/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the ruling on PAYING interest? (dental work needed)

anonymous
02-25-2017, 03:28 PM
I don't know if riba is both earning money from interest and also paying extra money due to interest but I have A LOT of dental work I need done and the prices in the USA are incredibly inflated. I had 2 teeth extracted due to an infection and I have several teeth that need to be worked on. I was also told I have periodontal disease, which freaked me out. Overall, they want AT LEAST $17,500. They gave me an option to make payments of $700-800/month for 2 years in order to avoid paying interest. The other option was that the minimum I could pay a month was $400/month for 5 years, but that would include interest which would put the total amount to around $25,000. That is way too much money. I thought about getting work done outside the country but, the procedure for installing implants is very long, so I don't know if that is an option.

If I don't get the gum disease under control, it will progressively get worse and do some serious permanent damage. Dental insurance here is a joke if you need serious work done, so that's out of the picture. The only other "affordable" option outside of leaving the country would be to make small payments with interest. I've read around the internet about going to dental schools and having students work on my teeth but, that would not work well for implant related work because of time constraints. Also, the work is not guaranteed in those situations.

So going back to the main point of this thread, is there a ruling against PAYING interest?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
02-25-2017, 05:13 PM

yeah i dont think interest is the problem with society.

..sort of like the ultimate missing the wood for the trees moment.

we are done for.

...should have been a dentist.

no im kiddding.

but seriously.. 15k!!

..what...did they replace them with diamonds or something?

dude i got an idea...

take a holiday.. visit a foreign dentist..

get some diamond teeth put in.

come back home and buy a new car.

job done.

honestly.. people dont know what interest is anymore.

also is it just me or is the forum a bit messed at the moment.. the writing thing is not showing on the screen.

...ok i actually read your post fully after the rage had subsided.

i would seriously think about finding alternatives.. maybe talk to a doctor or other health professional ser what they can reccommend..

no spellcheck..

consider the holiday also.

25k!!

...thats like.. twice as much! literally the definition of.

we need more ethical dentists in the field!!!

if such a thing is possible...

and so...

should have been a dentist.

cos you cant change the system from the outside.

i am 100% sure you could get a better quote if you do some serious googlin.

i dropped my eliquid and burnt my coil "/

..nice

azc
02-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Consult a scholar......

anonymous
02-25-2017, 08:24 PM
In the US, there aren't very many alternatives. Dental work is outrageously high compared to the rest of the world. Unfortunately for me, the implants are for medical reasons, not cosmetic, but no insurance wants to cover that for whatever reason. Leaving the country is an alternative. I have family in the middle east, but the procedure to get implants takes months (healing and all). I'd have to quit my job. Although the cost ratio between the US and the ME is like 100:1 so I'd be saving thousands of dollars. The only reason why I'm not doing that is for the sake of keeping my job which is why I contemplated about getting it done here, just paying interest along the way. Paying $17K+ for some dental work is just hard to not think about

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
02-25-2017, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Consult a scholar......
Who or how? I never talked with a scholar before

M.I.A.
02-25-2017, 08:55 PM
..i found a place in sunny england that does implant work for £1200 per tooth..

just the top listing on google.

takes multiple visits but you could save air miles..

£500 return.

...your not goin to do it are you?

lol just hunt around.. america is a big place.

.. plz dont be isis...plz dont be isis...

anonymous
02-25-2017, 11:44 PM
Yea I kind of figured it would be cheaper. I swear it's only in the US that they charge such high amount

Akhi, I'm not from isis. I just want my teeth fixed

MuslimInshallah
02-26-2017, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Who or how? I never talked with a scholar before
Assalaamu alaikum,

You might want to try this site: http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/
See if they have any previous questions that could be helpful to you. If not:

This is the link to submit questions:http://seekershub.org/form/view.php?id=31

(smile) And let us know how it goes. And if they give you an answer, perhaps you could share it with us?

May God, the Light, Help us find ways that are the most pleasing to Him.

azc
02-26-2017, 05:54 AM
You may search here : http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/19939

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.