/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on the right books to read

someone_hurted
02-27-2017, 03:49 PM
Salam,

Here i am quite confused or actually scared to read random books out there. I mean I knew that reading books about Islam is good but I prefer listening than reading to approach Islam. The problem right now is I read for fun and release stress. But I scared if the descriptions of the stories are very deep until they bring me to have wild imagination. So I decided to choose spiritual books. Somehow they also describe about love but not that explicit as the romance genre. Besides, i cant find any other genres suit with me. It is okay for me to read those books (The spiritual one )?

Hope brothers and sisters out there can guide me by voicing out your opinions...Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Indefinable
02-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Brother Huzaifah ibn Adam. Any recommendations? Can you add on here please insha'Allaah.

Supernova
02-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Asalaamualaykum

Spiritual books are good but I would advice making notes and referring anything back to scholar on issues you dont understand or need further explanation.

I would recommend for starters Ibn Khatirs unabridged "Stories of the Prophets".

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Is the sister looking for Islaamic books or is she looking for fiction books of the love genre?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
02-27-2017, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Is the sister looking for Islaamic books or is she looking for fiction books of the love genre?
Islamic books
She said the other books lead her astray.

Umm Malik
02-27-2017, 07:32 PM
Give part from your time to the book of Allah even if just 10 minutes
And by the time you will know what to read
I did this before and after that i specify my way of reading
Yiu can read science books you can also read the book of miracle of the Quran ... i just advice you as my interest but you can do more and more ... but just let the first book to began with being the Quran reading listening and understanding
And the other brothers and sisters with will tell you what to read inshallah
But you did good to be far from this kind of book because it will affect your life for sure
Because we will become as we read and hear about a lot
Your sister Maryam

Indefinable
02-27-2017, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
I apologise, I only read the title and not even the whole post. I can only assume OP meant Islamic books insha'Allaah.

What particular Islamic books would you recommend?

drac16
02-28-2017, 01:30 AM
I reccomend Martin Lings' book called 'Muhammad: His life based on the earliest sources'. It's got the perfect balance between readability and scholarship. Sometimes, scholarly books can be boring, but this book is not so.

.alhamdulillah.
02-28-2017, 01:56 AM
what about Riyadh Us Saliheen?

someone_hurted
02-28-2017, 03:15 AM
Salam,

Umm...Brothers and sisters thanks for your comments and supports. But actually you got me wrong. I am looking for books that are fiction but within spiritual genre. I did say that i prefer listening other than reading to approach islam. But right now i just want to find books for releasing my stress. I just want to ask am i doing the right thing? Can i read those books?

thank you :):)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.