/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to say "God Bless You"?

ardianto
03-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Assalamualaikum.

Today King Salman from Saudi Arabia is visiting Indonesia. He comes ride his own airplane. And there is something interesting on the airplane body, the text "God Bless You" that written in English.

"God Bless You" on King Salman's airplane is becoming hot topic among internet people in Indonesia. Some of them are questioning it. What make them wonder is they have ever found statement on internet that forbid Muslims to say "God Bless You" (in English), because this is considered as act of imitate the people from other religion. But, if saying "God Bless You" is haram, then why there is "God Bless You" on King Salman's airplane?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
03-01-2017, 04:13 PM
The translation is incorrect. It says: الله يحفظك, which means "May Allaah protect you." If they wanted to say "May Allaah bless you", they should have written: بارك الله فيكم.

They need to spend money on better translators and not rely on the error-filled online translation software.

M.I.A.
03-01-2017, 04:13 PM
dont know..

if it was asian people they would have wrote masha'allah on the side of it.

ardianto
03-01-2017, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
The translation is incorrect. It says: الله يحفظك, which means "May Allaah protect you." If they wanted to say "May Allaah bless you", they should have written: بارك الله فيكم.

They need to spend money on better translators and not rely on the error-filled online translation software.
But maybe the word that written below is not intended as translation of the word that written above.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm♥Layth
03-01-2017, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But maybe the word that written below is not intended as translation of the word that written above.
This is what I was thinking.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
03-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Possibly.

Allaahu A`lam.

sister herb
03-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Some people should use less Internet.

BarışEkinci
03-01-2017, 04:27 PM
There is blood in Ummah. And Don't you see the richness of the king? How will he account for it Allah? I think god bless you or blablabla is not important. The important thing is his silence to events in the Muslim world...

ardianto
03-01-2017, 04:38 PM
They don't need to pay translator because is easy to find people who can speak English fluently among Saudi royal family.

About statement regarding saying "God Bless You" that found on internet. Probably the original fatwa is reminder for Muslims to say "Barakallahu Fiykum" instead of "God Bless You" when talking with other Muslims. But, yeah, there are many ignorant Muslims who act like ulama on internet. Those people often quote a fatwa without understand the meaning, then spread it with their own opinion.

M.I.A.
03-01-2017, 05:11 PM
everybody aspires to achieve a level of comfort in the world..

the hungry want food.

the sick want treatment.

the homeless want homes.

...if that is all we are entitled to then you may as well take the rest of the day off.

how bout working for free?

how about a discounted rate of pay?

please.. if any of you can realise who takes a mile when given an inch..

recognise it within yourselves.

free yourselves of hypocrisy..

and realise, we would all aspire for better..

i have no idea what the hungry, the sick and the homeless would make of you.

would they look rich or would you look poor?

i dont know.. im sure the equilibrium would be established rather quickly.

just say masha'allah and be done with it.

if i had a lambourgini i would drive at at night... it at..

...i aint batman though.

im done with angry faces.

..there is no easy way out.

sister herb
03-01-2017, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
They don't need to pay translator because is easy to find people who can speak English fluently among Saudi royal family.

About statement regarding saying "God Bless You" that found on internet. Probably the original fatwa is reminder for Muslims to say "Barakallahu Fiykum" instead of "God Bless You" when talking with other Muslims. But, yeah, there are many ignorant Muslims who act like ulama on internet. Those people often quote a fatwa without understand the meaning, then spread it with their own opinion.
There is already the whole new generation who has used internet all their life and can´t soon even know there are other ways to looking for information than only Google. Like books for example. (Hey, give me a break! Books! I should read the whole book to find this one thing... So ancient!) Many say that Internet makes you lazy and impatient when you feel you need only few clicks and reading only few sentences from the page you open. So easy, no need to study any more, no find any background informations. Few clicks and we all know as much as scholars.

Scary future? :facepalm:

Scimitar
03-01-2017, 05:55 PM

well, if Indo-Malay sign boards are anything to go by...

Scimi

Scimitar
03-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Jokes aside, in all seriousness saying God bless you in English, is pretty much a severely limited way of expressing the Arabic Assalaam Alaikum warahmatullah - think about it!

Scimi

Zeal
03-01-2017, 11:03 PM
I just don't like to say it after someone sneezes because isn't that what kuffar do? But then what should we say or do?

Scimitar
03-01-2017, 11:04 PM
smile and ask, "Are you superstitious?" :D

Scimi

Zeal
03-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Lol just imagine their faces if I had said that

sister herb
03-01-2017, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
I just don't like to say it after someone sneezes because isn't that what kuffar do? But then what should we say or do?
Does it really matter if kuffars do something if it hasn´t anything to do with their religion or beliefs? Saying something after sneezing may be a habit of some kuffars and some others don´t say anything.

azc
03-02-2017, 04:20 AM
I don't think it being haram but preferably we should write real name of our Lord ... 'Allah'

Zeal
03-02-2017, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Does it really matter if kuffars do something if it hasn´t anything to do with their religion or beliefs? Saying something after sneezing may be a habit of some kuffars and some others don´t say anything.
I'm not sure tbh

Zeal
03-02-2017, 07:25 AM
@sister _herb I forgot to mention that I don't know if it's haram.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
03-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم taught us to say "Yar-hamukallaah" to a Muslim who sneezes. So, we will never replace that with "God bless you".

To replace what Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم taught us for something which the Kuffaar do, is like giving up a well-marinated, perfectly cooked (in butter) fillet-steak for some decomposed, disease-infested road kill. Not a sensible thing to do.

Was-Salaam.

Scimitar
03-02-2017, 03:17 PM
...is like giving up a well-marinated, perfectly cooked (in butter) fillet-steak for some decomposed, disease-infested road kill. Not a sensible thing to do.

leave it to the unbelievers to eat dodgy meat - if they can eat pig - they can eat roadkill :D

Was-Salaam.
Was-salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.