View Full Version : Can we recite quran on bed

sabazaz
02-22-2017, 03:29 AM
Salam All!!
Can we recite Quran Kareem on bed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-22-2017, 04:47 AM
Yes, why not...... What is the doubt you see..?

strivingobserver98
02-23-2017, 04:59 PM
:sl:

Hope your well sis, ignore the rude above poster :)

"There is nothing wrong with reading from the Mus-haf whilst lying down.

Al-Bukhaari (7549) and Muslim (301) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to lie in ‘Aa’ishah’s lap and recite Qur’aan.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Sharh Saheeh Muslim:

This indicates that it is permissible to read Qur’aan when reclining and lying down. "
https://islamqa.info/en/124657

sabazaz
02-24-2017, 05:20 AM
I was just concerned because once my MIL forbade me because according to her . Husband and wife sleep on bed n they do make love so it's not good to recite quran on bed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-24-2017, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabazaz
I was just concerned because once my MIL forbade me because according to her . Husband and wife sleep on bed n they do make love so it's not good to recite quran on bed
Assalamualaikum, sister.

What your MIL said is based on cultural etiquette. In my place recite Qur'an while sitting on bed is okay. But recite (not just reading) Qur'an while lying on bed, on sofa, on carpet, considered as less-appropriate.

My advice. If your MIL told you to not recite Qur'an on bed, just choose to recite Qur'an on chair or on carpet. No need to argue her. Try to respect cultural etiquette.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.