/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am Not a Muslim. How would you introduce Islam to me.

sureshdez
03-02-2017, 05:13 AM
Hello people.I am Not a Muslim.I seek for truth. I have exposure to Christianity and Buddhism. How would you introduce TRUTHs in Islam to me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
03-02-2017, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sureshdez
Hello people.I am Not a Muslim.I seek for truth. I have exposure to Christianity and Buddhism. How would you introduce TRUTHs in Islam to me.
Hi,

Do you prefer to travel or ride a bullock Cart or a bike or a car for your Life ?

Do you like use an 1 kg pepsi bottled sized phone or a less than 100 grams iphone or any other updated latest gadget ?

The answer of yours (not a prejudiced one) will explain the Importance of Islam and the first post here below with the some words of the last Prophet of God will prove the truth

https://www.islamicboard.com/seerah/...ml#post2943928

Salam means Peace so Is-Salam is-peace, really means achieving peace through submission to the Laws of our Creator , God whom the Arabs & semetic religions had called Allah, Elah, respectively

sureshdez
03-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Hello Friend,

Thanks for your question.

If I may answer as simple as possible, I use what it takes for me to get somewhere or do something.Some times a bullock can go where a Car can not, sometimes a bike may beat the traffic and it's better than getting stuck in a limo. If I want to hit someone with a phone, I'd use the larger one.

I am looking for liberation from Sin?. It's an uphill task. Any clue would do.

I am not impressed with miracles by anyone. Someone who has gone to City A can tell me how to get there. Someone who has beaten all Sins can tell me ways I can do so. I have explored Christianity and Buddhism for clues. Found many. Don's mind a few more.

Regards
Suresh

greenhill
03-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Interesting comments you have made.

This is my understanding on the progress of religion (as it is called but really means a 'way of life'). Due to the progression of human intelligence over time the way of life was introduced incrementally as the 4 basic Books.

The Psalms is about our relationship with our Creator - praises and prayers etc
The Torah s about human mechanics (interaction) do unto others what you would expect others to do unto you
The Bible introduces forgiveness (to give an alternative to an eye for an eye) and is a higher state of being
The Quran introduces the laws on how to live in a society (how could you live in a society without the concept of forgiveness).

With the Quran, the teachings became complete.

So what else does Quran say (relating to your queries) is that Allah is Most Forgiving. So, how can you liberate from sin? Seek forgiveness from Him. Allah knows we are weak because He created us that way and hence He expects us to seek forgiveness from Him all the time. But most of us are arrogant and seek not His forgiveness, hence end up accumulating sins over our lifetime.

It has been said that performing the daily prayers (5 of them) removes minor sins committed in between them and there are others too.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
03-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Have a look at www.islamreligion.com

I found them very helpful when I was new to Islam. InshaAllah you'll find the answers you seek

Also don't forget to pray in your search for the truth subhanAllah we need our creator's guidance every second of the day. If you are unsure who to call upon say "oh the one who created me, guide me to the path you are pleased with"

Indefinable
03-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Islam is a lot different to how the media portrays it to be.

I would recommend reading the Qur'an, the Holy Book, in English.

Islam isn't just a religion for individual peace of mind. It's a way of life, we have guidance in all aspects of life, from social, to economic, to political, to the nature of man. It's a religion which exercises self-discipline, endorses and enforces one to think about the rights of others. It encourages one to think about God - the Supreme, the Most Merciful. And how nothing and no-one is comparable to God.

I know you have searched other religions, but when you study Islam (with an open mind hopefully) you will truly be moved at how everything makes perfect sense.

Please do come back with any other questions, and look at the website the brother above posted.

azc
03-02-2017, 12:21 PM
You are advised to Study Islamic scriptures to know the truth

piXie
03-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Greetings,

To put it as simply as possible, man does not know how he came into existence and man does not know the purpose of existence and man does not know what happens when he will die. These are fundamental questions yet man does not have the answers and neither can any other fellow man inform him about these fundamental answers or how to live without knowledge from the One and Only Divine Being - the Creator who created man with all his complexities, cognitions, emotions and disposition. Man is ignorant - lost - devoid of his path and purpose without guidance from His Creator. The only thing we can be certain about is that death is inevitable and even that - we do not know how long we will live. Our time is limited - every one of us will taste death. And then - when the realities fall before us - it will be too late for any regrets or remorse. If you have come here to search for the truth and for answers, then you should know that many people search for the truth, but only a few have the courage to accept it. And even if a few accept it, fewer have the courage to live by it and face the challenges it entails - if you require the truth then truth requires change and sacrifice. It is a choice you have - the most important choice we all must make in our lifetime - of acceptance and submission to our Creator and as a result reap the everlasting bliss, peace and pleasure - or deny and disobey Him and His laws, thus reaping chaos anguish and harm - not only in this world but also in the everlasting hereafter. If you wish to be introduced to Islam, then I would advise you to read the Quran - the complete and comphrensive instruction manual for man , sent down to him by the One and Only Creator through prophets & messengers - informing man of what he cannot know otherwise - about his Creator - about his purpose - about his nature. I promise you it will bring you to the truth and satisfy n fulfil you in a way that nothing else will - a healing - a force - that when read and implemented, will bring you peace with yourself, with your Creator and with the rest of the creation. It will recharge you on both a physical and spiritual level - so long as you are a sincere & sound-minded individual.

May Allah bless your journey and guide you to the truth. Aameen.

whosebob
03-02-2017, 01:52 PM
La illah ha illallah is the testimony of Muslims. It means their is none worthy of worship but Allah. When Muslims pass away, the Kalima is also the last words on our lips. That's how important the Kalima is to Muslims mashallah.

First you have understand why God is ONE inshallah. This is the most important belief we have in Islam.

The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God. That’s why God is One.

I hope I helped you in some way inshallah.

Scimitar
03-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Peace to you Suresh,

Found many. Don's mind a few more.
https://www.islamicboard.com/compara...ncept-god.html

I'm open to any questions you may have, God willing.

Scimi

aaj
03-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Hello Friend,

Thanks for your question.

If I may answer as simple as possible, I use what it takes for me to get somewhere or do something.Some times a bullock can go where a Car can not, sometimes a bike may beat the traffic and it's better than getting stuck in a limo. If I want to hit someone with a phone, I'd use the larger one.

I am looking for liberation from Sin?. It's an uphill task. Any clue would do.

I am not impressed with miracles by anyone. Someone who has gone to City A can tell me how to get there. Someone who has beaten all Sins can tell me ways I can do so. I have explored Christianity and Buddhism for clues. Found many. Don's mind a few more.

Regards
Suresh
Hello

Unlike Christianity, Islam does not absolve you of sin just by going to the priest and confessing up. We are all accountable for our actions and sins and will be questioned on the day of Judgement. But at the same time, Allah is very merciful and loves those who repent and return back to their Lord. His Mercy is greater than His wrath. All He asks of us is to strive to be good, to enjoin good and forbid evil and to have faith in Him.

Also, Islam wipes clean what came before it. So for one who converts to Islam, all his previous sins are forgiven and wiped clean and he is given a fresh start like a new born.

Lastly, many have come to Islam just by reading the Quran. I would start there. Get a good translation (such as Moshin Khan) and start reading.

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 08:40 PM
i'll request you to read Quran online: https://quran.com/

many people realise Quran is from God when they read it, hope you do the same :)

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
i'll request you to read Quran online: https://quran.com/

many people realise Quran is from God when they read it, hope you do the same :)
That is the best online Quran I have seen. I love how it is interlinear, letting you see the English translation of every word.

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aryeh Jay
That is the best online Quran I have seen. I love how it is interlinear, letting you see the English translation of every word.
yeah i like that one too; very easy to read and use! :)

Indefinable
03-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Have you read the Qur'an? What do you make of it?

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indefinable
Have you read the Qur'an? What do you make of it?
Wa-alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I have not read the Quran in full, just a little bit of it. I have two copies, one that I purchased in 1996 and I that was given to me in Dubai, UAE. I suppose I could have just read through quickly in English but I want to get the fuller meaning that a translation cannot give. As I do not read Arabic it was taking me a long time to go through and was becoming frustrating. This online version that Brother AbdullahAziz has made available eliminates a lot of the frustrations I was encountering and now I will be able to read it in full, with my two printed copies as well, online.

*please forgive me if my grammar is incorrect for addressing you, I mean no disrespect*

Indefinable
03-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Wa-alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I have not read the Quran in full, just a little bit of it. I have two copies, one that I purchased in 1996 and I that was given to me in Dubai, UAE. I suppose I could have just read through quickly in English but I want to get the fuller meaning that a translation cannot give. As I do not read Arabic it was taking me a long time to go through and was becoming frustrating. This online version that Brother AbdullahAziz has made available eliminates a lot of the frustrations I was encountering and now I will be able to read it in full, with my two printed copies as well, online.

*please forgive me if my grammar is incorrect for addressing you, I mean no disrespect*
That's good to hear.

There is another online link which is remarkable in reading/understanding/listening verse by verse:

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.sahih/1:1

I see your religion states 'Judaism', so I was curious if you had studied Islam.

But then you used 'wa 'alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullah' and referred to the poster above as 'Brother' and so I am confused.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 10:30 PM
That's good to hear.

There is another online link which is remarkable in reading/understanding/listening verse by verse:

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.sahih/1:1

I see your religion states 'Judaism', so I was curious if you had studied Islam.

But then you used 'wa 'alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullah' and referred to the poster above as 'Brother' and so I am confused.
I am sorry; I have spent time in Muslim countries and have Muslim friends and have always used the familiar greetings, should I not do this if I am not Muslim?

Yes, I am Jewish but I am not an Israeli or a supporter of the racist Apartheid State of Israel. The people at the Islamic market call me brother when I shop there and they know my religion. I am deeply sorry if I have offended anyone.

Indefinable
03-02-2017, 10:36 PM
I am sorry; I have spent time in Muslim countries and have Muslim friends and have always used the familiar greetings, should I not do this if I am not Muslim?

Yes, I am Jewish but I am not an Israeli or a supporter of the racist Apartheid State of Israel. The people at the Islamic market call me brother when I shop there and they know my religion. I am deeply sorry if I have offended anyone.
No, of course not. I am not offended. At all.

I was a bit confused.

Well if you're Jewish, then it makes sense to support your country, I wouldn't blame you for that either.

What do you think of Islam though, as a Jewish person? I'm curious to see how others may perceive my religion.

talibilm
03-02-2017, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Hello

Unlike Christianity, Islam does not absolve you of sin just by going to the priest and confessing up. We are all accountable for our actions and sins and will be questioned on the day of Judgement. But at the same time, Allah is very merciful and loves those who repent and return back to their Lord. His Mercy is greater than His wrath. All He asks of us is to strive to be good, to enjoin good and forbid evil and to have faith in Him.

Also, Islam wipes clean what came before it. So for one who converts to Islam, all his previous sins are forgiven and wiped clean and he is given a fresh start like a new born.

Lastly, many have come to Islam just by reading the Quran. I would start there. Get a good translation (such as Moshin Khan) and start reading.
Yes,i agree
with this.

@suresh

liberation from sins do yo mean salvation like being forgiven or not doing sins at all ?

On the miracle part You know there is No Major religion after Islam and its last prophet and the last Book is the BEST PROOF this Religion is an update for ever untill the last days of the world.

on the conveyance part you had answered but none wants to hear an exception ( exception will always be there ) The general answer every one knows that none will want to go ona bullock cart even for a 5 kms journey but prefer the latest method of conveyances But in religion some say they WILL FOLLOW only the religion of their forefathers , ancestors but they will not use the bullock cart of their ancestors.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 10:53 PM
No, of course not. I am not offended. At all.

I was a bit confused.

Well if you're Jewish, then it makes sense to support your country, I wouldn't blame you for that either.

What do you think of Islam though, as a Jewish person? I'm curious to see how others may perceive my religion.
I think you may have misunderstood me, I do not support Israel. The country I live in is the United States and it is getting harder and harder to support it as well.

I think Islam is a great religion. I would rather live with Muslims than Christians any day. My ancestors lived with Muslims in Spain for hundreds of years in peace.
I know a little about Islam and currently want to learn more. If Allah (swt) wills it, I will become Muslim

Indefinable
03-02-2017, 11:01 PM
I think you may have misunderstood me, I do not support Israel. The country I live in is the United States and it is getting harder and harder to support it as well.

I think Islam is a great religion. I would rather live with Muslims than Christians any day. My ancestors lived with Muslims in Spain for hundreds of years in peace.
I know a little about Islam and currently want to learn more. If Allah (swt) wills it, I will become Muslim
I apologise for any misunderstandings.

What would you like to know? Any aspects that you'd like to discuss?

Islam on the whole, can seem extremely overwhelming to anyone who sees it from a linear point of view. Even born-Muslims can struggle with it.

But the religion, is there to make life a whole lot easier for us. Our understandings/perceptions/thoughts are so limited, and yet this religion teaches us how to think 'outside the box'.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 11:11 PM
I apologise for any misunderstandings.

What would you like to know? Any aspects that you'd like to discuss?

Islam on the whole, can seem extremely overwhelming to anyone who sees it from a linear point of view. Even born-Muslims can struggle with it.

But the religion, is there to make life a whole lot easier for us. Our understandings/perceptions/thoughts are so limited, and yet this religion teaches us how to think 'outside the box'.
I already know about the Pillars of the Faith, the Friday prayers, dietary restrictions and daily prayers. Right now I should read the Quran and Ahadith.

Indefinable
03-02-2017, 11:25 PM
I already know about the Pillars of the Faith, the Friday prayers, dietary restrictions and daily prayers. Right now I should read the Quran and Ahadith.
The link I sent earlier (http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.sahih/1:1) is a lot better and concise in my opinion. There's a sound button on the left, and you can hear each verse in Arabic too. There's something strangely peaceful, and melancholic when you hear the Qur'an in Arabic. (You should try it).

You can read the translation in English.

In regards to Hadeeth, then this site (http://www.kalamullah.com/hadith.html) has all the major Hadeeth compilations. I'd suggest starting with Riyaad us Saliheen.

Also that same site has a section for Non-Muslims and New Muslims. Definitely check them out. Any questions/queries, then please don't hesitate to ask them on here.

I hope Allaah the Most Merciful, guides you to the beauty of Islam. Amen.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 11:55 PM
The link I sent earlier (http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.sahih/1:1) is a lot better and concise in my opinion. There's a sound button on the left, and you can hear each verse in Arabic too. There's something strangely peaceful, and melancholic when you hear the Qur'an in Arabic. (You should try it).

You can read the translation in English.

In regards to Hadeeth, then this site (http://www.kalamullah.com/hadith.html) has all the major Hadeeth compilations. I'd suggest starting with Riyaad us Saliheen.

Also that same site has a section for Non-Muslims and New Muslims. Definitely check them out. Any questions/queries, then please don't hesitate to ask them on here.

I hope Allaah the Most Merciful, guides you to the beauty of Islam. Amen.
I love the sound button! I am listening to the “Al-Afasy” version. Sura 2. Al-Baqara, Aya 37, Juz 1, page 6 so far.

sureshdez
03-03-2017, 05:29 AM
Dear Friend,

Thanks for your input.As you so truly said, Religion is a way of life. It's so wonderful when it's a way of life. Equally true I feel, it's a real burden when it becomes an ideology and sparks nothing but arguments and debates.

Perhaps due to Sri Lanka, the region I live in, I discovered another book called Tripitaka which originated in close by India. I found the instructions in it to be explicit, unparalleled at times.The supposed author - referred to as Buddha.

If I go exploring a distant difficult path, I would not pack the whole wardrobe and the refrigerator to my back pack. Likewise, with Time and Maturity I managed to take what I thought as absolutely needed from the book I was born in to, the Bible for the journey.

I set out my journey with a solid aim, I will find God. Laws and Rules are plenty in all books I came across.I dont expect Quran to be any less. Two teachings by Christ, I packed for my journey...initially.

** Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. ( I thought, Impossible to heed..)

** Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles(spoil) a person.For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. (I thought, Christ is talking about my natural thoughts...)

Both these guide lines involve HEART. By this time I had realized that , I can appear to be disciplined by all laws but the heart can not be simply held by Rules and Laws. That is a truth I experienced. Feel free to comment.

In my journey to find God, I started to look for Answers to .

- Who or What is God ?

- What is Sin , that seems to be in between me and God.

- What are my beliefs? Do they matter. Do they help or clutter ?

I want to reaffirm my findings of the Truths against knowledge that may oppose my current understanding. That's my purpose to be here in your forum. It would naturally contribute to anybody else with an open mind to re affirm theirs.

Could we start with - Who or What is God ? How does Islam perceive this illusive entity.

Regards,

Suresh

sureshdez
03-03-2017, 06:04 AM
Hi Scimi,

I am not sure how to make replies in this forum. I posted a reply to a member by the name greenhill. I see many other comments by many people like you. Thanks. Can you access the reply i made for greenhill? a bit confused .Sorry.

Suresh

Indefinable
03-03-2017, 10:23 AM
I love the sound button! I am listening to the “Al-Afasy” version. Sura 2. Al-Baqara, Aya 37, Juz 1, page 6 so far.
Amazing right? You can listen to full recitations on YouTube.

I read on your other thread that you have a wife, and children? Are they aware of your interest in Islam?

Aryeh Jay
03-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Amazing right? You can listen to full recitations on YouTube.

I read on your other thread that you have a wife, and children? Are they aware of your interest in Islam?
My children’s Jewish Sunday school has visited the Islamic Sunday school several times and they have made friends their and from the regular school as well. We have several Muslim friends and we also shop at the local Islamic market quite a bit.

Indefinable
03-03-2017, 01:17 PM
My children’s Jewish Sunday school has visited the Islamic Sunday school several times and they have made friends their and from the regular school as well. We have several Muslim friends and we also shop at the local Islamic market quite a bit.
I apologise if my questions were intrusive.

I hope you enjoy learning about Islam and Muslims.

Aryeh Jay
03-03-2017, 01:44 PM
I apologise if my questions were intrusive.

I hope you enjoy learning about Islam and Muslims.
No need to apologize, you were not being intrusive. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.