02-14-2017, 12:02 AM
Who is Nicephore?

Good brother
02-14-2017, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Who is Nicephore?
Salam alaikum

According to wikipedia
Nikephoros I or Nicephorus I, also logothetēs tou genikou (Greek: Νικηφόρος Α΄, Nikēphoros I, "Bringer of Victory"; died July 26, 811), was Byzantine Emperor from 802 to 811 AD, when he was killed in the Battle of Pliska.

In 811 Nikephoros invaded Bulgaria, defeated Krum twice, and sacked the Bulgarian capital Pliska; however, during Nikephoros' retreat, the Byzantine army was ambushed and destroyed in the mountain passes on July 26 by Krum. Nikephoros was captured during the battle and sent to Pliska, where Krum ordered his decaptitation. Krum is said to have made a drinking-cup of Nikephoros' skull.

Harun ar-Raschid invaded the Byzantium empire before he became caliph, and he extracted tribute from Empress Irene, who paid it under a peace treaty. When she was deposed, her usurper, Nikephoros I Logothetes, rejected her treaty, and wrote to Harun ar-Raschid:

From Nikephoros, the King of Romans, to Ar-Raschid the King of the Arabs, as follows: That woman put you and your father and your brother in the place of kings and put herself i the place of a commoner. I put you in a different place and am preparing to invade your lands and attack your cities, unless you repay me what that woman paid you. Farewell!
Khalifa Harun was so incensed, he wrote the following letter:
In the name of God, the Merciful and the Compassionate, from the servant of God, Harun, Commander of the Faithful, to Nikephoros, the dog of the Romans, as follows: I have understood your letter, and I have your answer. You will see it with your own eyes, not hear it.
https://beyondvictoriana.com/2010/05...by-jaymee-goh/

M.I.A.
02-14-2017, 02:20 PM
man if i ever wrote a reply like that id get my ass kicked..

although i dont talk to women o_0

dirty diana was an awesome song.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-14-2017, 03:05 PM
Bro you got the wrong end of the stick... again :D

Scimi

AhmedGassama
02-14-2017, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Bro you got the wrong end of the stick... again :D

Scimi
What do you mean ? The Islamic Board sign ?

Scimitar
02-14-2017, 07:34 PM
not you, M.I.A lol

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.