulties with something whatever it may be try to help. Do not hear somebody talk, but listen what somebody is saying. Talk less and listen more. Nobody is less or more then you. A child can teach you something that you have forgotten or never have known. Listen even to a child ..knowledge is knowledge whatever the source might be. Why do i say these things as you might think this is normal human behavior. This is part of the human nature (in Islam Fitrah)..the CLEAR PURE human nature. Which makes you so to say more vulnerable for faith to enter the heart.

As my own experience when i became Muslim. After doing much research based on philosophy and psychology mostly i accepted everything about Islam, but i couldn't accept the concept of a Creator. However my heart was soft enough to let faith enter it. When somebody realizes that Islam is the truth..is always different. Mine was combination of the heart and the mind or in other words combination of subjectivity and objectivity.

How did my moment of realization come? When i accepted Islam to be the truth, but did not accept the concept of a Creator. One day 2-3 months later after i accepted Islam but not the concept of a Creator, i woke up in my bed. I ONLY thought of the word "Allah". I had NEVER been so calm in my entire life. It did not make sense, i mean i ONLY thought of the word "Allah"..just out of the blue. So the basic argument came up in my mind ..how come i have became SO calm as i have never experienced it before? I mean "Allah" was just a word right? So why did i never became so calm thinking about the word "laptop" or "house" or "door"..?? That was the moment that i accepted the concept of a Creator also. However after that i watched COUNTLESS hours of debates between Muslims and Christians ..Muslims and Atheists. I had debates with all kind of people.. i read a lot of things..i watched a lot of videos. Just like a sponge getting all the water.

Now almost 4 years later, i have come to know a lot of things thank God for that, but i have realized that the amount of knowledge that i posses is in my own words..if i would be on a small boat on the sea. The small amount of water that is touching my boat compared to all the water on this world is the amount of knowledge that i possess OR EVEN LESS. I mean i am ignorant compared to the amount of knowledge and wisdom that is available.. no ignorant is even to strong of a word. Even less than ignorant i would say. But what i do try to fight with myself is try to clean my heart of dishonesty. I try to be honest in searching for knowledge to want to know and understand. When i am corrected by a Muslim brother or a sister OR EVEN a person who is NOT a Muslim, i admit that i am wrong and thank that person for correcting me. Do not follow arrogance and ego.
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
I have read the other comments, with no disrespect, i did not really understand most of them. They are kind of abstract and is really hard for somebody to grab the meaning of something that is abstract.

Anyhow, i myself born a Muslim, turned in to a atheist and doing my own research based on logic, rationality and reason it brought me to Islam. As i have also experiences many of those things as being lost, not knowing what is what and keep on questioning and yet people giving me "it is what it is..and you have to accept it"..as how the world of today sort of functions. In other words, the world is full of thieves and liars and i just have to accept it and be part of them..so to say. I love philosophy and human psychology and everything in those categories told me that it doesn't make sense to be part of this corrupt world and my heart was very against this idea to be part of it.

My conclusion so far? Be honest, clean your heart of arrogance and ego be a student NOT a teacher. Ask questions to know not to criticize DO ask very critical questions but for the sake of wanting to know and to understand. However do not follow blindly. Your mind and heart must accept the answer. Many times people act like the teacher in the sense of ..i know how things truly are and everything that does not meet my level of intelligence is by default false. This is completely wrong behavior as logically speaking no human being has all the knowledge and is and will always be a student. Even a honest and GOOD teacher is still a student.

So honesty is in your heart. Be friendly to people..try always to smile and do not lie. If you see somebody fall..follow your instinct to want to help that individual. Or if you see somebody having difficulties with something whatever it may be try to help. Do not hear somebody talk, but listen what somebody is saying. Talk less and listen more. Nobody is less or more then you. A child can teach you something that you have forgotten or never have known. Listen even to a child ..knowledge is knowledge whatever the source might be. Why do i say these things as you might think this is normal human behavior. This is part of the human nature..the CLEAR PURE human nature. Which makes you so to say more vulnerable for faith to enter the heart.

As my own experience when i became Muslim. After doing much research based on philosophy and psychology mostly i accepted everything about Islam, but i couldn't accept the concept of a Creator. However my heart was soft enough to let faith enter it. When somebody realizes that Islam is the truth..is always different. Mine was combination of the heart and the mind or in other words combination of subjectivity and objectivity.

How did my moment of realization come? When i accepted Islam to be the truth, but did not accept the concept of a Creator. One day 2-3 months later after i accepted Islam but not the concept of a Creator, i woke up in my bed. I ONLY thought of the word "Allah". I had NEVER been so calm in my entire life. It did not make sense, i mean i ONLY thought of the word "Allah"..just out of the blue. So the basic argument came up in my mind ..how come i have became SO calm as i have never experienced it before? I mean "Allah" was just a word right? So why did i never became so calm thinking about the word "laptop" or "house" or "door"..?? That was the moment that i accepted the concept of a Creator also. However after that i watched COUNTLESS hours of debates between Muslims and Christians ..Muslims and Atheists. I had debates with all kind of people.. i read a lot of things..i watched a lot of videos. Just like a sponge getting all the water.

Now almost 4 years later, i have come to know a lot of things thank God for that, but i have realized that the amount of knowledge that i posses is in my own words..if i would be on a small boat on the sea. The small amount of water that is touching my boat compared to all the water on this world is the amount of knowledge that i possess OR EVEN LESS. I mean i am ignorant compared to the amount of knowledge and wisdom that is available.. no ignorant is even to strong of a word. Even less than ignorant i would say. But what i do try to fight with myself is try to clean my heart of dishonesty. I try to be honest in searching for knowledge to want to know and understand. When i am corrected by a Muslim brother or a sister OR EVEN a person who is NOT a Muslim, i admit that i am wrong and thank that person for correcting me. Do not follow arrogance and ego.
That's 100% true. If you seek God with your whole heart you will find Him. but the problem is the false teachers that want to lead us away from the truth. How can we identify someone that wants to lead us away from the truth?
Reply

M.I.A.
02-13-2017, 07:33 PM
at one time i thought i saw everything.. and that was normality.

and then i came to the realisation i only see what you want me to see..and that was submission.

and now i am only aware of those that disrupt my vision..and this is hell.

T_T


...what do you think? i just made that up.

quite obviously awesome.

although i should have prayed more.
Reply

Simple_Person
02-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jacob Alozie
That's 100% true. If you seek God with your whole heart you will find Him. but the problem is the false teachers that want to lead us away from the truth. How can we identify someone that wants to lead us away from the truth?
Just use your mind. Lies cannot win against logic, rationality and reason. As i already have said..ask your question whatever that might be and God willing it can be answered.
Reply

muqaddas
02-14-2017, 03:11 AM
The voice of your mind heart and conscience will certainly give u a signal about right and wrong.
Reply

azc
02-14-2017, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
The voice of your mind heart and conscience will certainly give u a signal about right and wrong.
and the truth seeker should ask God for right path as well
Reply

muqaddas
02-14-2017, 07:58 AM
No doubt
Reply

Eric H
02-14-2017, 08:49 AM
Gretings and peace be with you Jacob Alozie;

how then can we differentiate Allah from other false gods.
We all worship the 'One True God' who created the universe and life.

Then we have idol worship, that is anything that is more important to us than God. So, if I have a really hot girlfriend, and she becomes the centre of my attention, she is then my false idol. If I split up from my hot girlfriend, and all I can think about is her, she is still my false idol, or false god, because she becomes more important than God.

False gods are our sins that separate us from God the Creator, lust, power, pride, anger jealousy, etc. When we sin, we do not put God first. If you look up the 99 names of Allah, they are about compassion, forgiveness, love, mercy, justice, all these things lead to truth. I believe truth is when we put God first, our neighbour second and ourselves last, this seems to go against human nature. In fact human nature seems to favour selfish things, because we are worth it.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Reply

Simple_Person
02-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
We all worship the 'One True God' who created the universe and life.

Then we have idol worship, that is anything that is more important to us than God. So, if I have a really hot girlfriend, and she becomes the centre of my attention, she is then my false idol. If I split up from my hot girlfriend, and all I can think about is her, she is still my false idol, or false god, because she becomes more important than God.

False gods are our sins that separate us from God the Creator, lust, power, pride, anger jealousy, etc. When we sin, we do not put God first. If you look up the 99 names of Allah, they are about compassion, forgiveness, love, mercy, justice, all these things lead to truth. I believe truth is when we put God first, our neighbour second and ourselves last, this seems to go against human nature. In fact human nature seems to favour selfish things, because we are worth it.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Brother, I see based on what i see at your profile on the left..that you are part of this community since 2005. Yet you still are a Christian. I have the feeling that you haven't answered the core question(s) to yourself. What i mean by this, what makes Islam truth or falsehood? Logically speaking, if Muslims CLAIM that a LAST prophet has appeared in the lines of prophets, would mean you should also follow the last prophet. If you say i do believe that Muhammad was the last prophet, then still something is missing or else you would have followed his teachings. A messenger is NOTHING more than a teacher. A teacher is one who teaches you something that will benefit you or remind you of something that you forgot.

Yet i see that you have stayed a Christian. Please do not THINK i am suggesting that you will go to hell or not go to hell, i am not even sure if i would go to heaven so i am NO position to say who goes to heaven or who goes to hell.

My argument is SOLELY based on following the teachings of the last prophet in the lines of prophets. As following the last prophet, you automatically also acknowledge the previous prophets but for example staying a Jew or Christian despite having heard of the last prophet and his message, means you do not acknowledge the other prophet(s) (Jesus and Muhammad in case of Jews) (Muhammad in case of Christians). So logically speaking, if you MIGHT NOT believe in a Day of Judgement, doesn't mean a Day of Judgement doesn't exist. So if the Day of Judgement begins, there will be a argument against you why you haven't followed the teachings of the last prophet? What is your argument then? As Qur'an and all the hadith are available and also truth will surely be clear from falsehood.

You do not have to answer these questions to me, but answer those questions to yourself. As in life, we have no certainty when we die and when we do die, there is no way back. Better follow a path of certainty, instead of regretting it later on.

Peace.
Reply

Eric H
02-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Simple_Person;

Yet i see that you have stayed a Christian.
God is beyond my understanding, I sense that you are a devout Muslim, and you will probably go to your grave being a devout Muslim. Now I ask myself, did God make a mistake when he chose you to be a Muslim? And I believe that God does not make mistakes. So if I want to make you a Christian, not only would I have to fight against your beliefs, but I would have to fight against God, because God has chosen you to be a wonderful Muslim.

Religion is beyond my understanding, there is only 'One Jesus' so there should only be one Christian religion, but there are thousands. There is only 'One Prophet Muhammad pbuh' so there should only be 'One Islam'.

What I try and make sense of is there is only 'One God', so despite all our differences, the same God hears all our prayers, we are all a part of the same creation of the same 'One God'. God is greater than the sum of all the religions of the world put together. Somehow, I have to look on you as my brother, despite our differences. You will never look into the eyes of anyone; who does not matter to God.

I believe that truth leads to justice for the poor and oppressed, through compassion, kindness, justice, mercy and forgiveness. These virtues will lead us closer to our God.

Truth becomes more powerful when we use it to try and change ourselves, rather than to change other people to my beliefs.

Please do not THINK i am suggesting that you will go to hell or not go to hell, i am not even sure if i would go to heaven so i am NO position to say who goes to heaven or who goes to hell.
We should pray for each other that we might all have salvation, despite our differences. We cannot change God, but we can soften our own hearts.

May you and those you love and care for be blessed, and may you be a blessing to those you meet.

Eric
Reply

Simple_Person
02-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Simple_Person;



God is beyond my understanding, I sense that you are a devout Muslim, and you will probably go to your grave being a devout Muslim. Now I ask myself, did God make a mistake when he chose you to be a Muslim? And I believe that God does not make mistakes. So if I want to make you a Christian, not only would I have to fight against your beliefs, but I would have to fight against God, because God has chosen you to be a wonderful Muslim.

Religion is beyond my understanding, there is only 'One Jesus' so there should only be one Christian religion, but there are thousands. There is only 'One Prophet Muhammad pbuh' so there should only be 'One Islam'.

What I try and make sense of is there is only 'One God', so despite all our differences, the same God hears all our prayers, we are all a part of the same creation of the same 'One God'. God is greater than the sum of all the religions of the world put together. Somehow, I have to look on you as my brother, despite our differences. You will never look into the eyes of anyone; who does not matter to God.

I believe that truth leads to justice for the poor and oppressed, through compassion, kindness, justice, mercy and forgiveness. These virtues will lead us closer to our God.

Truth becomes more powerful when we use it to try and change ourselves, rather than to change other people to my beliefs.



We should pray for each other that we might all have salvation, despite our differences. We cannot change God, but we can soften our own hearts.

May you and those you love and care for be blessed, and may you be a blessing to those you meet.

Eric
Brother, a believe is based on something. For example, you BELIEVE that every human needs sunlight. This BELIEVE is based on scientific facts of needing Vitamine D but also you may have experienced it yourself. So your believe system is based on something. However this something what your believe system is based on, should be as objective as possible.

You say that God made me a Muslim. No i CHOOSE to be a Muslim. God only opened the door for me to become Muslim. Why God opened my door is something else. I can also choose to NOT be a Muslim, but rather follow Christianity.

However my believe-system is based on a tool that God gave me to use. That is my brain. I ask questions. Questions are the result of using your brain. As long as the answers do not meet logic, rationality and reason, my brain cannot accept those questions to be the truth.

I have done my research and i saw contradictions in Christianity (with all dew respect) and Judaism as other religions. However i did not see in Islam. Based on that, i accepted Islam as the truth and because of my honesty (according to my humble opinion) is that God opened the door for me to become Muslim. So my believe system is based on logic, rationality, reason and scientific facts/evidence.

So the questions is, if you see contradictions based on logic, rationality and reason based on what do you still believe that way you are walking is the truth? I mean if you still say no i believe based on ..my heart..that is called blind believe. Or with other words you are saying.."Thanks God, but it was a waste of your time and creation to give me a brain as i will not be using it". This blind believe sadly also exists with many Muslims. For example many have questions about certain things but other Muslims say.."how can you ask such a question", while in this day and age many questions can be answered based on logic, rationality and reason. Islam is not shy of questions. For the questions that we do not know, then we indeed say God knows best. As an example..what is soul? What is soul made of? This knowledge we do not posses and it may even be why we do not possess this knowledge because we cannot process this knowledge as it would go beyond our limitations.

About brotherhood. We all are children of Adam. So if we are not brothers through blood or religion, FOR SURE in humanity. This you have to respect each other despite having different views. However you want to

So there is much more than what meets the eye. It is not all simple believe in something i will end up good. Also, there is no guarantee i will stay Muslim till my grave. That is why Muslims always supplicate to God to make them firm in their religion and to hold them on the straight path.

So my advice is, be critical and ask critical questions and be honest in wanting to know. Many times people tend to find clues or evidence to meet what THEY think of what God is. While that is the wrong approach. The right approach is, look at the clues and evidence and those things will tell you what God is. Like for example, when somebody has been killed. You do not search for clues and evidence to brand John Doe as the killer, rather you look at the clues and evidence and those can say that Jane Doe was the killer. Same thing with religion. Look what exists and based on logic, rationality and reason, it will bring you automatically to the right religion..whatever that might be.

Peace
Reply

aaj
02-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
Yasmeen mujahid and nouman ali khan are well known Islamic scholars..I would like to recommend these names to you.their lectures will definitely help you to get out of your confusion.
They are dae (missionaries) not scholars. And I would advise against listening to Khan, he's knowledge is questionable.

Mufti Menk is a lot more reliable.
Reply

muqaddas
02-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Sorry to say but I am not prejudiced for him ..coz his teachings and teaching methods both are the need of the day. His teachings are not in contradiction with quran and sunna.and I think I am mature enough to make a difference between the right and the wrong. His style of teaching appeals not only to mind but also to heart.
Reply

muqaddas
02-14-2017, 04:55 PM
I have listened a lot of scholars but my heart listens a very few . Brother Nouman ali khan and sister yasmeen mujahid are among them.
Reply

muqaddas
02-14-2017, 04:59 PM
Another personality is of Molana Tariq jamil.his teachings are also unbiased and unprejudiced and based only on love...for Allah his prophet and his creatures.
Reply

Eric H
02-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Simple_Person;

However this something what your believe system is based on, should be as objective as possible.
hmmmm

You say that God made me a Muslim. No i CHOOSE to be a Muslim. God only opened the door for me to become Muslim. Why God opened my door is something else.
If God had not opened the door first, then you would not be a Muslim.

I can also choose to NOT be a Muslim, but rather follow Christianity.
But God did not open the door of Christianity to you, the Christian faith makes no sense to you.

I came to this forum nearly twelve years ago, not to convert anyone, or to be converted myself, rather I came in the hope of finding some ground for greater interfaith relations. God opened the door to Christianity in very profound ways for me, I do not want to go into detail on a Muslim forum, as this would be against forum rules.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Reply

Simple_Person
02-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Simple_Person;



hmmmm



If God had not opened the door first, then you would not be a Muslim.



But God did not open the door of Christianity to you, the Christian faith makes no sense to you.

I came to this forum nearly twelve years ago, not to convert anyone, or to be converted myself, rather I came in the hope of finding some ground for greater interfaith relations. God opened the door to Christianity in very profound ways for me, I do not want to go into detail on a Muslim forum, as this would be against forum rules.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
In the Qur'an it is written on many places this.

"...And Allah guides whom He wills..." Qur'an 24:46
"...and guides whom He wills..." Qur'an 35:8

And more places.

Now think with me. We are going to follow a path of logic, rationality and reason. PURE AND ONLY this path. When for example i am a millionaire and you say brother, to whom do you give money? My answer being, i give money to whom i want to give. This would be the same principle right? as what in the Qur'an is stated. What does this say? It says, there must be some criteria i follow and then give money to a individual. If you later on say, what are the people that you give money to then? I then give you the criteria for example as. I give money to people who are poor, but NOT arrogant. I also give money to people who are honest and want to start a business. You then understand that my criteria is "People who are poor, but not arrogant" and "people who are honest and want to start a business".

So now looking at those parts of those verses of "Guides whom He wills", there MUST be a criteria. To my knowledge and experience and opinion is honesty part of this criteria. So for example some people are honest, but NEVER search for the truth, so if they never bothered for searching what the truth is.."why" should the Creator give them..if they are not even searching for it right? One could say "Yeah but why does God not give those people STILL the guidance?" Have you ever spoken with somebody who is not Christian or Muslim or Jew..but atheist. They brush you off as if you are bothering them. While what you try to convey is something beneficial for them, YET they brush it off as GET LOST..NOT INTERESTED!! Or some people search, but are dishonest. For example, you would say to an atheist..look around you how can all this exist without something creating it. How can all this balance come out of nothing? They agree with you that it is absurd that something as complicated as a cell can become like that just because of "chance"..yet they do not want to admit it (dishonest) and still do not agree with you.

So the door that i was talking about is filling up the heart with faith. That i came to Islam is again like i said based on objective findings. All based on logic, rationality and reason. My ONLY objection back then was that i couldn't accept this whole concept of a Creator, but even that was filled (although this was a personal (subjective) experience). However now almost 4 years later, i have pondered about a lot of things and the concept of a Creator can be even explained and has a solid basis based on logic, rationality, reason and evidence.

Why i do not follow Christianity is as following. My mind says it doesn't make sense some of the things, my heart says i am too honest and i agree with the mind that it doesn't make sense. The heart and the mind are connected. A certain balance exists. When this balance loses it's way you either become blind for faith(heart is closed, the mind is open) or either become blindly faithful (heart is fully open but the mind is closed). In the case of heart being closed, you also become dishonest. As many times you see with atheist it is no longer a discussion to pursue the truth, but they want to "win" the discussion (arrogance and ego). When your heart is fully open but your mind is closed and somebody brings you a scientific proof for something you reject it as it might go against your religion. Like putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and starting speaking out loud so you absolutely not hear what that individual is trying to show to you as proof. As you can see and conclude yourself, both the cases are wrong and not balanced. You need the mind for sure but also the heart definitely. As my own experience with all kind of discussions with people of all kind of religions, i have come to conclude that atheist their hearts are closed and Christians for example their mind has closed (no offense), just my observation based on my discussion and all kind of debates.

That is why i said, look at the evidence that is available using your mind to analyse it and it will bring you to the true religion so to say. Then is the question off course, are you honest enough to indeed accept this outcome? Or not. When somebody KNOWS after doing their research and coming to Islam as the truth but do not follow it. This is what a "kaffir" is. He knows it is the truth, but he rejects it. So a person who has NEVER heard of Islam or what Islam exactly stands for is NOT a "kaffir", as maybe that person still may believe in 1 God and believing in 1 God and dying in that state still enter in paradise in Islam.

I have absolutely NO intention to "convert" you whatsoever. I only love intellectual discussion based on respectful treatment of each other and their perspective. Have a critical view based on something is not a insult. It could be that that critical view is misplaced and as a respectful individual one must acknowledge his misunderstanding and correct it in the future. A insult would be to say Person X is blblabl..without any real argument why or based on nothing.

I agree however with you that Christians and Muslims must seek the common ground as we for example both have much in common to fight against side by side. As an example the whole LGBT agenda.

Peace
Reply

aaj
02-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by muqaddas
His teachings are not in contradiction with quran and sunna.and I think I am mature enough to make a difference between the right and the wrong. .
I don't think you have enough knowledge to know the difference between being taught truth vs falsehood. Look up his poking shahaba lies.

Originally Posted by muqaddas
Another personality is of Molana Tariq jamil.his teachings are also unbiased and unprejudiced and based only on love...for Allah his prophet and his creatures.
Another weak speaker to listen to. why are people listening to such weak and deceptive speakers these days?
Reply

Jacob Alozie
02-14-2017, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Gretings and peace be with you Jacob Alozie;



We all worship the 'One True God' who created the universe and life.

Then we have idol worship, that is anything that is more important to us than God. So, if I have a really hot girlfriend, and she becomes the centre of my attention, she is then my false idol. If I split up from my hot girlfriend, and all I can think about is her, she is still my false idol, or false god, because she becomes more important than God.

False gods are our sins that separate us from God the Creator, lust, power, pride, anger jealousy, etc. When we sin, we do not put God first. If you look up the 99 names of Allah, they are about compassion, forgiveness, love, mercy, justice, all these things lead to truth. I believe truth is when we put God first, our neighbour second and ourselves last, this seems to go against human nature. In fact human nature seems to favour selfish things, because we are worth it.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric
Ah Eric that means you haven't really tour the world to realise that there are spiritual forces in existence. I have seen and witness some of them and also heard from eyewitness but what makes them different is that they always have carved image to represent the god (demon). But gods (demons) can tell you your problem and present a solution for you. So should a Muslim believe the solutions they present or are they false. if you accept there solutions those that mean you are worshipping an idol??
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 07:35 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 03:01 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
  5. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!