/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American Muslims raising money to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery

Eric H
02-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

After the desecration of a Jewish cemetery in St. Louis over the long holiday weekend, an incident in which more than 150 headstones were toppled or damaged, two American Muslim activists started a fundraiser to help pay for needed repairs.

“Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate, desecration, and violence in America,” the fundraising page on the site LaunchingGood reads. “We pray that this restores a sense of security and peace to the Jewish-American community who has undoubtedly been shaken by this event.”

Within a few hours of going up Tuesday afternoon, the page had exceeded its goal of raising $20,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.56f2b5996dd3

In the spirit of bringing glory to 'One God'

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
02-22-2017, 10:30 PM
:sl:

Some may wonder on my LIKE for this post

Noble Quran 99:7 '' So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it "

GodIsAll
02-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Kindly and noble gesture.
Thanks for sharing, Eric .

Eric H
02-23-2017, 07:52 AM
Greetings and peace be with you GodIsAll;

Kindly and noble gesture.
I always find it uplifting, when people benefit from interfaith relations.

A couple of weeks ago, I went into a mosque for the first time, and a very kind Muslim man gave up a couple of hours of his time, to show me around and talk about his faith. He talked about the time a beggar was asking him for money, and he said he does not give money, but if the man is hungry, then he will buy him some food.

As they walked together to the shop, the beggar started to swear about Muslims, and he became offensive. The Muslim man listened to all the abuse, and brought him some food. He then said to the beggar, it is because I am a Muslim, that I have brought you this food.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
02-23-2017, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl:

Some may wonder on my LIKE for this post

Noble Quran 99:7 '' So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it "
An atom, you can not see (distinguish with th eye) so even the good which you do whom none knows except Allah, and nor you know, you will see it. Is this a valid interpretation??

Anyways, I respect the Muslims who did it. it is utterly disgusting what they have done (the ones who vandalised the cemetery) can't help but think they are crazy.

Requires no respect for human life.. Allahu alam tho.

Astaghfirullah

talibilm
02-23-2017, 09:00 AM
Yes Bro Serenity , it may mean so , Allah 's scales are very precise and Allah is All careful taker of accounts as per the Noble Quran .

From a hadith we come to know that a jannati will enter a jannah which is much more beautiful and fragrant than his jannah and he will ask the Angels that the owner of this jannah could have done much more better amal than his. it will be replied that this jannati had done equal aamal to him but had said just ONE more tasbih than him for which is the better reward ,subhanallah.

Allahu aalam.

noraina
02-23-2017, 11:22 AM
It was lovely reading this, thank you for sharing the story.

And honestly shame on those people who vandalised the cemetery like that, utterly no respect or consideration for those who have passed on or the pain it would cause their loved ones.

Things like this just show that despite whatever is going on in this world, humanity and compassion will always prevail in'sha'Allah.

Serinity
02-23-2017, 11:53 AM
I know I'd be pretty mad if a cemetery got vandalised and my grandpa or grandpa's grave was there.

Plainly unacceptable.

ardianto
02-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Greeting and peace be with you, Eric H

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, religion should not become the barrier for kindness. But should become the barrier for evil and injustice.

GodIsAll
02-25-2017, 03:28 AM
Well said, my friend.

GodIsAll
02-25-2017, 03:29 AM
Eric,
You have always taken the high road in interfaith dialogue. If we could, from all faiths, do as you've done, it would be a more serene world.
All readers, from every faith, should take note.

_E_3
02-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Am so happy to read about the money raised for the Jewish cemetery they have shown respect to the dead of another faith and its a positive step for jewish and Muslim community
but one thing i'd like to add is that people who disrespect the dead will one day be dead themselves its one way of going to the hell fires no matter what faith they maybe most likely it was done by teens who have nothing to do and thought this would be fun they dont see how this could affect the families of the dead they dont seem to care at all its very sad

cinnamonrolls1
05-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Yay! This is the kind of stuff i like to hear about Muslims! Well done on helping our Jewish brothers and sisters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.