/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is gym haram?

amoha019
02-28-2017, 03:41 PM
what is your view on it ?

gym plays music , has half naked females , but what can i do , is it possible i can listen to headphones to something else and not look at girls ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aminah996
02-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Why don't you go to a gym that does not have females inside it, and go to an all brothers one instead. There's pretty much a lot of segregated gyms too so not to worry. Also if musics playing you have headphones that you can play something of your choice.

InshaAllah wishing you the best.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Mixed gyms are Haraam. Add music into the mix and the Hurmat (prohibition) is compounded.

The Sharee`ah of Islaam teaches us to avoid all places of Fitnah. Avoid places that will cause you to fall into sin. The women who attend these mixed gyms, in most cases, they're "almost" wearing clothes. They're "almost" dressed. They are wearing so little that, in terms of Sharee`ah, they are naked, and thus they can't be said to be "dressed". Obviously, it is necessary for a Muslim man to stay very far away from such a place. You mentioned in your question something about wearing headphones and not looking at them. Do you really believe that you will not look at any of them? Shaytaan tells the person that he won't, but when he gets there, his eyes are darting all over the place and he forgets all about some headphones and not looking at the "almost" dressed women working out there.

In summary, it is not permissible for you to go to a mixed gym. If there is a gym which is reserved for men only, go there, otherwise train at home or train outdoors somewhere free of women.

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

Reminder
02-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Gym isn't haram, but the other stuff you mentioned is.

Weren't you looking to start a business? Why don't you open a gym for brothers only (without music)?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BarışEkinci
02-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Of course, your intention is primarily important. But you know that there is a big problem. There are half-naked women. I have nothing to say about this. all I know, A believer musn't be in the same environment with other women. Especially, half-naked women. May Allah protect us from the evil of nefs.

amoha019
03-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Thank you for reply , imma get some Dumbbells at home lol ,
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Mixed gyms are Haraam. Add music into the mix and the Hurmat (prohibition) is compounded.

The Sharee`ah of Islaam teaches us to avoid all places of Fitnah. Avoid places that will cause you to fall into sin. The women who attend these mixed gyms, in most cases, they're "almost" wearing clothes. They're "almost" dressed. They are wearing so little that, in terms of Sharee`ah, they are naked, and thus they can't be said to be "dressed". Obviously, it is necessary for a Muslim man to stay very far away from such a place. You mentioned in your question something about wearing headphones and not looking at them. Do you really believe that you will not look at any of them? Shaytaan tells the person that he won't, but when he gets there, his eyes are darting all over the place and he forgets all about some headphones and not looking at the "almost" dressed women working out there.

In summary, it is not permissible for you to go to a mixed gym. If there is a gym which is reserved for men only, go there, otherwise train at home or train outdoors somewhere free of women.

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

amoha019
03-01-2017, 01:45 AM
I'm an artist , I'm looking to sell artworks
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Gym isn't haram, but the other stuff you mentioned is.

Weren't you looking to start a business? Why don't you open a gym for brothers only (without music)?

AbdurRahman.
03-01-2017, 10:11 AM
if you're working [i.e, have a full time job or generally keep busy in the day like playing football, going out a lot etc] then give up the mixed gym as i know from personal experience it's hard not to always look at the 'half naked women'; also the music leaves you feeling depleted of peace at the end of session!; if the music is very loud and blaring, it can also damage your hearing

however if your'e not doing much all day and no 'halal gym' near you then a lazy life might be more harmful then the fitnah in a mixed gym ...

BarışEkinci
03-01-2017, 10:19 AM
If it's necessary, do exercies at your home. Take a walk. There are many alternatives. Do not restrict yourself with gym. Nefs is a insidious enemy.

AbdurRahman.
03-01-2017, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BarışEkinci
If it's necessary, do exercies at your home. Take a walk. There are many alternatives. Do not restrict yourself with gym. Nefs is a insidious enemy.
maashAllah great advice...

however motivation can be a problem unless you're in a place that gets you going, like a gym; i've been trying for ages to get into a fitness regime at home, in park but the lazy life always ends up winning! :Emoji49: [a walk is nowhere near enuf for good physical and mental health

Asher Aiden
10-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I have an idea for you if you can join the gym separately. You can join there where only boys are in the gym.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.