/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Khutbah

S.Ali786
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Salams

Does anyone have the English translation for the Khutbah? It would be nice to know.

Jazak'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Simple_Person
02-24-2017, 04:30 PM
Why not search youtube for English khutba's?

for example..this one..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczXHud7Ngc

shahinmubarak
03-03-2017, 11:04 AM
did khutbah be strictly in arabic.

Simple_Person
03-03-2017, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shahinmubarak
did khutbah be strictly in arabic.
I have never heard of such a thing nor any logical or rational explanation that it MUST be in Arabic. Looking from a logical and rational perspective, i can ONLY conclude that was being said during the khutbah is for the benefit of the people there listening. So if you have 2 people there speaking Arabic, while the rest for example speaks only English and other languages..while being in London..it kind of defeats the purpose of a khutbah i would argue. Although you MUST still be present even if it is in Arabic language and you find no other mosques to attend that do speak English.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
03-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Only the last part of the Qutbah is in Arabic, far as I know. Those who attend before that should usually be witness to a sermon in the popular language of the locality.

Maybe bro Huzaifah Ibn Adam can clarify in greater detail for us in sha Allah.

Scimi

azc
03-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Sahba ikram RA and tabi'in rh conquered other lands where people spoke non-Arabic language but I didn't read in any book of history or seerah of sahaba ikram RA or tabi'in that they delivered the khutba of Friday in local language....

azc
03-03-2017, 04:53 PM
A good article on this topic: http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/khutar.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.