/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am worry the company will fire him

ardianto
03-02-2017, 10:23 AM
My business is courier agent, and I hold partnership with a big courier company.

Today there was a trouble that cause complaint from my customer. I investigate the case and I found it happened because someone in the company violate the procedure. I decided to report it to the company because I didn't want it happen again. However, after I sent the report I began to worry, how if the company does not only warn him, but fire him?. Violating the procedure like that indeed considered as big mistake. It make me worry he will lose his job because my report.

I don't know why I feel like this. Maybe people are right. I am a good person, I have a kind heart, but my heart is too soft, and it makes me very easy to forgive. I often hear it from people around me, even from my employees.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm♥Layth
03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Well, what's done is done. You can make dua that the best outcome happens for him, insha'Allah.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
My business is courier agent, and I hold partnership with a big courier company.

Today there was a trouble that cause complaint from my customer. I investigate the case and I found it happened because someone in the company violate the procedure. I decided to report it to the company because I didn't want it happen again. However, after I sent the report I began to worry, how if the company does not only warn him, but fire him?. Violating the procedure like that indeed considered as big mistake. It make me worry he will lose his job because my report.

I don't know why I feel like this. Maybe people are right. I am a good person, I have a kind heart, but my heart is too soft, and it makes me very easy to forgive. I often hear it from people around me, even from my employees.
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Did this person intentionally violate the procedure or was it an accident? We are human and mistakes and accidents can happen. Allah (swt) knows all. The Prophet (pbuh) has made known the many names of Allah (swt); they include The Just, The Compassionate, The Merciful, The Loving, The Forgiver. Do not worry, everything will work out Inshallah.

Al-ḥamdu lillāh

ardianto
03-02-2017, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aryeh Jay
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Did this person intentionally violate the procedure or was it an accident? We are human and mistakes and accidents can happen. Allah (swt) knows all. The Prophet (pbuh) has made known the many names of Allah (swt); they include The Just, The Compassionate, The Merciful, The Loving, The Forgiver. Do not worry, everything will work out Inshallah.

Al-ḥamdu lillāh
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullah.

He violated the procedure intentionally. However, not with purpose of crime. He just wanted his work easier. But it caused problem that impact my customer business.

I was angry when I made the report. But then when my anger subsided I began to worry that my anger when I reported it would affect the HRD officers in the company, and then they would give him sanction that heavier than his mistake.

Hopefully the HRD officer will be wise and not affected by my anger.

One great lesson that I learn today. Do not make a report when angry, but wait until the anger subsided.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullah.

He violated the procedure intentionally. However, not with purpose of crime. He just wanted his work easier. But it caused problem that impact my customer business.

I was angry when I made the report. But then when my anger subsided I began to worry that my anger when I reported it would affect the HRD officers in the company, and then they would give him sanction that heavier than his mistake.

Hopefully the HRD officer will be wise and not affected by my anger.

One great lesson that I learn today. Do not make a report when angry, but wait until the anger subsided.
The easy way is not always the best way; hopefully the employee learns that the procedures are there for a reason.

The HRD will look at the matter from a neutral position. Is there a way you could contact the HRD and let them know your concerns?

azc
03-02-2017, 02:45 PM
My business is courier agent, and I hold partnership with a big courier company.Today there was a trouble that cause complaint from my customer. I investigate the case and I found it happened because someone in the company violate the procedure. I decided to report it to the company because I didn't want it happen again. However, after I sent the report I began to worry, how if the company does not only warn him, but fire him?. Violating the procedure like that indeed considered as big mistake. It make me worry he will lose his job because my report. I don't know why I feel like this. Maybe people are right. I am a good person, I have a kind heart, but my heart is too soft, and it makes me very easy to forgive. I often hear it from people around me, even from my employees.
take the written apology from him and request the company to warn him ONLY.

ardianto
03-02-2017, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aryeh Jay
Is there a way you could contact the HRD and let them know your concerns?
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
take the written apology from him and request the company to warn him ONLY.
Rules of protocol disallow me to do that. I am not employee of that company, but partner. My company is agent of that company, which mean my customers actually are their customers. That's why I decided to report this case because it have disturbed the customer, and could give negative impact that company credibility. However, after I reported it, whatever they do to handle it, I am strictly prohibited to intervene.

To be honest, if this trouble did not disturb the customer I would not report it.

azc
03-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Rules of protocol disallow me to do that. I am not employee of that company, but partner. My company is agent of that company, which mean my customers actually are their customers. That's why I decided to report this case because it have disturbed the customer, and could give negative impact that company credibility. However, after I reported it, whatever they do to handle it, I am strictly prohibited to intervene. To be honest, if this trouble did not disturb the customer I would not report it.
o.k. Then ask him to apologize to customer, let him be requested to give NOC and also take the permission of the customer to send it (by post) to the company on behalf of him. No need to involve your own company in this case now

ardianto
03-02-2017, 04:27 PM
o.k. Then ask him to apologize to customer, let him be requested to give NOC and also take the permission of the customer to send it (by post) to the company on behalf of him. No need to involve your own company in this case now
I have apologized to the customer. This is what I must do, no matter who cause trouble in the network. The customer came to me.It's mean the custom er trust me that I would responsible if something happen, and I must maintain this trust. Ask that guy to apologize to the customer would be seen as I run from my responsibility.

In 2015 my employee made a mistake that made my company almost sued by customer. An urgent package was sent to the wrong province due to typo when my employee was typing the the shipping note. But instead of order my employee to apologize to the customer, I decide to apologize personally as my responsibility as the leader.

azc
03-02-2017, 04:38 PM
I have apologized to the customer. This is what I must do, no matter who cause trouble in the network. The customer came to me.It's mean the custom er trust me that I would responsible if something happen, and I must maintain this trust. Ask that guy to apologize to the customer would be seen as I run from my responsibility. In 2015 my employee made a mistake that made my company almost sued by customer. An urgent package was sent to the wrong province due to typo when my employee was typing the the shipping note. But instead of order my employee to apologize to the customer, I decide to apologize personally as my responsibility as the leader.
o.k. One more option, ask your employee to contact the customer that if he (the customer) doesn't give NOC then his boss (you) will expel him from the company.

ardianto
03-02-2017, 04:59 PM
o.k. One more option, ask your employee to contact the customer that if he (the customer) doesn't give NOC then his boss (you) will expel him from the company.
The case which my employee made an error happened in 2015 and has been resolved very well. The customer didn't sue me since he really appreciate the responsibility that I took as the boss.

Have you ever heard the saying "the soldier mistake is the commander responsibility"?.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 05:13 PM
The case which my employee made an error happened in 2015 and has been resolved very well. The customer didn't sue me since he really appreciate the responsibility that I took as the boss.

Have you ever heard the saying "the soldier mistake is the commander responsibility"?.
Yes, I have heard that before. It sounds like you are a very good boss to work for.

Scimitar
03-02-2017, 05:17 PM

learning that one myself... all too slowly :(

Scimi

azc
03-02-2017, 05:24 PM
The case which my employee made an error happened in 2015 and has been resolved very well. The customer didn't sue me since he really appreciate the responsibility that I took as the boss. Have you ever heard the saying "the soldier mistake is the commander responsibility"?.
then, what is the issue now.....??

ardianto
03-03-2017, 04:48 PM
then, what is the issue now.....??
I was angry when I reported the case and I accused the guy who made mistake as someone with bad behavior. However, after my anger subsided I reviewed the case and I found that very possible he made the mistake because confusion and under pressure to work fast, so he took initiative to do something without realize it could cause trouble. Then I feel uncomfortable because I am worry my report would make the HRD not objective and give him sanction heavier than his mistake.

azc
03-03-2017, 05:12 PM
I was angry when I reported the case and I accused the guy who made mistake as someone with bad behavior. However, after my anger subsided I reviewed the case and I found that very possible he made the mistake because confusion and under pressure to work fast, so he took initiative to do something without realize it could cause trouble. Then I feel uncomfortable because I am worry my report would make the HRD not objective and give him sanction heavier than his mistake.
so he was not expelled from the company...?

ardianto
03-03-2017, 05:26 PM
so he was not expelled from the company...?
I hope, and I think, he will not expelled. His mistake was not as big as other mistake like stealing. But his reputation will go down.

azc
03-03-2017, 05:38 PM
I hope, and I think, he will not expelled. His mistake was not as big as other mistake like stealing. But his reputation will go down.
this thread proves you an humble and a kind hearted person

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.