/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about valentines day

ak0016
02-14-2017, 06:00 AM
Is saying happy valentines day or giving something or gift to someone haram.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-14-2017, 09:34 AM
https://www.islamicboard.com/general...ne#post2948963

It´s good to make a search before post your question as you may find same or similar posts already posted and answered.

azc
02-14-2017, 10:23 AM
It's better to abstain from all such activities as open the gate of deviation

Scimitar
02-14-2017, 03:16 PM
SO last night, I was outside my house and saw the moon - full and beautiful. And I was reminded of the ahadeeth:

It is related from Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: “I once saw the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) on the night of a full moon. On that night he wore red (striped) clothing. At times I looked at the full moon and at times at the messenger of Allah. Ultimately I came to the conclusion that the messenger of Allah was more handsome, beautiful and more radiant than the full moon.

and

Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) reports: “The messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was neither tall nor was he short. In complexion, he was he was neither very white like lime, nor very dark, nor brown which results in darkness
(he was illuminant, more luminous than even the full-moon on the 14th night)

Which got me thinking - Last night was the 14th night - the eve of Valentines, and my beloved prophet is more radiant than the Valentine Moon.

Allahu Akbar

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sadat110
02-14-2017, 06:19 PM
:sl:

yes it Has Problem , Don't Use this Day Between Muslims.

noraina
02-14-2017, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
SO last night, I was outside my house and saw the moon - full and beautiful. And I was reminded of the ahadeeth:

It is related from Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: “I once saw the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) on the night of a full moon. On that night he wore red (striped) clothing. At times I looked at the full moon and at times at the messenger of Allah. Ultimately I came to the conclusion that the messenger of Allah was more handsome, beautiful and more radiant than the full moon.

and

Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) reports: “The messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was neither tall nor was he short. In complexion, he was he was neither very white like lime, nor very dark, nor brown which results in darkness
(he was illuminant, more luminous than even the full-moon on the 14th night)

Which got me thinking - Last night was the 14th night - the eve of Valentines, and my beloved prophet is more radiant than the Valentine Moon.

Allahu Akbar

Scimi
SubhanAllah....I was just taking about this hadith the other day.

Our beloved Prophet :saws: was the best of creation, more radiant than the full Moon....I just love that hadith so much. I smile every time I read it.

:jz:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-14-2017, 10:37 PM
“Saint Valentine’s Day”, commonly known as “Valentine’s Day” is a holiday of the Kuffaar celebrated on the 14th of February every year.

“Valentine’s Day” began as a liturgical celebration of one or more Christian “Saints” whose name was Valentinus. The most popular myth with regards to this satanic day of “Valentine” is that associated with one “Saint Valentine”, who was imprisoned for performing weddings for Roman soldiers who were forbidden to marry.

During the imprisonment of this Valentinus, he is said to have healed the daughter of his jailer, whose name was “Asterius”.

According to the Christian Kaafir legends, before his death he wrote “from your Valentine” as a final Haraam act to this daughter of Asterius.

“Valentine’s Day” is an official feast day in the Anglican Communion as well as in the Lutheran Church.

This holiday based on Zinaa has got absolutely nothing to do with Islaam and the Muslimeen, and it is Haraam for any Muslim to imitate the enemies of Allaah Ta`aalaa by celebrating it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.