/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So do I perform Salah?...

Hayaa8
02-28-2017, 04:00 PM
As Salam alaikum

As I previously stated in another thread
That I cannot perform Salah or fast

I get these jerking movements
I think it's due to me having psychotic depression

So do I have to perform Salah even though
I understand what is wrong and what is right
Due to me taking meds even though if I go psychotic only my judgement gets messed up

My involuntary movements have left me handicap concerning Salah I cannot even say the words of Salah...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-01-2017, 11:25 AM
:wa:

yes sister you still have to do salah as salah has not been excused under any circumstances except if a person is so ill they cannot even motion slightly for salah postures [or is it unconsciousness?]

so do your best; whatever of it you mess up due to your illness will be excused inshAllah; do whatever you can of it

even if you dont say anything in salah due to forgetfulness, at least go through the postures after the estimated right amount of time and at the end pray to ALlah for Him to accept it

whosebob
03-01-2017, 04:48 PM
I also have problems in my salaah. I have schizophrenia. Whenever I perform salaah I hear voices. I also can't recite. When I make salaah my mind remains silent when it comes to reading Al-Fatigha and surahs. I know they say that without Al-Fatiha your salaah is'nt accepted but Allah knows your intention Alhamdullilah.

I met a man a few years that suffered from a disability. He was in a wheel chair and found it hard to perform salaah properly. Eventually he learned how to do so with his eyes mashallah.

When I was very sick from the voices all I could do extend my index finger in Salaah. It means that you bear witness that Allah is the only one worthy of worship mashallah. If you can do this in salaah then at least it is a start Alhamdullilah.

Think about it logically and find a way to make salah inshallah. That is what I have done mashallah and I love making salaah evens though it is not perfect Alhamdullilah.

If you have a problem making wudthu, then make Tayummum inshallah. Allah makes things easy and has given us all the answers mashallah.

I wish you the best inshallah.

Salaam.

whosebob
03-01-2017, 04:50 PM
I am posting this here in case someone needs help with schizophrenica or suffers from a mental disability. I hope it helps you as well inshallah.

Islamic solution to schizophrenia that helps me.
I have schizophrenia but I have found the solution that helps me. There are times when this solution is too difficult for me especially when I am being overwhelmed. When things are easier, when the voices are not too much then I go back to my regiment. It’s important because it is a form of meditation that is very peaceful. My parents and family were also very patient with me when this all started, this was also vital. The important thing for me is that I was reminded everyday of God’s oneness. This really helped me because I was hearing terrible things about God.

The solution that helps me.

1. I Pray everyday
In Islam, Muslims pray 5 times a day. When this all started all I could do was prostrate and declare God’s oneness with my index finger. But things did get better for a while. I still struggle with prayers but I still do my best which does make me feel better.

2. I write to God about my life in a dairy.
My problem is that I forget easily the blessing in my life. Hearing the voices everyday makes one really depressed. But having a diary to God really helps me. Reason being is that I replace a negative thought process with a positive one. I don’t write about negative things in my diary. I talk about comics, good jokes, heaven, art, computer graphics, good deeds that I see people doing and especially my family and friends etc.

3. I Recite God’s names
In Islam, God has many names which relate to his personality. This helps me understand God better which helps me realize that God is with me through my sickness God willing.

The following are examples are God’s names
God: Allah
God the Merciful : ar-Raheem
God the Healer : al-Qayoom
God the Compassionate : ash-Shafee
God the Granter of Peace: as-Salaam

I was really struggling in the beginning and then I found a book of God’s names. The first name I read was (al-Muqmeen) God - The preserver of faith. To this day it’s one of my favourite names of God because I do believe without His support I would have lost faith a long time ago.

Please note: I try everyday to make relevant prayers by each of God’s names. For instance God the healer (al-Qayoom), Here, I pray for my health as well as my family and friends etc It really helps me find peace. In Islam we repeat God’s names as a form of Meditation. It’s called thikr. We use rosemary beads which really helps Muslims go to a peaceful place.

4. I also Read Quran/Surah Hasr
Allah is He than whom there is no other god Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He Most Gracious Most Merciful.

Allah is He other than whom there is no other god the sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), The Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (high is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might the Wise.

5.I also Read Quran/Surah al-Ikhlaṣ

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,
Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to none like unto Him."

6. I take Medication
I do take medication which really helps. I did find a psychiatrist and medication that suits me. I believe God provides relief that’s why I never forget to take my meds.

I hope that this information helps you and all those suffering from schizophrenia.

Peace and Blessings be upon you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hayaa8
03-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Thank you all

Bob that was so helpful
May Allaah give you all jannah

I know how you feel sister brother with schizophrenia
Thank you for sharing

_E_3
03-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Brother whosebob thank you so much for posting what you have wrote i think i will follow your example i hear voices and i have for a long time
i take medication but its i still hear them one thing i wanted to ask i am female and i am wondering weather i can recite Allah name while i cant pray or read the Quran ? I dont want to do anything that is harm .

whosebob
03-01-2017, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
Brother whosebob thank you so much for posting what you have wrote i think i will follow your example i hear voices and i have for a long time
i take medication but its i still hear them one thing i wanted to ask i am female and i am wondering weather i can recite Allah name while i cant pray or read the Quran ? I dont want to do anything that is harm .
Just do your best. Allah knows your intention Alhamdullilah. May Allah make it easier inshallah. I know it is hard. Take baby steps inshallah. That is what I did. Do something everyday no matter how small. Allah will make it easier upon u inshallah.

Peace and blessings be upon u.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.