/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Under the influence? Addiction

amoha019
03-01-2017, 01:38 AM
I have an addiction to smoking weed , and I'm trying to stop , currently I was thinking to myself if I'm high and come up with an idea because I get creative when I'm high , I was thinking if the idea that I think of can be considered halal or haram ? And you can't stop thinking about that idea (business )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.alhamdulillah.
03-01-2017, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amoha019
I have an addiction to smoking weed , and I'm trying to stop , currently I was thinking to myself if I'm high and come up with an idea because I get creative when I'm high , I was thinking if the idea that I think of can be considered halal or haram ? And you can't stop thinking about that idea (business )
lol I think weed has made both of us crazy, based on the questions you are asking, and the questions I ask myself. Almost like we are OCD and overthinking everything.

Brother, if you want an idea for business, ask Allah to guide you.

At first I didn't know weed was haram, but I was hooked when I started practicing, I tried to stop and did for a few months, and then for about a 2 year period, it was on and off knowing it was wrong and I just made excuse after excuse... there is no excuse, Allah has blessed you with so much, we jsut can't be ungrateful to him by smoking weed. I remember always thinking it is not a big deal, but it is a huge sin.

I basically insisted on smoking and smoking, even though I knew it was wrong, made exucse after excuse, and it has taken Allah putting me through some tough times for me to finally stop. Fear Allah and his punishment, you never know when he will decide to punish you for smoking and you don't want that.

You want to stop on your own terms, while you have everything, and for the sake of Allah to seek his pleasure, get closer to him, and gain his reward, and avoid his punishment.

Instead of relying on that stupid green stick, and escaping reality and running away from our problems, let us seek guidance and help and run to our Lord, the one who has given us everything and is the most merciful and most forgiving.

amoha019
03-01-2017, 01:57 AM
lool, nowadays I don't even enjoy it , I just think I can die anytime , but yeah only way is get closer to Allah with love
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
lol I think weed has made both of us crazy, based on the questions you are asking, and the questions I ask myself. Almost like we are OCD and overthinking everything.

Brother, if you want an idea for business, ask Allah to guide you.

At first I didn't know weed was haram, but I was hooked when I started practicing, I tried to stop and did for a few months, and then for about a 2 year period, it was on and off knowing it was wrong and I just made excuse after excuse... there is no excuse, Allah has blessed you with so much, we jsut can't be ungrateful to him by smoking weed. I remember always thinking it is not a big deal, but it is a huge sin.

I basically insisted on smoking and smoking, even though I knew it was wrong, made exucse after excuse, and it has taken Allah putting me through some tough times for me to finally stop. Fear Allah and his punishment, you never know when he will decide to punish you for smoking and you don't want that.

You want to stop on your own terms, while you have everything, and for the sake of Allah to seek his pleasure, get closer to him, and gain his reward, and avoid his punishment.

Instead of relying on that stupid green stick, and escaping reality and running away from our problems, let us seek guidance and help and run to our Lord, the one who has given us everything and is the most merciful and most forgiving.

whosebob
03-01-2017, 04:03 PM
You blunting your sword by smoking that stuff. I use to smoke weed then I got really sick and decided to quit.

Don't wait for life changing situation to commit to giving up drugs. Do it now and Allah will forgive and reward you inshallah.

The trick to overcome addiction is to make salaah and to read lots of Quran. You can't be in a drugged induced state when performing an act of Ibaadah. So this will strengthen your will mashallah. Also fasting is good remedy mashallah.

Take it one day at a time. Start out with Magrieb in mosque. Start building on your ibaadah. You will eventually see how much Allah will strengthen your conviction to give up drugs.

Inshallah, I wish you the best in your fight inshallah. Remember Shaitan will make things hard for you. Eventually he gives up but in the beginning it is going to be difficult.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amoha019
03-02-2017, 04:42 AM
Thank you fo the reply , I appreciate it , may allah protect you
format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
You blunting your sword by smoking that stuff. I use to smoke weed then I got really sick and decided to quit.

Don't wait for life changing situation to commit to giving up drugs. Do it now and Allah will forgive and reward you inshallah.

The trick to overcome addiction is to make salaah and to read lots of Quran. You can't be in a drugged induced state when performing an act of Ibaadah. So this will strengthen your will mashallah. Also fasting is good remedy mashallah.

Take it one day at a time. Start out with Magrieb in mosque. Start building on your ibaadah. You will eventually see how much Allah will strengthen your conviction to give up drugs.

Inshallah, I wish you the best in your fight inshallah. Remember Shaitan will make things hard for you. Eventually he gives up but in the beginning it is going to be difficult.

azc
03-02-2017, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amoha019
if you think it's not a good thing then stop it...

M.I.A.
03-02-2017, 01:04 PM

..i think some of the sharpest people i know are.. under the influence..

i quit in 2006 lol.. cold turkey never looked back..2005? "/

i still know people who smoke.. and they are some of the sharpest people i know..

put anything near them and its cut.
..and they dont mind one bit lol.

makes me think its not what you do that counts but rather who you do it for?

an education aquired by drunken nights?

serve them and you look drunk.

incidentally i stopped because i used to get the shakes.. turns out the munchies have some scientific basis to them after all.

...now i run a desserts bar.

beleiver
03-02-2017, 01:30 PM
If its any help..When you decide to stop, go some where you never been , go travelling or visiting new places for a few days to help break your routine and distract your mind..Weed addiction is mostly in the mind, expect a few nights where it might be hard to sleep and you might wake up sweating but that will soon pass..
I am not a Muslim but do believe in God and Mohamed is his messenger and have smoked weed/hash most my adult life and am not certain Weed when respected and smoked occasionally is a sin, but i am certain addiction to Weed or anything is a Sin..

Just do it give it up, its not too difficult, its all in your head..If giving it up seems too much trick your mind , just say i am stopping for a bit, chances are once you stopped with Allahas guidance you wont start again, or if you do you wont get so easily addicted again, the addiction to Weed is all in your head, that i am certain..Just be ware if you smoke it with tobacco you will be addicted to tobacco which isnt so easy to quit..

whosebob
03-02-2017, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..i think some of the sharpest people i know are.. under the influence..

i quit in 2006 lol.. cold turkey never looked back..2005? "/

i still know people who smoke.. and they are some of the sharpest people i know..

put anything near them and its cut.
..and they dont mind one bit lol.

makes me think its not what you do that counts but rather who you do it for?

an education aquired by drunken nights?

serve them and you look drunk.
Drug addicts live under the illusion that they are sharp. I use believe this as well but this is'nt the case. It's the drugs and Shaitan talking to them. They become friends with Shaitan so Shaitan encourages them to keep taking drugs. He does'nt confuse them but rather helps them along because they are his friends. He knows that taking drugs attacks ones Soul and Body. The person's nafs become so strong they can't evens see common sense. Shaitan conditions the person to be like him because he knows Allah hates the evil character of himself.

The really sharp people are the righteous, those that make salah etc. Decent people are sharp because we working in this world for the hereafter, mashallah. This is sharp not being under the influences of drugs Alhamdullilah.

Scimitar
03-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Weed is only psychologically addictive, not physically addictive. Giving it up is easy - just have to fill up those smoking hours with another activity.

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Drug addicts live under the illusion that they are sharp. I use believe this as well but this is'nt the case. It's the drugs and Shaitan talking to them. They become friends with Shaitan so Shaitan encourages them to keep taking drugs. He does'nt confuse them but rather helps them along because they are his friends. He knows that taking drugs attacks ones Soul and Body. The person's nafs become so strong they can't evens see common sense. Shaitan conditions the person to be like him because he knows Allah hates the evil character of himself.

The really sharp people are the righteous, those that make salah etc. Decent people are sharp because we working in this world for the hereafter, mashallah. This is sharp not being under the influences of drugs Alhamdullilah.

...everybody likes reading death.

but not for themselves.

this is why i am ashamed of the world moreso than it is of me.

if you figure out how to save a life..

let em know.

all they ever say to me is that they have already taken those hits.

they hear and they obey?

..it sounds like nothing i could attribute to my god.

but we hear it none the less.

like i said, i dont eat much these days.

so whats the final destination?

and is the cure to death just dropping what you were doing?

cash it in already .

...get a life already.

i know my brother would.

azc
03-02-2017, 02:29 PM
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...juana-in-Islam

Serinity
03-02-2017, 02:46 PM
:salam:

Could you imagine The Prophets :saws: smoking weed (Audhu billah)? Sounds offensive right? Sounds so mockingly offensive.

What about praying while high? Doesn't that seem like mocking Allah?

Stop while you can.

Allahu alam.

Scimitar
03-02-2017, 02:47 PM
https://www.islamicboard.com/clarifi...hedelic-2.html

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-02-2017, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
...lol..

i seem completely coherent anyway.

as always.

...given enough rope.

meh... figure it out at the end of the day.

Scimitar
03-02-2017, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
...given enough rope..
Gordian knots get cut to shreds by Scimitars ;)

whosebob
03-02-2017, 07:06 PM
I heard a lecture a while back about how drug users that are believers are like diamonds found in the dirt. All one has to do is wash clean the dirt and you have a diamond mashallah.

Doing drugs makes one dirty. You don't evens realize how dirty you are because you know no different. I understand because I also smoked weed. After you go to Mosque and make taubah and you make your salaah, Allah gives you an entire new perspective. You feel clean and pure mashallah and honoured to be Allah's servent Alhamdullilah.

So Change your ways as soon as possible. It's better to be clean than dirty and all believers can be diamonds mashallah.

M.I.A.
03-02-2017, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Gordian knots get cut to shreds by Scimitars ;)

too much time on those highly charged american political boards...

be quicker.

although you dont have to be anything "/

..try not to hit me in the head with your quickness lol

Scimitar
03-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Work on your English, or you cut yourself short in everything else - leaving me to cut nothing :) leave me something

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.