/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drawing

Mohammedmhg
03-03-2017, 02:54 PM
If drawing is Haram and Muhammad (SAW ) said so, why did they make this?

https://youtu.be/vGxVWDLO87I

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-03-2017, 09:37 PM
drawing is not haram, but drawing of faces of living creatures is prohibbted!

Mohammedmhg
03-03-2017, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
So they have drawn living creatures in this movie so if Muhammad SAW said drawing of living creatures is haraam then why did they make this?

AbdurRahman.
03-03-2017, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohammedmhg
So they have drawn living creatures in this movie so if Muhammad SAW said drawing of living creatures is haraam then why did they make this?
it's ok to do it to educate children

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohammedmhg
03-03-2017, 09:53 PM
If Muhammad SAW said it's Haram then how it's permissible to draw living creatures even to educate children? Any reason?

AbdurRahman.
03-04-2017, 09:55 PM
If Muhammad SAW said it's Haram then how it's permissible to draw living creatures even to educate children? Any reason?
According to reliable contemporary Hanafi scholars whom I have consulted–including Shaykh Hassaan al-Hindi of Damascus and Shaykh Qasim al-Ta’i of Baghdad–it is permitted to make cartoons and other drawings for children’s educational and recreational materials, basing it on the permission of making, buying, and giving dolls for children, which the Hanafi jurists have affirmed (e.g. in Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar).And Allah alone gives success.
Faraz Rabbani

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/35033

Kiro
03-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Though not all scholars follow this opinion for example the Maliki Madhaab

Mohammedmhg
03-04-2017, 10:04 PM
According to reliable contemporary Hanafi scholars whom I have consulted–including Shaykh Hassaan al-Hindi of Damascus and Shaykh Qasim al-Ta’i of Baghdad–it is permitted to make cartoons and other drawings for children’s educational and recreational materials, basing it on the permission of making, buying, and giving dolls for children, which the Hanafi jurists have affirmed (e.g. in Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar).And Allah alone gives success.
Faraz Rabbani

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/35033
Do you know the opinion of salaf on this matter?

azc
03-05-2017, 07:17 AM
no, don't change the rulings of shariah. What you or I like to do is different matter, what Islam injuncts is important. To educate the children you can use other means...

azc
03-05-2017, 07:20 AM
we can't stop others......

AbdurRahman.
03-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Do you know the opinion of salaf on this matter?

It is well known that Islam has forbidden image-making, drawing and sculpting every animate being that Allaah has created; there are stern warnings issued to those who do that.

Islam makes an exception from this prohibition in the case of images with which children play.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came back from the campaign to Tabook or Khaybar, and in her alcove there was a curtain. The breeze came and lifted the edge of the curtain, uncovering the “daughters” of ‘Aa’ishah, i.e., her dolls. He said: “What is this, O ‘Aa’ishah?” She said: “My daughters.” And among them he saw a horse with two wings of cloth. He said: “What is this that I see among them?” She said: “A horse.” He said: “What is this on it?” She said: “Two wings.” He said: “A horse with wings?” She said: “Have you not heard that Sulaymaan had horses with wings?” She said: And he smiled so broadly that I could see his eye teeth.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4932), classed as saheeh by al-Iraaqi in Takhreej al-Ihya’ (2/344) and by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajr said in Fath al-Baari (10/527):

This hadeeth is taken as evidence that it is permissible to have dolls and toys for girls to play with. This is an exception to the prohibition of images. This was stated by ‘Iyaad, and it was narrated from the majority that they allowed the sale of toys and dolls so that girls might learn from a young age how to take care of their houses and their children. End quote.

https://islamqa.info/en/7117

AbdurRahman.
03-05-2017, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
no, don't change the rulings of shariah. What you or I like to do is different matter, what Islam injuncts is important. To educate the children you can use other means...

Brother valid differences are not condemned.

azc
03-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Brother valid differences are not condemned.
which leeway of valid differences is here..? Will you elaborate these valid differences in the light of ahadith...?

AbdurRahman.
03-05-2017, 09:29 AM
which leeway of valid differences is here..? Will you elaborate these valid differences in the light of ahadith...?

1 Al-Hafiz al-Bayhaqi in his book "al-Madkhal" and al-Zarkashi in his "Tadhkirah fi al-ahadith al-mushtaharah" relate: Imam al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr al-Siddiq said: "The differences among the Companions of Muhammad (s) are a mercy for Allah's servants.Al-Hafiz al-`Iraqi the teacher of Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani said: "This is a saying of al-Qasim ibn Muhammad who said: 'The difference of opinion among the Companions of Muhammad (s) is a mercy.

2 Al-Hafiz Ibn al-Athir in the introduction to his "Jami` al-usul fi ahadith al-rasul" relates the above saying from Imam Malik according to al-Hafiz Ibn al-Mulaqqin in his "Tuhfat al-muhtaj ila adillat al-Minhaj" and Ibn al-Subki in his "Tabaqat al-Shafi`iyya."

3 Bayhaqi and Zarkashi also said: Qutada said: "'Umar ibn `Abd al-`Aziz used to say: 'It would not please me more if the Companions of Muhammad (s) did not differ among them, because had they not differed there would be no leeway (for us).'"

4 Bayhaqi also relates in "al-Madkhal" and Zarkashi in the "Tadhkira": Al-Layth ibn Sa`d said on the authority of Yahya ibn Sa`id: "the people of knowledge are the people of flexibility (tawsi`a). Those who give fatwas never cease to differ, and so this one permits something while that one forbids it, without one finding fault with the other when he knows of his position."

5 Al-Hafiz al-Sakhawi said in his "Maqasid al-hasana" p. 49 #39 after quoting the above: "I have read the following written in my shaykh's (al-Hafiz ibn Hajar) handwriting: 'The hadith of Layth is a reference to a very famous hadith of the Prophet (s), cited by Ibn al-Hajib in the "Mukhtasar" in the section on qiyas (analogy), which says: "Difference of opinion in my Community is a mercy for people" (ikhtilafu ummati rahmatun li al-nas). There is a lot of questioning about its authenticity, and many of the imams of learning have claimed that it has no basis (la asla lahu). However, al-Khattabi mentions it in the context of a digression in "Gharib al-hadith" . . . and what he says concerning the tracing of the hadith is not free from imperfection, but he makes it known that it does have a basis in his opinion.'"

6 Al-`Iraqi mentions all of the above (1-5) in his "Mughni `an haml al-asfar" and says: "What is meant by "the Community" in this saying is those competent for practicing legal reasoning (al-mujtahidun) in the branches of the law, wherein reasoning is permissible."

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/ikhtilaf.htm

azc
03-05-2017, 10:58 AM
These statements of ulama you've mentioned have nothing to do with this thread unless animated pictures or images are proven as permitted by shariah or by some of the scholars

AbdurRahman.
03-05-2017, 02:22 PM
These statements of ulama you've mentioned have nothing to do with this thread unless animated pictures or images are proven as permitted by shariah or by some of the scholars
did you not see any scholars name on that article bro? :Emoji46:

azc
03-05-2017, 02:35 PM
did you not see any scholars name on that article bro? :Emoji46:
Do you think ulama have differences on animated pictures being halal or haram.. If yes, I wish to know which scholars declare animated pictures / images as halal...

AbdurRahman.
03-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Do you think ulama have differences on animated pictures being halal or haram.. If yes, I wish to know which scholars declare animated pictures / images as halal...
it's only regarding childrens education; the fatwas were clear bro; contemporary Hanafi scholars say so based on hadith; i've posted from a salafi site too, in it they concur on this and say ibn Hajar held this view; they also quoted the hadith too

azc
03-05-2017, 03:31 PM
it's only regarding childrens education; the fatwas were clear bro; contemporary Hanafi scholars say so based on hadith; i've posted from a salafi site too, in it they concur on this and say ibn Hajar held this view; they also quoted the hadith too
No, you couldn't understand what the issue is... Plz see this link http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8290

AbdurRahman.
03-06-2017, 02:11 PM
No, you couldn't understand what the issue is... Plz see this link http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8290
cartoons are not life-like bro :Emoji48:

basically we've seen different opinions and as i've said, valid differences are not condemned so you can take your pick but it is wrong to blame another

azc
03-06-2017, 02:21 PM
cartoons are not life-like bro :Emoji48:basically we've seen different opinions and as i've said, valid differences are not condemned so you can take your pick but it is wrong to blame another
perhaps you are not interested to understand the issue... Anyways...

AbdurRahman.
03-06-2017, 02:23 PM
the type your talking about, without facial features, etc, are permitted anyway

Islam makes an exception from this prohibition in the case of images with which children play.

it is permitted to make cartoons and other drawings for children’s educational and recreational materials

the above two lines from the two fatwas posted imply that there is an EXCEPTION to the general rule of prohibbition when it comes to children’s educational and recreational materials

AbdurRahman.
03-06-2017, 02:24 PM
perhaps you are not interested to understand the issue... Anyways...
brother it is your rash understanding that is at fault; think carefully and consider the words carefully!

azc
03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
the type your talking about, without facial features, etc, are permitted anywayIslam makes an exception from this prohibition in the case of images with which children play. it is permitted to make cartoons and other drawings for children’s educational and recreational materialsthe above two lines from the two fatwas posted imply that there is an EXCEPTION to the general rule of prohibbition when it comes to children’s educational and recreational materials
yes, but provided that shariah guide lines are complied with

azc
03-06-2017, 03:30 PM
brother it is your rash understanding that is at fault; think carefully and consider the words carefully!
by this way, most of prohibited things can be proven as permitted e.g. Music, woman leading men's congregation salah etc. See mentality of progressive and liberal Muslims, they take the recourse of cherry picking and begin to prove what is against the established opinion

AbdurRahman.
03-06-2017, 09:10 PM
by this way, most of prohibited things can be proven as permitted e.g. Music, woman leading men's congregation salah etc. See mentality of progressive and liberal Muslims, they take the recourse of cherry picking and begin to prove what is against the established opinion
It's not a matter of making an exception by scholars, but the Prophet (saw ) himself made an exception on this by allowing the dolls of Ayesha (ra). An exception isn't made in everything. Kids need to learn and for learning to be made fun and enjoyable for them

Br if we as laymen can criticize the ijtihad of the 'Ulema then this implies we have better understanding then them so to criticize their rulings is really treading a dangerous and arrogant path

azc
03-07-2017, 03:32 AM
@AbdullahAziz :
“The most severely punished on the day of Qiyamah will be those who make (animate) pictures.” (Sahih al-Bukhari)
according to this and similar ahadith animate pictures are not permitted
Therefore, if the dolls are fully structured, meaning they have the head with the eyes, ears, mouth, etc, then it will be impermissible to acquire them, give them as a gift or for small children to play with them.
if the dolls are fully structured, can't be given to children to play with
However, if the dolls do not have a head, meaning they do not have eyes, ears, nose and mouth which make them incomplete, then it will be permissible to make them and give them to small children
can children like such dolls ?
It has been narrated from Ibn Abbas, Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with them) and others, that a picture without a head is not a picture, thus permissible.
it is manifested
The Hadith which indicates that Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) used to play with dolls, recorded by Imam Abu Dawud and others, does not signify the permissibility of present-day dolls.
Here the door of leeway of permissibility is closed
Firstly, the dolls which A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) played with was not of the type we have today. Her dolls were made out of rags without any prominent features. Many commentators of Hadith have explained that the doll of A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) was not of the type that its features and organs of the body could be clearly seen; rather it was made from cloth and cotton, as how it is generally made in the villages.
Do the children now play with the dolls of rags...?
Secondly, some commentators of Hadith explain that A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) used to play with dolls before the prohibition of picture-making (taswir), and the Hadith was abrogated by the narrations which prohibit picture-making
no leeway of permissibility proven here too
“If the doll of A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) had clear features, then this was before the prohibition of picture-making, otherwise the doll did have prominent features.” (Fath al-Bari)
hafiz ibn hajar rh doesn't support you bro

AbdurRahman.
03-07-2017, 03:37 PM
@AbdullahAziz : according to this and similar ahadith animate pictures are not permitted if the dolls are fully structured, can't be given to children to play with can children like such dolls ? it is manifestedHere the door of leeway of permissibility is closedDo the children now play with the dolls of rags...? no leeway of permissibility proven here too hafiz ibn hajar rh doesn't support you bro
i dont see anything to discuss or debate br as it really should be all clear now [if it weren't from the start] that there is differences of opinion on this and even scholars do not condemn other sunni opinions so it is foolhardy to use a lighter word for any laymen to do so! :Emoji47:

azc
03-07-2017, 06:02 PM
i dont see anything to discuss or debate br as it really should be all clear now [if it weren't from the start] that there is differences of opinion on this and even scholars do not condemn other sunni opinions so it is foolhardy to use a lighter word for any laymen to do so! :Emoji47:
I wish to see the names of scholars especially classical ones who allow the animated things..?

Kiro
03-07-2017, 06:13 PM
The Maliki Madhaab

Islamweb

azc
03-07-2017, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
The Maliki Madhaab

Islamweb
Will you give details .........?

AbdurRahman.
03-08-2017, 03:45 PM
I wish to see the names of scholars especially classical ones who allow the animated things..?
ok so we've seen Ibn Hajar allowed it; he never said anything about not without facial features did he?; look at the differences of opinions; this is from a reputable salafi site; barbie, superman batman teddy's have facial features innit?:

Question

aselamu alaykum I've read your fetawa regarding the keeping of dolls. my question is, i share a room with my little sisters and it's full of dolls such as barbies, bears and the like....i tend to cover them with cloth or put them in wardrobes but it's still hard as my sisters play with it all the time. So is it a must to cover thos things at other times?is there age limite to keep dolls? how about older girls that keep their dolls which they used to play in thier childhood?can we let a boy play with boy's doll such as superman and the like?

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. We ask Allaah to exalt his mention as well as that of his family and all his companions.

The matter is as we mentioned in Fataawa 83314 and 84972 that it is permissible for young girls to play with and keep such dolls as the Prophet

approved of 'Aa'ishah

playing with them.

It is permissible for girls to play with such dolls as long as they are below the age of puberty; if it is said that it is permissible for them to play with dolls after reaching the age of puberty when there is a need, then this is something possible.

'Aa'ishah

narrated: "When the Prophet

arrived after the expedition of Tabook or Khaybar (the doubt is from the narrator on her behalf), the wind raised one end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her. He

asked: ''What is this?'' She

replied: "My dolls''. Among them he

saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: ''What is this that I see among them?" She

replied: "A horse". He

asked: "What is this that it has on? She

replied: "Two wings". He

asked, surprisingly: "A horse with two wings?" She

replied: "Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings?" She

then said: "Thereupon the Prophet

laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth". [Abu Daawood].

Ibn Hajar

when interpreting the narration about 'Aa'ishah

playing with dolls, said: ''Al-Khattaabi

said: ''Playing with dolls is not like entertaining with all other kinds of portraits about which the prohibition is mentioned, rather, the Prophet

permitted 'Aa'ishah

to play with such dolls because she had not yet reached the age of puberty at that time. I [Ibn Hajar] said: ''We cannot be absolutely certain about this, but this is something possible, because 'Aa'ishah

was fourteen years of age at the battle of Khaybar, she has either completed fourteen years, or passed it or nearly reached that age, as regards the battle of Tabook, she has definitely reached the age of puberty, so the narration which says that she reached the age of puberty in Khaybar is more preponderant, and this opinion can be reconciled with what Al-Khataabi

said, as this is more appropriate in order to avoid any contradiction.''

It appears, Allaah knows best, that it is permissible as well for boys to play with dolls which suit their condition and because they are in need for playing with them.

The Kuwaiti Fiqh Encyclopaedia reads: ''We have already reported the statement of Al-Haleemi, that the boys are permitted to play with toys because this makes them happy, and this renders them active, strong and cheerful, and allows them to get a good cultivation and more education. Therefore, the matter is not only restricted to young girls, rather this also applies to young boys; this is the view of Abu Yoosuf

who said: "It is permissible to sell toys, and it is permissible for boys to play with them." His evidence about the permissibility of boys playing with toys or dolls is the narration about the fasting of young boys, which is reported by Al-Bukhaari and Muslim

and which reads: "We make them a toy made of wool, and when one of them cries for food, we give him the toy."

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=92512

and the scholars who are hesitant to allow it; even they are afraid to say it's haraam:

With regard to that which does not have complete features and just has some limbs and a head, there is no doubt that this is permissible and that it comes under the same heading as the dolls with which ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to play. As for that which has complete features, as if you were looking at a person, especially if it can move or has a voice, then I feel hesitant to say that this is permissible, because it is imitating the creation of Allaah. It seems that the toys that ‘Aa’ishah used to play with were not like this, so it is better to avoid them. But I do not say that it is definitely haraam

https://islamqa.info/en/49844

AbdurRahman.
03-08-2017, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
The Maliki Madhaab

Islamweb
thanks bro; i've posted up the Islamweb one!

AbdurRahman.
03-08-2017, 03:56 PM
now let me just explain about rulings of contemporary scholars; we've seen that reliable contemporary Hanafi scholars including Shaykh Hassaan al-Hindi of Damascus and Shaykh Qasim al-Ta’i of Baghdad allow it too; they base their rulings on past views too; they cannot just come up with absolute new rulings without any basis; the four madhabs have been verified by consensus, thus it's workings of how contemporary fatwas are derives is verified too; for the scholars, different rulings are not all right but that 'critisism' is only relegated to the scholastic class

one other thing i'd mention is, since the laymens duty is to 'follow' this is why by chance if a mufti gets a ruling wrong, yet the follower will not be to blame as he is doing only what ALlah ordered in the Quran

Kiro
03-08-2017, 03:57 PM
thanks bro; i've posted up the Islamweb one!
https://www.islamicboard.com/general...2d-images.html << thread

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-383-3367.htm

azc
03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Kiro;2952584]https://www.islamicboard.com/general...2d-images.html

azc
03-08-2017, 06:56 PM
both views are obviously clear but I will prefer prohibition to permission as the ahadith related to this issue warn of severe punishment for doll making.thanks for links

Kiro
03-08-2017, 10:13 PM
both views are obviously clear but I will prefer prohibition to permission as the ahadith related to this issue warn of severe punishment for doll making.thanks for links
You're welcome

follow what you think is right (what is stronger to you)

AbdurRahman.
03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
MaashAllah it is infact better to always choose the more stricter choice; it's just like eating prawns in Hanafi madhab; it is more in line with taqwa to refrain, but if you eat it, no sin!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.