PDA

View Full Version : My iman is dropping real quick



.alhamdulillah.
02-28-2017, 06:56 PM
I just don't know what to do. I want to believe and follow Islam perfectly, but if I don't have the belief it is the truth, what is the point in following it...

How do I know Islam is the truth, not some man made religion. How do we know the Prophet actually existed and is not a made up man with all of his stories... couldn't the Quran and it's scientific miracles and stories from Judaism and Christianity have been put in by other people who had that knowledge, not just somehow Muhammad got that info from God.

Islam is beautiful, and it all makes sense. But how do I know it is the truth and not some man made thing.....



I JUST HATE STURGGLING WITH FAITH. IT'S ENOUGH TRYING NOT TO COMMIT HARAM, BUT WITHOUT IMAN THE ENTIRE FOUNDATION JUST COLLAPSES AND THERE IS NO PURPOSE TO FOLLOWING ANYTHING.


WHY SHOULD I BE AT FAULT IF I DON'T BELIEVE... IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT TO GO TO HELL...
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BarışEkinci
02-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Assalamualaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh! Firstly Brother. I want to say that I understand you with all of my heart. You're just passing through a sensitive process. And it's pretty normal. There is nothing to be scared of it. Just be afraid of the wrong information. The Qur'an contains a lot of scientific knowledge. You can watch "nouman ali khan" and "Zakir Naik" for it. You can not find any contradiction on the Qur'an. The Quran was downloaded in 23 years. If a human had written it, It would have had a lot of mistakes and contradictions. But Elhamdulillah, Quran is perfect. Brother, Don't be afraid of religious inquiry. The truth is only one. If you investigate correctly, You will find the truth.
Reply

.alhamdulillah.
03-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by BarışEkinci
Assalamualaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh! Firstly Brother. I want to say that I understand you with all of my heart. You're just passing through a sensitive process. And it's pretty normal. There is nothing to be scared of it. Just be afraid of the wrong information. The Qur'an contains a lot of scientific knowledge. You can watch "nouman ali khan" and "Zakir Naik" for it. You can not find any contradiction on the Qur'an. The Quran was downloaded in 23 years. If a human had written it, It would have had a lot of mistakes and contradictions. But Elhamdulillah, Quran is perfect. Brother, Don't be afraid of religious inquiry. The truth is only one. If you investigate correctly, You will find the truth.
Thing is I already know so much in terms of Islam as a whole, the way of life, the message, some scientific miracles, etc... and how it all makes sense as a way of life towards being the word of God, but just don't know how that can be proven....

Then sometimes when I am praying, thinking of God, thinking of asking refuge from shaytan, I get thoughts in my head that are like are you silly, almost like I chuckle a bit like, you actually believe that stuff... you are praying to a God, lol what's wrong with you, the devil, lol what devil, and I almost kind of get a feeling of laughing and am thinking what nonsense and foolishness, how can I believe in the devil...


Then I get thoughts of the fear of, what if non of it is real and I am just wasting my life when I could be out there maximizing my enjoyment...
Reply

azc
03-01-2017, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
I just don't know what to do. I want to believe and follow Islam perfectly, but if I don't have the belief it is the truth, what is the point in following it...How do I know Islam is the truth, not some man made religion. How do we know the Prophet actually existed and is not a made up man with all of his stories... couldn't the Quran and it's scientific miracles and stories from Judaism and Christianity have been put in by other people who had that knowledge, not just somehow Muhammad got that info from God. Islam is beautiful, and it all makes sense. But how do I know it is the truth and not some man made thing..... I JUST HATE STURGGLING WITH FAITH. IT'S ENOUGH TRYING NOT TO COMMIT HARAM, BUT WITHOUT IMAN THE ENTIRE FOUNDATION JUST COLLAPSES AND THERE IS NO PURPOSE TO FOLLOWING ANYTHING. WHY SHOULD I BE AT FAULT IF I DON'T BELIEVE... IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT TO GO TO HELL...
Keep praying salah and recite this verse as many times as possible. Don't forget to read it dua after salah: May Allah swt keep you steadfast on deen. Ameen. ''Rabbi a'oozubika min hamazatish shayateen wa a'oozubika rabbi an yahdhuroon'' ......bro @huzaifa ibn Adam plz see this transliteration if it's correct
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
BarışEkinci
03-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Thing is I already know so much in terms of Islam as a whole, the way of life, the message, some scientific miracles, etc... and how it all makes sense as a way of life towards being the word of God, but just don't know how that can be proven....

Then sometimes when I am praying, thinking of God, thinking of asking refuge from shaytan, I get thoughts in my head that are like are you silly, almost like I chuckle a bit like, you actually believe that stuff... you are praying to a God, lol what's wrong with you, the devil, lol what devil, and I almost kind of get a feeling of laughing and am thinking what nonsense and foolishness, how can I believe in the devil...


Then I get thoughts of the fear of, what if non of it is real and I am just wasting my life when I could be out there maximizing my enjoyment...
Nobody can claim that you are not on a bad period. The devil is fighting badly with you. Insallah brother you will be winner of this war. Just don't give up. Don't give up praying for yourself. Insallah I will pray for you, too. Charge your Iman. Don't let the devil capture you. You have enough arguments to beat him off. Allah bless you brother. Nobody can help you except for you and Allah.
Reply

AbdurRahman.
03-01-2017, 08:17 AM
:sl:

Brother you obviously know all the 'evidence' that muslims will put forth for Islam being the truth, but what you need to do now is let your 'fitrah' take over; you have to let the evidence seep in to your heart and accept what your heart and soul overwhelmingly 'feels' as the truth, for thinking too much allows the satan to put in all sorts of doubts in us, this is why some kafirs never see the truth of Islam as there has to be a point when the soul/heart makes the judgement and not the mind
Reply

.alhamdulillah.
03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
I just don't know...

it's not like I want to disbelieve and go to hell. But if the iman is not there, it's not there and I can't just follow it for no reason...

If I don't believe, then it makes no sense not to go live it up, if I don't believe and it is not clear to me, why should I be held accountable for what I do, because there is no reason to not have sex, party, do drugs, etc.... if I don't believe in God.
Reply

sister herb
03-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Is believing the only reason why you stay away from unhealthy activities? Some others may avoid those things also because they are bad to your health.
Reply

.alhamdulillah.
03-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Is believing the only reason why you stay away from unhealthy activities? Some others may avoid those things also because they are bad to your health.
Yes, because I love to do them and don't really care for my health if there is no God, who cares, we will die anyways so might as well enjoy it.
Reply

Umm♥Layth
03-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Yes, because I love to do them and don't really care for my health if there is no God, who cares, we will die anyways so might as well enjoy it.
except that you have one body and your entire experience will be determined by the state of your body lol. All these people with severe anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, depression, cancer and all that, it is mainly due to neglecting one's health.
Reply

.alhamdulillah.
03-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
except that you have one body and your entire experience will be determined by the state of your body lol. All these people with severe anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, depression, cancer and all that, it is mainly due to neglecting one's health.
Thing is, before practicing Islam, I was doing drugs all the time, I was focused on my life, I was getting great grades, and had a goal and liked to have fun on the side. Religion didn't enter my mind. So I can easily revert back to that stage, not care about religion, because if there is no God why should I put my effort on that....

Unfortunately I am stuck in the middle where I don't know what to believe, I don't want to go to hell, if God does exist I would be foolish not to dedicate my efforts towards his pleasure and not do anything haram..... whereas if God doesn't exist, I am trapped in my mind by something that makes no sense and am missing out on the fun I could have.

It is actually religion that has created my anxiety, depression, etc... Before I ever practiced, I was fine in terms of my worldly life going well
Reply

Umm♥Layth
03-02-2017, 01:30 AM
That kind of stuff WILL MOST DEFINITELY bite you on the behind. You have no idea the kind of damage your body endures and still keeps you alive. Slowly but surely the drugs and the garbage food that comes with it will take a toll. You are probably on the younger side which is why you talk like this. People take their bodies for granted.

I'm not even going to try and convince you there is a God. If you are here on this forum and in conflict it hing is because you already know but you haven't searched in the manner that suits you for answers you are seeking. We all see the world through different eyes and we come closer to God and become certain of his existence through different methods.

My only suggestion is to sincerely ask God for clarity and certainty. Be humble in your approach and you'll see what happens in time. If you expect somebody, a mere human to talk you into belief.... you won't get that. In order for people to change and learn, they must have a burning desire for it. If your frustration is that strong, then start looking for answers.

Stuff like this really helped me in many ways:
Reply

Umm♥Layth
03-02-2017, 01:34 AM
:nervous: I accidentally posted the wrong video like a couple of minutes ago. If you clicked on it, lol, my bad. I updated with the correct one.
Reply

.alhamdulillah.
03-02-2017, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
:nervous: I accidentally posted the wrong video like a couple of minutes ago. If you clicked on it, lol, my bad. I updated with the correct one.
Wow, that video is crazy, thanks for sharing it.

Regards to what you said in the post above though, why should I have to go seeking out the truth? I am a simple human on this earth, I have no knowledge of anything, isn't it Gods duty to guide us and make it clear to us it is the truth, as said in the Quran? Why should I have to put in active effort for that? The truth should come to me and then it's on me to either accept or deny....

But it doesn't make sense that I should have to go out searching for it, because without the truth coming to me, how do I even know it exists and to know I should be searching for it?
Reply

GodIsAll
03-02-2017, 03:15 AM
I am not fit to answer your questions regarding Islam. I must, however, reinforce the Muslim replies regarding health and patience.
Be good to your body and to your mind. With pure flesh, you have the capabilities and abilities to comprehend the answers you search for.
I will pray for you to find truth and peace as much as I seek it for myself.
May Our Creator (and I wholly believe in Him) bless you and your family.
Reply

Simple_Person
03-02-2017, 03:46 AM
Believe is based on something. You cannot say...haha..how silly a God..because a belief in a God is only a conclusion. If you say how silly then your research somehow is faulty. However one should ask him or herself based on what is my research faulty to conclude Islam is not the right religion.

I for example if my imaan gets low I never stop believing in a God. Why? When my imaan is low doesn't mean my mind is also low. No. My intellect is still what it is. So using logic, rationality and reason with scientific evidence brings me back to Islam. However I myself become lazy in the duties of Islam. I am not saying that is less dangerous. However that is the struggle that I am trying to ponder about how to conquer this laziness. Every action is really a reaction/income/result of some other action. By going to the source of it to prevent it from happening one can conquer it.

So in your case as I myself never have those thoughts maybe you should more often rely on logic, rationality and reason with scientific approach more often. As this stays with the outcome of existence of a creator and ONLY Islam being the truth So push up your intellect.

This doubt in a Creator has become a "normal" thing within many Muslims. Which indicates how little we use our own mind and ponder about things. Rather many of use follow like sheep in a belief that not really is based on firm belief of Islam being the truth. I worry especially about this because if dajjal might me let loose and the heart has never being firm of belief in a Creator that is not seeing with the naked eye one will easily fall for the trap of dajjal(Antichrist). Ad in those times everything surrounds around what can be seeing by the naked eye. If you have doubts in your heart and never solved those doubts..you are on the tipping point. People can easily convince you of something and shake your imaan or make you lose your imaan.
Reply

Umm♥Layth
03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Wow, that video is crazy, thanks for sharing it.

Regards to what you said in the post above though, why should I have to go seeking out the truth? I am a simple human on this earth, I have no knowledge of anything, isn't it Gods duty to guide us and make it clear to us it is the truth, as said in the Quran? Why should I have to put in active effort for that? The truth should come to me and then it's on me to either accept or deny....

But it doesn't make sense that I should have to go out searching for it, because without the truth coming to me, how do I even know it exists and to know I should be searching for it?
Glad you enjoyed! :)

We're all simple humans but we were all born with amazing capabilities and the curiosity to learn. If you expect everything to be served on a platter for you, then you are going to be very disappointed. NO kind of knowledge comes without work on your behalf. A subject is introduced to you and it is your job to learn further.

Some people spend their whole lives doing the same thing every day like robots on autopilot. They get old and the die without much accomplishment or without learning more than the basics. It is a choice one makes as we all have that freedom to choose what we do with our lives.

Learning about God and becoming certain of him will take effort and if it is work/effort that you are avoiding then....not sure what to tell you.

I'm sure you've been in a relationship before right? When you get in a relationship with any person, you have to get to know them before you learn to love them. The more you know about someone, the easier it becomes to love them. The more you know about someone, the easier it is to relate to them. You'll find ways to get along with them and even take on new hobbies/interests for the sake of feeling close to them.

This is very similar to how you develop a relationship with God. You have to get to know him :) The rules and regulations within Islam are there to help you focus on your relationship with Allah and build your character. You can choose to see them as a burden/unfair, OR you can learn to see them for what they really are; the keys to unlock your shackles.
Reply

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
I just don't know...

it's not like I want to disbelieve and go to hell. But if the iman is not there, it's not there and I can't just follow it for no reason...

If I don't believe, then it makes no sense not to go live it up, if I don't believe and it is not clear to me, why should I be held accountable for what I do, because there is no reason to not have sex, party, do drugs, etc.... if I don't believe in God.
Was you a born muslim?
When did the iman go?

Children naturally have iman as their fitrah is intact so why did you entertain doubts?
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 06:21 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 06:31 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 08:45 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 08:19 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!