/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How the Prophet dealt with criticism.

SaeedMalik
03-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Hey, first time on here. So there's this bigot I'm arguing with and she says that the prophet killed anyone who insulted him and even said that it the prophet allowed the killing of his enemies and had even used sources from Bukhari and some other sources. I know this to not be true because the prophet was once insulted by his enemies and instead of killing the enemy, he had shrugged it off and said for Abu Bakr to calm down. Can I get some hadeeths to show that the prophet did not kill anyone who insulted him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bosanac
03-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Do you remember the exact hadiths they were referring to? I'm interested to see what incidents they were reffing to. I recall a while back coming across a similar incident where someone was accusing the prophet of ordering a poet to be killed (you might be referring to the same hadith, unfortunately I do not recall the specifics to it) and it was simply a misunderstanding of an Arabic phrase.

In the hadith I'm referring to the prophet told a companion to silence the throat of a poet. The way someone explained it to me though was that the phrase the prophet used is an Arabic phrase for paying someone off. The poet was being a nuisance, hoping to be paid off to stop.
I'm sure others on the board can probably explain it better than me.

azc
03-05-2017, 06:28 PM
With patience and hikmah......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.