/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Optimism in Islam

YahyaAE
02-15-2017, 06:23 AM
I regularly post links to videos from this channel because I believe when it comes to matters of the Deen, we have an online culture of passive aggressiveness, where we try to guilt people into becoming better Muslims by pointing out all of the negative consequences of our weak/bad actions. To me this can be both negative and positive, as it may bring people closer to Allah, but it may also push those away.

Really Islam is a beautiful religion and there shouldn't be any negative consequences, if it is taught correctly and in moderation.

Not enough is done to emphasise the positive aspects of the faith, as you can only scare someone so much about Hell Fire, before they become numb to it. So the videos I share are about the positive life affirming aspects about Islam: Being optimistic in difficult times. Hopeful about your dreams and ambitions for both the hereafter and this world etc etc...

https://youtu.be/eUelUA7lczk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Quite a short one.. and simply put.

Thank you

:peace:

M.I.A.
02-15-2017, 12:43 PM
well this is the joke, i quiet possibly remember a description of judgement day..

where people will run from each other.. even the people they are closest too.

imo its because people will be like those OP described..

and others still worse, the kind of people that would subjugate you with the worst of your understanding.. even though its your personal truth.

not sure who brings news that you would rather hear..

or what benefit it would be to a world unaware..

i have no idea who loses in the long run..

very hard not to become passively aggressive.

i used to be popular at one time o_0

god, optimism seems like a superpower sometimes.

...hold that thought and you may actually learn to fly.

loosely paraphrased (peter pan)

sister herb
02-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Optimism = that we read posts of M.I.A. years after years although we do not understand them much of anything. But we continue reading as we believe at one day... we can get it out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
02-15-2017, 01:15 PM
:|

well, everything is only for a time lol.

greenhill
02-15-2017, 03:05 PM
You are very funny sister herb!

So apt! I mostly get M.I.A. but there are those moments and sentences that I cannot grasp. One day it shall all be apparent.

:peace:

M.I.A.
02-15-2017, 04:09 PM
i feel like that old Chinese man with a long white beard (dont you love stereotypes) sat on a rock.

...oooh...aaah... this yoda like inspiration almost draws interest.

i dont know how long iv sat here but i guess i always tell you how uncomfortable it was.

:p

ancient proverb says.. dont ever get stuck between a rock and a hard place.

optimism is hoping for a cusion or hoping they wont need one.

...maybe thats why he was called the comforter pbuh.

maybe not?

edit edit edit edit...

m.i.a. is the equivalent of button mashing on a fighting game..

in between getting my ass kicked someone might ask.. uh...mm.. how did you do that?

YahyaAE
02-18-2017, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
optimism seems like a superpower sometimes.
This is actually a really good quote.

M.I.A.
02-18-2017, 11:12 AM
yep.. common sense is also a superpower..

because its really rare? im sorry iv seen some things in my time..

although you know what they say.. one mans hero is anothers villain..

or something like that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.